Craziest thing you've seen another passenger do

danielbriere

On a Carnival cruise many years ago there was an older lady very well dressed with lots of jewelry and makeup. I had the feeling she was rich. He companion with a very nice looking much younger man who was very attentive to her. This was back when they had real bands playing and one day the couple walked in the room and the band started playing "just a gigolo". The both turned around and walked back out while the rest of us were laughing hysterically.

Laura

• Haha 1

In addition to the pizza person that started this post, we've had a few others on previous cruises ...

-- There was the couple (on another line) who argued loudly enough in the next stateroom that we heard them every night. When we went to disembark on the final day, police redirected us away from their cabin as they were being led off the ship in handcuffs.

-- There was the lady who decided to spin her lounge chair around to better face the sun. Except she did it at a speed that suggested she'd once been a baton twirler and smashed me in the face with the leg.

-- And there was the old man who was wearing a way-too-small Speedo that couldn't quite hold on to his hips as he pulled himself out of the pool. Saw more of him than his proctologist that day.

Love these stories you're all sharing. Hilarious stuff.

We were on the reflection last week - great cruise.

Couple of things from this one

Came back on disembarkation day to our table in the buffet where we had left all of our bags and there was a plate on the table. Thought it was odd but a couple of seconds later an elderly gentleman came to the table and said move that bag my wife is coming to the table. There were lots of empty tables. I guess maybe he wanted to make a last minute friend?

Waiting for a luggage a woman comes to the luggage carousel and even though the numbers are listed is complaining at the top of her lungs that this is the worst luggage system in the world and how do people know where their luggage is. She tried to get a porter to help her and they just ignored her.

Well, this crazy event involved me...

Each night my DH and I had dinner next to a wonderful English couple; he was 90 and she was in her early 70's. Peter was always dressed perfectly and had a little story to tell.

One evening when all four of us were walking slowly to the elevators after dinner, Peter, for some reason, chose to put his cane between the elevator doors as they were closing and his cane got stuck(we were all dressed up and Peter was wearing a tux), I tried to pull on it and almost fell over backwards. Peter's wife looked at her husband and said "You're an idiot." When the next elevator arrived, Peter walked in and looked at everyone and said "I'm an idiot." The people in the elevator were stunned and did not know whether to laugh or not and Peter's wife was as red as a beet. Peter looked at me and winked! Maybe you just had to be there, but it was hilarious...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very funny... even as a re-tell :)

On my last cruise we were sunbathing out on deck when two people (one spoke to us and was male, based on height i assume they both were) were walking around on deck dressed in panda costumes asking people if they want to take pictures with them. I'm pretty certain they were passengers because there was no photographer with them. People just taking out their cellphones for selfies.

There was absolutely no explanation. It was just odd... and even odder considering the foresight for a passenger to both purchase a panda suit and pack it in his luggage.

I was on the Reflection last week as well and as usual had a few good laughs at the expense of fellow cruisers

I did grab a woman by the leg when I reached back over my head to pull the towel over my face when the sun got hot.. Happily she got a laugh out of it

Only bad thing was the guy who verbally attacked my daughter in a church ( tour) in Jamaica. We requested a front seat on the bus as she gets motion sick in cars and buses unless she is looking out the front window ( and she is 39) The guy called her a bull****ter.. in French but she understood him and told him to focus on enjoying his day and may have used the word '*******' when she got far enough away. He would stare us down when ever he saw us. I wanted to say that sadly some people are born with afflictions and some like his ignorance were self imposed.

Last time on the Reflection there was a guy who we guess was close to 500 lbs ( and in his swimsuit daily) sat on the glass display case by the ice cream . It is now plexi glass.. yes , glass was everywhere

Once I saw someone wearing their cruise provided bathrobe at the breakfast buffet

At least they were wearing the robe. I saw two young ladies (early 20s, maybe) on a five-day Century cruise wearing pajamas. Both were barefoot and looked like they hadn't combed their hair either. So I guess they figured cruise breakfast is just like back home - just wake up and show up.

Can't remember the ship, but it was Celebrity during breakfast at the buffet.

This woman sitting alone surrounded her plate with beach bags, books, camera, anything she could find.

We had a perfect view. She took sanitary napkin bags out of her purse and filled at least a dozen each with a donut, then put them in her bag.

A bit tacky to say the least!!

An older guy sunning by the pool wearing his cotton tightie whities.. yup the old style with the front door

and then there was the larger lady in Labadee last week wearing a butt floss swim suit and she kept bending down in front of us to dig little shells from the sand... no visible fabric at all.!!!

Years ago on RCCL, we saw a couple remove their bathing suits and try to swap with each other while in the pool. They were pretty drunk, after a shore excursion. We heard that they were warned that if there were any more incidences, that they would be removed from the ship.

Just off Reflection. Wonderful week. But was stunned by one passenger in the pizza line at Oceanview Cafe.

Rather than simply take a slice or two, he took a piece ... then picked all the pepperoni off all the other slices to add to it. Leaving a cheese pizza for everyone else behind him.

Just shook my head at the I-am-the-centre-of-the-universe attitude. Though I admit it was so ridiculous it was actually funny.

Anyone else experience bizarre behaviours by fellow guests? Love to hear them.

Thanks for the laughs for the day. What a great read. You made my day.

On my last cruise we were sunbathing out on deck when two people (one spoke to us and was male, based on height i assume they both were) were walking around on deck dressed in panda costumes asking people if they want to take pictures with them. I'm pretty certain they were passengers because there was no photographer with them. People just taking out their cellphones for selfies.

There was absolutely no explanation. It was just odd... and even odder considering the foresight for a passenger to both purchase a panda suit and pack it in his luggage.

Millennium China cruise?:rolleyes:?

On my last cruise, I was in the Diamond Lounge during the nightly event. There was a Pinnacle person there (I think she had the highest number of cruise points on the ship). She ordered a martini - the bartender made her the drink (even though it isn't on the drink list). She took a sip and yelled loud enough for everyone to hear "Is this how you make a 'fracking' martini? Go back and make it right!" (her language has been edited to a pg rating)

I felt so bad for the guy. This woman took the same seat every night. ONe night we got there a little early and sat in "her" seat. The looks we got from here were GREAT!!!!

Geez. Did they ever make this announcement in another language?

Although passengers were probably were almost entirely English speaking, I think the announcements were also made in Spanish.

As in almost every one of these stories, the problem probably isn't language, it's in the lack of thoughtfulness about one's actions and the consideration for others.

Edited by cruisefam38

Several over the years..

The naked man in the hallway. As we went back to our room after dinner, we looked down the hall and there he was, between us and the door to our room, rather frantic and trying to cover himself. We didn't know if he was drunk or otherwise impaired, so we retreated to the elevator lobby & called security. We were later told by our room steward that he claimed he had had room service dinner, went to put the tray & dishes out in the hall and the door slammed shut behind him. Sounds fairly feasible, except we didn't see any tray in the hallway.

Leg wrestling in the main dining room. Absolutely true - a young Norwegian man at our table, after much imbibing of Aquavit with beer chasers, challenged our traveling companion to 'an old Norwegian custom, leg wrestling'. The dining room was mostly empty, and the Norwegian was a friend of the ship's captain, so the servers moved some tables and the wrestling match began. Didn't last long - our friend was no match for the Norwegian! This was many years ago, probably 1981.

Finally, the most horrifying was the couple that posed their 2 young children (maybe 5-7 age ranges) sitting on top of the ship rail on one of the upper decks, and then backed away to take pictures of them. We had just come up the stairs and were stunned by their stupidity and afraid to say anything to startle the kids. They saw us and quickly gathered up the kids and made an exit. We did report it to security and gave the best description we could, but don't know if they were able to find them and do anything about it.

Just off Reflection. Wonderful week. But was stunned by one passenger in the pizza line at Oceanview Cafe.

Rather than simply take a slice or two, he took a piece ... then picked all the pepperoni off all the other slices to add to it. Leaving a cheese pizza for everyone else behind him.

Just shook my head at the I-am-the-centre-of-the-universe attitude. Though I admit it was so ridiculous it was actually funny.

Anyone else experience bizarre behaviours by fellow guests? Love to hear them.

Personally, being in the food industry, I would have soundly chewed this disgusting pig out in front of everyone. I saw this guy touching the food with his hands & told him to stop. Well, after the "F-word" was said to me, I then said loud enough for all to hear: "Excuse me, everyone! Do all of you think it's acceptable for this pig to be touching food with his hands, or is getting Norovirus what you came on board to receive, rather than a great cruise?" The crowd all screamed at him: "NO! Do not touch the food with your hands!" The guy just about crawled away. Public shaming will work when necessary. If a person takes a shot at you, security cameras will see & they will be removed from the ship.

Edited by keithm
punctuation
  • Like 1

We were in the library when a screaming fight broke out between an elderly couple, both on scooters, both with hearing aids. It was pretty hilarious.

Hanging out on my aft balcony a pungent smell wafted up. A young man was smoking a joint a couple of balconies below. He saw me see him and he asked me if I would like to come join him. I smiled and politely refused.

I love cruising.

1st off I am 81 years old & a vet. There was this rather good looking young lady ( 30 or so ) lounging on her beach chair by the pool. As I walked to the bar I had to pass her & of course looked ( I am 81 but not dead ) she had a very nice 2 piece suit on which the bittom was pulled down below her belly button & tattoed on her belly was " WELCOME ABOARD " so being a vet I stood at attention & said "PERMISSON TO COME ABOARD " Her husband,friend started to laugh he bought me a drink. Old age has its rewards.

george35

Good to see your sense of humor has stayed young & full of vigor!

At guest services there were two women complaining about their shore excursion in Lisbon. They said they went for a massage and it was the worst massage ever. The woman at Guest Services directed them to speak to shore excursions to make a complaint. They said that Shore Ex didn't care to speak with them.... eventually it came out that this wasn't a ship sponsored shore excursion at all. The two women said that they wanted money from Celebrity because even though it wasn't a X shore ex, it was the worst massage in the world and - really quotes are required - "its ruined our entire lives forever", and Celebrity was to blame for bringing them to Lisbon.

Must have been some bad massage.

Apparently no happy ending

Some of these stories are merely amusing and thanks for recounting them. Others relate disgusting or unsanitary behavior and I really think it behooves all of us, for the good of our fellow passengers, to call people out. Thankfully, I haven't seen any of the "I'm on my vacation and I'll do what I want" types speak up, or did I miss it?

On a Princess ship we wanted to attend a very good show being held in a small venue. We could only get a seat in the last row which meant an aisle was between us and the stage. We knew people would be passing in front of us during the show, but it was the best we could do,

What we didn't expect was a young couple who positioned themselves in the aisle directly in front of us. I politely addressed the issue with them and the guy finally knelt so as not to block our view. The woman refused to move. In desperation I asked the nearby bartender to call and have them removed. If he actually did, no one in authority ever appeared and we finally left.

To this day, and it's probably been seven or eight years, I could still kick myself for not calling security myself. I don't know why I didn't. Politeness only works with polite people.

The happy ending to this story was that the show was repeated in the theater a few days later.

We are Elite and ate some of our breakfasts in the Tuscan Grill. Last year there was a man who carried a bag of flags into the Tuscan Grill every morning. He had a round stand that had holes in it so that flags could be inserted into the stand. The man would speak to crew and other passengers and ask them where they were from. He would then take a flag from his bag and insert it into the stand. By the time he finished breakfast, his stand had 5 - 10 flags in the stand. Thought this was interesting.

Hanging out on my aft balcony a pungent smell wafted up. A young man was smoking a joint a couple of balconies below. He saw me see him and he asked me if I would like to come join him. I smiled and politely refused.

I love cruising.

I got invited to a guys cabin that I had just met on the ship, when we got there he walked out onto the balcony and fired up a bowl. Not what I was expecting.

Had another interesting encounter on my own balcony. One morning I got up early on a sea day and was sitting buck naked on my balcony. Got that weird feeling and looked up to catch the 80+ year old gal next door peering around the balcony divider. Hope she wasn't disappointed:rolleyes:

Best one was on the Century during a NZ/Australia cruise. My wife and young daughter (about 9) had one cabin and I had the other with our middle daughter. Of course once on the ship we exchanged key cards. Well, one afternoon me and the wife sneak off for some "afternoon delight". Right in the middle of it the door flies open and the little one starts yelling "ewe, mom and dad are doing the nasty" then runs off leaving the door jammed open with my bare backside up in the air in full view of everyone walking past. Found out those deadbolts are not deadbolts if you have a key card!

Several over the years..

Finally, the most horrifying was the couple that posed their 2 young children (maybe 5-7 age ranges) sitting on top of the ship rail on one of the upper decks, and then backed away to take pictures of them. We had just come up the stairs and were stunned by their stupidity and afraid to say anything to startle the kids. They saw us and quickly gathered up the kids and made an exit. We did report it to security and gave the best description we could, but don't know if they were able to find them and do anything about it.

Holy crap....reminds me of the tourists who visit the mountains and think it's appropriate to put their kid on the back of a bear for a photo....jeez...

We are Elite and ate some of our breakfasts in the Tuscan Grill. Last year there was a man who carried a bag of flags into the Tuscan Grill every morning. He had a round stand that had holes in it so that flags could be inserted into the stand. The man would speak to crew and other passengers and ask them where they were from. He would then take a flag from his bag and insert it into the stand. By the time he finished breakfast, his stand had 5 - 10 flags in the stand. Thought this was interesting.

We were on the Eclipse April 2016 14 night Caribbean Cruise with this gentleman. Thin build, 50'ish, wore his hair really long. He always carried a bag with his flags and gifts. On all of his Cruises he brings gifts on board with him and gives them to the staff throughout the Cruise. Not just the staff that waits on him. My wife and I talked with for awhile. Can't remember his name. Very personable man and the staff all adored him. Sorry for the hijack, back to the fun posts.

Edited by davekathy