Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Newly designed WOWBands for Spectrum of the Seas. Apparently now with a huge space dedicated to the ships name, in both Chinese and English.

That may mean you can't use it (or trade it in) on other RFID equipped ships.

That may mean you can't use it (or trade it in) on other RFID equipped ships.

Much agreed. They may also want to charge guests a premium for this piece of technology. But I heard mobile payments and cabin unlock with phones are coming, so we’ll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got to love 360° views.

Thanks to an AIDAnova image by Meyer Werft, I got some nice Spectrum of the Seas screen grabs. [emoji12]

North Star base under wraps

de026c50ae0edcb70600be2c245dde21.jpg

Bow section

d129b0bc7e81f5acefe57f66eb67eafb.jpg

Megablock #2

945b792c49601f04089a690c5d9edd1c.jpg

The Balcony on top of the Solarium

34bfde73a6399cf78447ecaf3112e2a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know why RCI seems to feel that Quantum-class ships belong in Asia/Pacific? I'm making this assumption, but I think it's obvious based on their actions. Four of the five Quantum (and -Ultra) -class ships have either ended up in APAC or been purpose-built for the market, including the two newest - and upgraded - builds in the class.

I'm glad that Ovation is coming to Alaska but that still puts only 2 of 5 ships in the NA market, and none in the more traditional Caribbean zones (Florida/Texas). Do they just not see these ships as good fits for the market? If so that's a shame, because Anthem has easily been in my top-two favorite ships and I'd love to have more opportunities to sail the class.

Do we know why RCI seems to feel that Quantum-class ships belong in Asia/Pacific? I'm making this assumption, but I think it's obvious based on their actions. Four of the five Quantum (and -Ultra) -class ships have either ended up in APAC or been purpose-built for the market, including the two newest - and upgraded - builds in the class.

I'm glad that Ovation is coming to Alaska but that still puts only 2 of 5 ships in the NA market, and none in the more traditional Caribbean zones (Florida/Texas). Do they just not see these ships as good fits for the market? If so that's a shame, because Anthem has easily been in my top-two favorite ships and I'd love to have more opportunities to sail the class.

It’s all about where they can make the most $. Also, as far as I’m aware, there have been no announcements pertaining to where Q5 will sail from, so technically only 3 of 4 spend (or will spend) time in Asia or Australia . :)

It’s all about where they can make the most $. Also, as far as I’m aware, there have been no announcements pertaining to where Q5 will sail from, so technically only 3 of 4 spend (or will spend) time in Asia or Australia . :)

My mistake. I thought I read something in this thread about Quantum 5 (Quantum Ultra 2?) also being sent straight to Asia. Perhaps I was hallucinating ;p

My mistake. I thought I read something in this thread about Quantum 5 (Quantum Ultra 2?) also being sent straight to Asia. Perhaps I was hallucinating ;p

Given what NCL is doing with their very similar ships in 2019, I would expect two of the five Q5 ships to be in NA, once Q5 comes out.

Might as well start with this article from May 2015

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ordered a fourth Quantum-class ship from Meyer Werft, Papenburg for delivery in 2019

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/royal-caribbean-orders-a-fourth-quantum-class-ship.html

They are naming a ship after a cable TV / ISP company??? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...