Barbados flights

ospreycruiser

I have read on another forum that there are plans to stop using the Thomson Dreamliner on Caribbean flights. We are on Britannia in February 2018 so would probably be affected. Does this mean more use of Virgin Atlantic in addition to the Adonia cruises?

I looked on the P&O website but could not find anything.

I don't understand all the fascination over the Dreamliner. We have flown in one on two occasions; the second occasion being one of the most uncomfortable flights we have ever experienced, despite being in premium. The Cabin Manager told us it was probably due to the seating; Thomson were at that time on their 6th or 7th different type of seat, as apparently they keep tweaking the designs. IMO it is service that is most important; well, that and a safe aircraft :eek:

I heard a whisper that P & O only use Thompson 767's because they were offered cheap as they are end of there service with Thompson and the last three are due to be sold to another airline when replaced with Dreamliners. Heard that next winters flights to the Caribbean from Gatwick and Manchester will be with Virgin Atlantic, Yes, you have guessed it using the last of there old fleet before they to are replaced over the next two years. Seems Thompson are still down to do Birmingham at the moment with the last 767 or Dreamliner but the plane choice will be down to Thompson not P& O. The chap seemed very well informed and talked a lot of sense about this and other stuff.

I heard a whisper that P & O only use Thompson 767's because they were offered cheap ..................................

Rather strange comments that tend to be contradicted by the facts. Over 90% of Gatwick to Barbados flights have been on the Boeing787 Dreamliner.

Our Gatwick - Barbados flights next January are Thomson (premium... special birthday 😊) it was "sold" to us on the basis of being a dreamliner so fingers crossed.

Still as long as I get to go PE and get there on one piece I'll be happy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We are going on TOM034 from Gatwick to Barbados on 24th Feb and were 'promised' a Dreamliner when we booked on board Britannia in May but alas no, it is 767.

Thomson Airways are using their Dreamliner Aircraft on their own long haul Holiday flights that may be the reason they have not been available for all of P&Os charters.

On our last two cruises with P&O the aircraft were Dreamliners, this years flight was a 767.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

Thomson Airways are using their Dreamliner Aircraft on their own long haul Holiday flights that may be the reason they have not been available for all of P&Os charters.

On our last two cruises with P&O the aircraft were Dreamliners, this years flight was a 767.

The home port dates might be relevant as Thomson have 3 ships in the Caribbean next winter and hotels as well. A ship like TUI Discovery 1/2 has over 2000 passengers and a ship load would need more than 8 Dreamliners, even without hotel guests.

Rather strange comments that tend to be contradicted by the facts. Over 90% of Gatwick to Barbados flights have been on the Boeing787 Dreamliner.

This maybe true in general, but we have flown 3 times out of Gatwick, heading for Barbados; once on Thomson, twice on Thomas Cook, i.e. 33% in our case.

Our flight isn't till December, but personally, I'd rather it was on the 767 as opposed the dreamliner.

We got premium as a 'perk' when we booked, but then I was alarmed to find out that Tomsons premium is only 18" seat width and the 767 is 20.5"

Those two and a half inches could be the difference to being omfortable to uncomfortable ;)

Just flown on the 787 in PE with Thomson. Plenty of room, but not as much as PE with Virgin, good service, plenty of drinks. Virgin is better, but not twice as good (if not more), which is what the Virgin premium extract is compared to Thomson.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Can anyone confirm what, if any, complimentary food or drink is provided on Thomson Barbados flights from Manchester or is it all to be purchased? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You get food included on the flight in the form of a full meal after takeoff and then a smaller meal shortly before landing. The only free drink is water or tea/coffee at meal times, no free soft drinks or alcohol anymore

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are alcoholic drinks free if you have booked premium, I was lead to believe this was the case, if not why are they charging £299? , cheers David

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

Taken from the P&O Brochure... from the side of my sofa:D

"Flights to and from Barbados include complimentary in-flight meals. Passengers upgrading to Premium Economy also benefit from complimentary drinks (excluding sparkling wine and champagne)"

Hope this helps

I do not wish to sound pedantic, but the drinks are hardly free if you are paying £299.00 to upgrade to Premium.

It takes a lot of "Free" drinks to cover your £299.00, I have never felt the need to upgrade however I would never criticise anyone who likes to do so but let us not pretend the drinks are "Free".

I do not wish to sound pedantic, but the drinks are hardly free if you are paying £299.00 to upgrade to Premium.

It takes a lot of "Free" drinks to cover your £299.00, I have never felt the need to upgrade however I would never criticise anyone who likes to do so but let us not pretend the drinks are "Free".

Not wishing to sound pedantic but the question asked was if the drinks were free if premium had been paid for. In that context, they are free.