Carnival Breeze internet packages

zdub86

For anyone who has been on the Breeze, could you please tell me what internet packages they offer? Specifically one that allows Facetime/Skype/Tango/any other video chat apps on your phone. What would the cost be for the entire week? Do you have to pay for the whole week, or could we just buy it for a single day?

You can buy them one day at a time (prices per day listed below) or you can order for the whole cruise and get a discount off that daily price:

What plans are offered?

New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

To access Wi-Fi, simply turn on your device's Wi-Fi feature and you will receive the information needed. You can do this anywhere onboard the ship.

What restrictions are there?

Please note that as our services are carried via satellite; there are a few limitations compared to your home network.

Satellite internet speed may vary depending on location and time of day

Video streaming sites such as Hulu and Netflix are blocked

Access to certain sites such as mature or violent content is blocked

VPN connections are not supported - discuss your VPN limitations with your company’s IT department if you are planning to work while sailing. We are not able to change your settings onboard.

edit to add: That "speeds up to three times faster than our value plan..." is still pretty slow.

Okay so for Skype I'll need the Premium plan it looks like. Thanks!!

Yes, you definitely will. We had the $72.00 mid level plan last week. I could access all the websites I wanted, but opening any links from FB or Drudge was pretty much a no go. All I got was the Carnival page telling me I needed to upgrade the plan to see what I was clicking on. Very frustrating when I couldn't open links sent to me in e-mails that I needed to see. Good thing my T-Mobile worked in the ports so I could open them in my phone for a minimal charge in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I can use my phone in Mexico as if I am home, so I spent all day in Cozumel catching up on business.

Is the package good for the whole cabin? Can you use it on more than 1 device?

You can only be logged in on one device per time, per plan.

But it IS good for the whole cabin, in the sense that as long as you share your Folio # and date-of-birth with your cabinmates, they can kick you off if they want to log on with their device :-)

• 1 month later...
Do you need an internet package to use the Carnival Hub app?

no, HUB app runs off the ship wifi but you don't have to have an internet package for that because the HUB app doesn't let you do anything off ship. You can use almost all the features of HUB for free but if you want to enable chat that costs 5 bucks per cruise per device (no matter how long the cruise is, it's just 5 bucks to chat). That will let you chat with anyone while onboard the ship who is also onboard the ship and has HUB with chat enabled.

Remember not every ship has HUB yet but they all will eventually.