Pushy sell people in Labadee

jcool

I am thinking about going to Labadee. Is there a way to get to the beach with out going through the pushy sells people? I understand they are trying to make a living. But the pushiness is just to much.

Taking the shuttle bus/tram is one way to avoid it. You still go through the area, but, without stopping.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

We actually walked down the hill thru the vendors and yes they yelled to get your attention, but we just walked forward to the beach, past them, one tried to get our DD's attention by coming near her to put a bracelet on her wrist by the DH quickly interveened and problem solved.

Walk purposefully and stay in the middle of the beaten path and you will be fine.

also

If you want to see some local crafts and nick nacks go to the building on the other end where the tram stops to pick up people from Adrenaline beach.

These vendors in the building are actually tame and nice, and we usually buy something here.

Try to enjoy Labadee and dont let a couple islanders ruin it for you.

Safe travels.

• 3 weeks later...

While you can do what you want, you're really missing a beautiful private area. I've been there several times wth no problems at all. A simple polite no thank you with a smile goes a long way

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The really pushy people are on a path between the Town Square and Columbus Cove. There is also a parallel path to the beach with no vendors on it at all.

The tram also goes to/from Columbus Cove.

Aloha,

John

This. The market area can be totally avoided if needed.