Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I can practically smell the hot dogs from the Spectrum's SeaPlex. [emoji12][emoji894][emoji894]

Photo in Hall 6 by Meyer Werft visitor Gabriele Meiser.

6466de21f9a84ceb5c7cfe69bca66045.jpg

0cdcec4fa30ba8f1c3dcaef45e173a68.jpg

And I can practically smell the engine exhaust from the Spectrum's smokestack. [emoji12]

Photo in Hall 6 by Meyer Werft visitor Gabriele Meiser

6b236aeb8a1afecb9879ba18c9529a01.jpg

dfb6eea9674926e02e24d54d16705024.jpg

Is this ship going to get built faster than usual?

There might be less time in the Hall due to more/bigger blocks being built off site (like the engine block), but I think the overall build is still around 18 months.

There might be less time in the Hall due to more/bigger blocks being built off site (like the engine block), but I think the overall build is still around 18 months.

And still No word on release date. Assuming it's Fall of 2019, they're kinda late with that info. We booked the Symphony TA in January of 17 for October of 18. If Symphony is going to Hong Kong by December of 19, then you'd think the ride from Europe, through the Suez Canal, and down across to Asia would have to happen by sometime in November at the latest.

Wonder when they'll spill the beans???

Assuming it's Fall of 2019, they're kinda late with that info.

The ship is due to be completed about a year from now.

Very likely with either the China Phase I or II releases coming in about 3+ weeks. Quantum and China itineraries have always been on their own schedule, very late.

And still No word on release date. Assuming it's Fall of 2019, they're kinda late with that info. We booked the Symphony TA in January of 17 for October of 18. If Symphony is going to Hong Kong by December of 19, then you'd think the ride from Europe, through the Suez Canal, and down across to Asia would have to happen by sometime in November at the latest.

I have already kept a month free with my boss to do Europe to Dubai and Dubai to Singapore back to backs

I obviously have no idea whether this will happen, but it is logical and I wanted to be prepared

Photo of the build and a block in Hall 6 at Meyer Werft from the RCI Press Center webpage.

a635de18f797090f6c3ec96d57c9915d.jpg

Coworker André (remember him from from Quantum of the Seas build days?) and I are wondering if the oval opening seen in the latest photos of the Spectrum of the Seas build is located where the Via is located, and PERHAPS is an opening down into the deck areas of the new MDR?

André is wondering if the MDR is going to be 3 decks -3,4 & 5 - then it is an opening 'between' deck areas of the new MDR.

Possibility of adding a deck to this Quantum Ultra ship?

76423e5f262e94fc51616522472faa0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

They've been using that technology for years on submarines.

I'm surprised. Bubbles leave a trail and reflect a sonar signal. I thought most submarines have a coating that absorbs sonar so it doesn't reflect back. Wouldn't the bubbles defeat that?

André is wondering if the MDR is going to be 3 decks -3,4 & 5 - then it is an opening 'between' deck areas of the new MDR.

Bayley did mention it will have a single MDR and based on feedback from the existing three ships maybe they think doing 3 venues on 3 decks is better than the current set up.

Bayley did mention it will have a single MDR and based on feedback from the existing three ships maybe they think doing 3 venues on 3 decks is better than the current set up.
A view of the MDR taking shape with a better view of the oval opening between deck 4 and 5, and part of a larger oval opening between deck 3 and 4. c6ffedb1f69517eebe5c2910704f8f39.jpg15985eef705a86af300f8e51975db20a.jpgfcdc0f62a9751fbf31beab1792b25638.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk