Freedom of the Seas question

I was considering booking a cruise on the Freedom, but was wondering what the shows are and also because it's an older ship, is it still a good ship to go on? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

By cruise standards the Freedom is not that old. There are many much older, much smaller ships still sailing.

We have sailed the Freedom eight times and loved it every time!! Before they started building the Oasis class ships, the Freedom class ships were the biggest in the fleet. We were so sad when they moved it from Canaveral!!

Go and enjoy!!

I was considering booking a cruise on the Freedom, but was wondering what the shows are and also because it's an older ship, is it still a good ship to go on? Thanks!

Freedom has the typical cruise ship production shows, and various headliners. One of the regular headliner shows is the Drew Thomas magic show.

So far - Freedom is our favorite ship. The Oasis class are too big (for us) and the smaller ships tend to do shorter itineraries and lack some basic amenities.. Freedom was just right. And we really enjoyed the shows. It doesn't have Cats or Grease or Mamma Mia, but they're still high quality and quite enjoyable.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a cruise and where you're looking to go. If you need the latest and greatest bells and whistles, I'd go with Harmony, Oasis or Allure. If not - Freedom is a GREAT ship.

So far - Freedom is our favorite ship. The Oasis class are too big (for us) and the smaller ships tend to do shorter itineraries and lack some basic amenities.. Freedom was just right. And we really enjoyed the shows. It doesn't have Cats or Grease or Mamma Mia, but they're still high quality and quite enjoyable.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a cruise and where you're looking to go. If you need the latest and greatest bells and whistles, I'd go with Harmony, Oasis or Allure. If not - Freedom is a GREAT ship.

Thank you! Do you recommend a particular show?

See them all, there's a different show every night. No reservations needed, first come, first served.

And - when in doubt, do what Bob (Clarea) says. He'll never steer you wrong!

But seriously, if you like the shows - try and see all of them. Including the ice show, Love and Marriage, etc. They're all different and well done.

We have done both the Western and Eastern itineraries on Freedom and really enjoy the ship. It's big but well laid out and has never felt overcrowded except for when they had shows on the Promenade.

We didn't do any shows the last time in December as we've seen them all before but they were good. We've especially enjoyed the Ice Show. Branching out to do Navigator this fall but wouldn't hesitate to do Freedom again.

• 3 weeks later...
We have done both the Western and Eastern itineraries on Freedom and really enjoy the ship. It's big but well laid out and has never felt overcrowded except for when they had shows on the Promenade.

We didn't do any shows the last time in December as we've seen them all before but they were good. We've especially enjoyed the Ice Show. Branching out to do Navigator this fall but wouldn't hesitate to do Freedom again.

In your opinion, did you like the western or eastern cruise better? We booked a western, but friends of mine said the eastern is better. Just wanted another opinion. Thanks!