Steakhouse Payment for Large Party

wens

If I make a reservation for any of the specialty restaurants on the Vista for a large group, will everyone's meals be charged to my sail and sign card or will each person pay for their own after the meal? I've only been to the steakhouse with my husband and I think I remember paying after the meal. Thank you!!

If I make a reservation for any of the specialty restaurants on the Vista for a large group, will everyone's meals be charged to my sail and sign card or will each person pay for their own after the meal? I've only been to the steakhouse with my husband and I think I remember paying after the meal. Thank you!!

Each person/family will pay separately. S&S cards are charged at the end of the meal.

We had a special occasion on the Magic 3 weeks ago -- 3 couples and one of the couples paid for all of us. He just made it known when we were being seated what his wishes were and they accommodated them.

We did the same thing the next week and there were no problems. Just let them know up front if that's what you want to do.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Large parties usually have a limited menu also

Sent from my iPhone

Party of 13 on the Miracle in October. Ordered off the regular menu. Each couple/ group had their own ticket.

I usually travel with a large group, and I am the group leader. I will make the reservations for everyone. On the Dream back in 2015, I had a total of 26 people who wanted to dine at the steakhouse. The reply that I got back was:

1)There will be a limited menu

2)Who will be the main contact once onboard

3) Contact your travel agent, they will need to authorize us to proceed with this reservation

4)One credit card payment will be taken for all guests. And it was due by a certain date. Which was almost a month in advance.

5)Will need a name, confirmation number and cabin number of all 26 participants.

No way was I going to let them charge $910 to my credit card, and have a limited menu. So the other option was to split up the group into 2 different times, but we will be seated all together. And will be able to order from the regular menu. The first 13 was seated at 6:00 and the second group was seated at 6:30. The Sail & Sign card was charged individually at the end of the meal.

Then in 2016 on the Magic, there were 25 of us that ate at the steakhouse and the Cucina del Capitano with no problem. I couldn't get the original time/day that I wanted, but that was alright. We ordered from the regular menu and everyone paid for their own meal.

Party of 13 on the Miracle in October. Ordered off the regular menu. Each couple/ group had their own ticket.

Parties of 9 and 13 are not what I was referring to. On the Vista we had 36. Billing, as always remains the same.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jimbo5544

I usually travel with a large group, and I am the group leader. I will make the reservations for everyone. On the Dream back in 2015, I had a total of 26 people who wanted to dine at the steakhouse. The reply that I got back was:

1)There will be a limited menu

2)Who will be the main contact once onboard

3) Contact your travel agent, they will need to authorize us to proceed with this reservation

4)One credit card payment will be taken for all guests. And it was due by a certain date. Which was almost a month in advance.

5)Will need a name, confirmation number and cabin number of all 26 participants.

No way was I going to let them charge $910 to my credit card, and have a limited menu. So the other option was to split up the group into 2 different times, but we will be seated all together. And will be able to order from the regular menu. The first 13 was seated at 6:00 and the second group was seated at 6:30. The Sail & Sign card was charged individually at the end of the meal.

Then in 2016 on the Magic, there were 25 of us that ate at the steakhouse and the Cucina del Capitano with no problem. I couldn't get the original time/day that I wanted, but that was alright. We ordered from the regular menu and everyone paid for their own meal.

The steakhouse allowed you that, kudos to them. I was stating their rules which you restated. I was also only stating what happens in the steakhouse, we have done many large parties in Cucina and never had the menu limitation. I have never seen, nor never experienced one sign and sail (I assume you say credit card due to the advance nature of you experience). Depending on which steakhouse you do, it could be monopolizing their entire evening. Some are much larger than others.

Why would they have a limited menu for large party?

Presumably they stock food based on their capacity and small or large groups should have no bearing on it.

I was wondering the same thing:confused::confused:

It's somewhat limited to start with.........

Interesting....

Why would they have a limited menu for large party?

Presumably they stock food based on their capacity and small or large groups should have no bearing on it.

It was explained that cooking so many meals at the same time required it. I had not thought of what they had for supplies.

Sent from my iPhone

It was explained that cooking so many meals at the same time required it. I had not thought of what they had for supplies.

Sent from my iPhone

People will sit at different tables say 8 at a table so only 8 meals have to be finished at one time.

Dont exactly boil potatoes for 8 dinners at a time.

150 people walking into restaurant at one time would be a problem for anyplace that cooks to order.

LOL' date=' you are correct. I misspoke, we have 150 in the group, I don't know how many will go to the SH that night, but prob around 40.

People will sit at different tables say 8 at a table so only 8 meals have to be finished at one time.

Dont exactly boil potatoes for 8 dinners at a time.

It was spread out over 4 tables...I think I posted pics from that night in my review. That said' date=' all the courses were delivered at the same time (which caught my eye at the time, thinking about the coordination).