Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

Heard, not seen, on a Summer of 2015 Carnival cruise:

Every ship we have ever been on has posted in every bathroom and public restroom placards clearly stating that nothing but toilet paper should be deposited in the toilet. On this cruise the first full day was a sea day, and during the morning announcements by the captain and cruise director there was included a long list of things that should not be placed in/flushed through cabin toilets, and specifically stated was the admonition to please not discard used diapers in the ships plumbing. Four mornings into the cruise, there was a second, more strongly worded order to not flush dirty diapers in the stateroom toilet, with the explanation the ship's plumbing was not built to handle the debris, and would clog, thank you. On the last full day, also a sea day, there was a late morning announcement that a plumbing problem effecting a couple of decks was being addressed as quickly as possible, and the ship's officers must insist that passengers please refrain from placing items such as diapers into the overtaxed plumbing system.

Geez. Did they ever make this announcement in another language?

Well, this crazy event involved me...

Each night my DH and I had dinner next to a wonderful English couple; he was 90 and she was in her early 70's. Peter was always dressed perfectly and had a little story to tell.

One evening when all four of us were walking slowly to the elevators after dinner, Peter, for some reason, chose to put his cane between the elevator doors as they were closing and his cane got stuck(we were all dressed up and Peter was wearing a tux), I tried to pull on it and almost fell over backwards. Peter's wife looked at her husband and said "You're an idiot." When the next elevator arrived, Peter walked in and looked at everyone and said "I'm an idiot." The people in the elevator were stunned and did not know whether to laugh or not and Peter's wife was as red as a beet. Peter looked at me and winked! Maybe you just had to be there, but it was hilarious...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

One cruise there was a guy at the cheese counter in the buffet who told a "cut the cheese" joke and seemed very pleased with himself. Something like "boy, they sure do like to cut the cheese in here." I saw him a few days later and he said the same joke. He was very proud of it.

Our very first cruise, little Majesty of the Seas.

We were at lunch and we were at a large table. A youngish woman sat down and proceeded to tell us how she hated the cruise because "none of the elevators worked" and she couldn't find the hair dryer.

The waiter then passed around the menus and ..... hers was in Spanish.

"It's in Spanish!" she screamed and then burst into tears. The waiter apologized while handing her an English menu. She refused, stating her appetite was gone and her cruise was ruined.:eek:

On an RCI cruise 4 or 5 years ago a hooker approached me on the Lido deck for her services.

It was interesting for sure. My dad and his business partner took all their workers on a cruise. We were all enjoying a sunny day when this woman approached me and said $150 for a good time. She then told my father $200 and went down the row of us offering different price points until she reached my dad's business partners wife. She flipped out and got security about the situation. Security found the woman and that's the last we heard or saw of her the rest of the cruise. Of all the complaints I have seen about Carnival being inferior to RCI, I have never been solicited by a prostitute on Carnival.

On Celebrity while waiting in a line to enter Ashdod a woman started complaining about how long the line was(about an hour). She then started telling her friend she knew a trick to skip the line at which point she got a worker and told them she needed a wheelchair. They got the wheelchair and wheeled her to the front. The next day I saw her jogging on the walking track. That really annoyed me.

Finally on a Carnival cruise they have a chocolate extravaganza buffet event and the woman in front of me got chocolate on her finger which she licked off while still in the buffet line. She continued grabbing more food so every serving spoon she touched I asked the worker to please change them out because that lady was being nasty. She finally heard me say it and argued with me until she stormed off knowing I was right about her being gross.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I think I win on this one if there's a prize. :)

On my last Caribbean cruise Dec 11 (Eclipse), on deck 14 where you walk around the ship, a middle age woman (not European because I heard her talking with a twang), was sunbathing topless. I walk around, saw her, had a double take because I couldn't believe my eyes, not that I was interested in seeing her exposed top. So each time I walk around there after, she gave me the evil eye. I told her, get over yourself, you've absolutely nothing I'm interested in! Of course I did that in my inside voice!

To the topless woman if you're reading this - get your boobs up to the 16th floor next time.

I think I win on this one if there's a prize. :)

On my last Caribbean cruise Dec 11 (Eclipse), on deck 14 where you walk around the ship, a middle age woman (not European because I heard her talking with a twang), was sunbathing topless. I walk around, saw her, had a double take because I couldn't believe my eyes, not that I was interested in seeing her exposed top. So each time I walk around there after, she gave me the evil eye. I told her, get over yourself, you've absolutely nothing I'm interested in! Of course I did that in my inside voice!

To the topless woman if you're reading this - get your boobs up to the 16th floor next time.

You definitely won if you're a 13 year old boy!

At guest services there were two women complaining about their shore excursion in Lisbon. They said they went for a massage and it was the worst massage ever. The woman at Guest Services directed them to speak to shore excursions to make a complaint. They said that Shore Ex didn't care to speak with them.... eventually it came out that this wasn't a ship sponsored shore excursion at all. The two women said that they wanted money from Celebrity because even though it wasn't a X shore ex, it was the worst massage in the world and - really quotes are required - "its ruined our entire lives forever", and Celebrity was to blame for bringing them to Lisbon.

Must have been some bad massage.

Our first cruise was on the Freedom of the Seas, which has the cantilevered hot tubs sticking out from the side of the ship. This cruise was with two other couples that are great friends. We were strolling around the deck above those hot tubs and decided to look down to see if they were empty (we were considering a dip). At that moment we see this guy completely disrobe and sit in the hot tub naked(by himself). Needless to say, we didn't use the hot tub.

All we had to do the rest of the cruise was mention "naked hot tub guy", and we would all have a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A number of years ago my wife and I were seated at an eight top in the MDR. The first night one of the others at the table asked me what I did for a living. I replied honestly that I am an Anglican (Episcopalian in the US) priest. Big mistake! Turns out were at a table of fundamentalists who spent the meal telling us that we weren't "real Christians" and that we would probably spend eternity in the lake of fire for our "liberal beliefs".

We were at a different table for the rest of the cruise with some really nice guests. If I'm asked now what I do for a living I say I work in the social services sector until I know my audience.

George +

On an RCI cruise 4 or 5 years ago a hooker approached me on the Lido deck for her services.

It was interesting for sure. My dad and his business partner took all their workers on a cruise. We were all enjoying a sunny day when this woman approached me and said $150 for a good time. She then told my father $200 and went down the row of us offering different price points until she reached my dad's business partners wife. She flipped out and got security about the situation. Security found the woman and that's the last we heard or saw of her the rest of the cruise. Of all the complaints I have seen about Carnival being inferior to RCI, I have never been solicited by a prostitute on Carnival.

On Celebrity while waiting in a line to enter Ashdod a woman started complaining about how long the line was(about an hour). She then started telling her friend she knew a trick to skip the line at which point she got a worker and told them she needed a wheelchair. They got the wheelchair and wheeled her to the front. The next day I saw her jogging on the walking track. That really annoyed me.

Finally on a Carnival cruise they have a chocolate extravaganza buffet event and the woman in front of me got chocolate on her finger which she licked off while still in the buffet line. She continued grabbing more food so every serving spoon she touched I asked the worker to please change them out because that lady was being nasty. She finally heard me say it and argued with me until she stormed off knowing I was right about her being gross.

Maybe they had a convention.

This wasn't on Celebrity but NCL. We were watching a very funny comedian in the theater when all of a sudden a drunk stood up and yelled "you suck". He then walked out.

Edited by dkjretired

Minor story but shows how silly some people are. Late boarding on Infinity due to noro virus cleaning. Couldn't access cabins until very late. Was talking to an elderly couple that evening. She was mortified that there were no bedskirts on the beds. They were still being laundered and she couldn't tolerate being able to see under the bed. Seriously[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've see a lot of crazy things on cruise ships, mainly bad behavior. However, on my first Celebrity cruise, this one beats them all.

We in the Rendezvous Lounge listening to some music, watching people dance, and just enjoying the evening overall. Then they switched bands and things got a little more amped up. So the dancing was more animated. There were 2 girls who were dancing together, which not out of the ordinary. Both were wearing dresses. One of them was quite pregnant and definitely not letting it hold her back one bit.

That, however, was not the the craziest thing. The other girl got so into the music she started doing high leg kicks! A LOT of them. She was also not wearing panties and showing everything off. She was also not a biological girl....

We stayed just to see the looks on anyone who noticed. There were some who didn't know how to react!

We went back to the lounge the next couple of nights to see if there were there again, but we never saw them. But people were talking about them!

10 years ago on the Galaxy, we shared a table with very nice couple from NY. Every night I will ask her if she enjoyed her dinner and reply was: this was the best - whatever she had - chicken or steak- I ever had... On the last night I asked again what she thinks about food and service and she said:"Food:eek: s----ks.

Different cruise line ... couple fighting in room a few doors down from ours [we could hear them from our balcony, which we were trying to enjoy] and the husband threw all personal items and balcony chairs overboard. Watched the cloths/chairs float by. We did call guest services.

Another cruise (again different line) traditional dinner 6:00 in MDR -- seated at a table with a "bible study" group. Was asked our religion as soon as we sat, and proceeded to demand we pray before dining. Upon completion of dinner/bible study we were informed that we could share a "Catholic" prayer the next day at dinner. I have nothing against "praying or bible study" but this was a little much for us. We talked to dinning room staff and had them move our table and time 8:30 to get away ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1st off I am 81 years old & a vet. There was this rather good looking young lady ( 30 or so ) lounging on her beach chair by the pool. As I walked to the bar I had to pass her & of course looked ( I am 81 but not dead ) she had a very nice 2 piece suit on which the bittom was pulled down below her belly button & tattoed on her belly was " WELCOME ABOARD " so being a vet I stood at attention & said "PERMISSON TO COME ABOARD " Her husband,friend started to laugh he bought me a drink. Old age has its rewards.

george35

• Haha 1

On the Millenium West Med Cruise a long time ago, after dinner our friends and us went for a walk around the pool which at the time was left open due to an outside midnight buffet. We were surprised to find a young couple, oblivious to the world, having you know what in one of the hot tubs. Several people besides us four passed them, but they were unphased. Never saw them again after this episode.

Get in a lift (elevator) and get very confused that it would not take them to the front of the ship from the aft. We tried to explain that it only went up and down but they just did not get it.

It was hysterically funny though.

They'd watched too much Star Trek

Get in a lift (elevator) and get very confused that it would not take them to the front of the ship from the aft. We tried to explain that it only went up and down but they just did not get it.

It was hysterically funny though.

They'd watched too much Star Trek

Are you a Cruise Director...

1st off I am 81 years old & a vet. There was this rather good looking young lady ( 30 or so ) lounging on her beach chair by the pool. As I walked to the bar I had to pass her & of course looked ( I am 81 but not dead ) she had a very nice 2 piece suit on which the bittom was pulled down below her belly button & tattoed on her belly was " WELCOME ABOARD " so being a vet I stood at attention & said "PERMISSON TO COME ABOARD " Her husband,friend started to laugh he bought me a drink. Old age has its rewards.

george35

I am not sure what the most appalling thing in this story is. Congrats!

I am not sure what the most appalling thing in this story is. Congrats!

Not appalling, the thread is for Craziest thing. I think asking a woman for "Permission to Board" is right up there. And yes, old age has it's benefits :)