Carnival cruiser looking at Bliss (West coast)

JMKreno

Hello Norwegian Cruisers!

Been a long time Carnival cruiser and recently went on the Carnival Vista to the Caribbean for 11 days. Love Carnival but our last trip was exhausting with a Toddler to the east coast. We want to stick to the West Coast again (we live in Reno) for another 2 years or so until our youngest is at least 4 or 5, and Carnival only offers the Miracle which I was not a huge fan of with kids or the Splendor which was good but nothing compared to the Carnival Vista.

I noticed the Bliss will be deployed on the West Coast doing Mex Riviera in the timeframe we want to go (October 2018). I know there isn't much info on this ship, but can anyone point me to more of the potential venues/food/etc that is going to be on-board?

Please confirm these differences from Carnival (Vista is comparison) for me:

1) Entertainment. a) Do I need to reserve everything in advance? b) How does it compare to Carnival live music, shows, comedy, movies under stars, etc?

2) Food. I know it's freestyle but a) We may have 10-15 people in a group, how hard is to get a table in dining room, restaurants? b) Deck food. Carnival has amazing deck food with Guys and Blue Iguana, especially included in the fare. c) selection/quality (yes, quality is subjective) d) added costs vs what I got on Carnival (I rarely eat at Specialty restaurants). e) my kids loved the self serve ice-cream, I don't need it 24 hours but does NCL offer something similar?

3) Kids entertainment a) waterslides/pools b) kids club (kids would be 3 and 11 by this time) c) food selection d) other activities (Vista had Skyride, bowling, ropes course, tons of foosball and other activities in the sportsquare, golf)

4) Cabins a) bedding b) cabin space/layouts c) tv/media (map, on-board account access, in-cabin movies, etc on the TV)

5) Anything else that might be a shock or major difference (good or bad).

Remember, the decor of Vista is more subdued and "cosmopolitan" than other Carnival ships, but most NCL ships I've seen pictures of look very nice as well.

I just don't want to get on and realize everything that was "included" in Carnival fares I now have to pay a small fee for on NCL.

We don't drink so alcohol packages are not a big deal to us, my wife is vegetarian so that's important, and we are not foodies at all.

Thanks in advance!!!! Really thinking about shaking things up.