10pm flight from Narita after cruise what to do?

craftymarie

we are doing Celebrity Millennium Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise in April. Our flight home does not leave until 10 pm from Narita airport. I am looking for suggestions to fill the time from debarking ship. if there are no alternatives I know we could take celebrity post cruise tour, but this gets us to the airport at approx. 3-4 pm, so we still have hours to kill. any ideas welcome. thanks Marie

There are hundreds of train stations in the Tokyo / Yokohama area. Nearly every one of those stations has rentable storage lockers that will hold nearly any size package or suitcase you might be carrying. For a few dollars, you could leave your bags in these lockers at a convenient station, then explore Tokyo for the day, using subways and trains.

Later, retrieve your bags and jump on to a train to Narita.

We are on the same cruise. We are expecting Celebrity to organise a day room for us. They did this last year in Perth when we had a late flight home. The hotel selected was really central so we had plenty of opportunity to explore and then get a shower before being taken to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on the same cruise. We are expecting Celebrity to organise a day room for us. They did this last year in Perth when we had a late flight home. The hotel selected was really central so we had plenty of opportunity to explore and then get a shower before being taken to the airport.

Gosh that would be fantastic. was there a charge for that day room in Perth? we already have transfers with celebrity as we booked a fly cruise package. we just don't fancy spending 12 hours in the airport lol.

when did you find out about the room, was it before or during your cruise. thanks

No charge - it was complimentary. We knew nothing about it until we got our e docs via Thomas Cook. Free transfer from ship to very nice 4 star hotel with outdoor pool (day room booked) then transfer to airport. It was part of the fly cruise service and worked like clockwork . We had even booked the post cruise tour with airport drop off for which our money was refunded. I've just checked and we are on the same 22.00 flight home as you. Obviously I can't promise the same will happen but we are hopeful that it will be the case.

You could do the ship post cruise tour then either check your luggage or drop your luggage off at the luggage storage at narita. Then catch the train from narita airport to the narita town stop. There are restaurants stores and a very nice temple and garden within easy walking distance.i am thinking of doing this in October .

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for getting anyone's hopes up. Just heard from Celebrity today that Tokyo is one of the few cities where a day room is not offered as part of the package. We have booked the ship's tour with airport drop off. Will decide on the day depending on what we have seen on the tour and/or how we feel on the day whether to put our cases into storage and go back into the city. The airport has day rooms and shower facilities plus a choice of executive lounges - all of course at extra cost.

You may want to consider after doing the ship's tour and dropping your bags in storage to take the train to Narita Station and head to Aeon Mall. It seems that a few people do this. Just be sure to check the train schedule for your return so you get back in time for security check and boarding. I included some info from my review last year:

First in Narita you catchthe Aeon Mall (Pink Bus) near the Keisei Station at 210 yen one way (Aug 2016).The bus does a loop through town to the Mall so you also get to see some sightson your way. From the Keisei Station to the Mall there are no stops, howeverthe later/evening bus will make stops along the way back to the station. In theevening you can also take the Chiba bus to Narita Station for the same amount.

We loved the Aeon Supermarket which has a huge variety of food but we ended upeating at McDonald's - quick and easy. Loved it because instead of fries youcan get hot corn! The Starbucks is by the Daiso store at the opposite end ofthe Aeon store. Daiso is attached to the mall but the entrance is outside bythe bus stop. There is also an arcade. This mall is two levels and has a widevariety of stores. In addition to the food court, there are also a couple ofsit down restaurants which were busy in the evenings.

• 1 month later...

I have a query about longer term bag storage in Yokohama.

We have 13 days between arriving via ship and departing on another ship.

During that time we are touring DIY, however we would like to leave one "ship bag" in Yokohama.

We would ask the hotel where we are staying the night before our departing cruise (not yet booked); but in case they can't store our bag for that many days we are looking for other ideas.

Thanks.

We just took the Celebrity 1/2 day Tokyo tour and Narita drop off we were pleased with our guide. Left at 10:30am. Arrived at Narita by 4 pm. Luggage goes in bus with you. There is wifi, lounges, shopping at the airport.

We did the same and it worked out quite well. Our tour was also very interesting. By the time we had had something to eat and drink it was nearly time to check in. We too took advantage of the excellent free wifi and the time passed relatively quickly.