Impressed with HAL's Emergency Contact Service

Spire2000

I had to unfortunately convey an urgent message to my parents on the Rotterdam this morning. I phoned HAL's Seattle office and they were very kind and helpful. The lady transcribed my message and then said it would be sent to the ship immediately.

My parents were notified on the ship (Half Moon Cay) within 30 minutes of my calling the Seattle office.

I'm very impressed with the service and the speed. I just wanted to note that here for everyone.

Although I'm sorry to hear you had the need to make use of these services, it is very reassuring to me how professionally and swiftly HAL handled your message. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I had to unfortunately convey an urgent message to my parents on the Rotterdam this morning. I phoned HAL's Seattle office and they were very kind and helpful. The lady transcribed my message and then said it would be sent to the ship immediately.

My parents were notified on the ship (Half Moon Cay) within 30 minutes of my calling the Seattle office.

I'm very impressed with the service and the speed. I just wanted to note that here for everyone.

Could you share the phone number you called? Thanks.

Could you share the phone number you called? Thanks.

Here's the number I called. It seems to be a general info line for HAL. I just pressed "0" when they started rambling off options. When the lady picked up, she handled my request personally, no transferring of the call necessary.

"Emergency Phone Numbers

Representatives are on hand to assist you in any way they can, including assistance with travel delays and contacting loved ones. During regular business hours, please call: 800-426-0327.

Representatives are available from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time).

Outside of these hours and during holidays, please call 888-361-8803, or 206-301-5293."

We once had a situation where my sister needed to contact us while on a cruise. It was the one time, we hadn't provided the details of the trip to her. She called HAL without any information other than our names. They found us and left a message. We were in Aruba that day and when we came back to the ship, we found one of those invitation type cards in our mail slot from Guest Relations, which asked us to contact the front desk. There we were told that there was a family emergency and to contact my sister. We were able to use the phone at the front desk to make the call (there was no charge).

Needless to say, since then, we provide our full itinerary to at least three family members prior to sailing. Thankfully, it hasn't been used.

Here's the number I called. It seems to be a general info line for HAL. I just pressed "0" when they started rambling off options. When the lady picked up, she handled my request personally, no transferring of the call necessary.

"Emergency Phone Numbers

Representatives are on hand to assist you in any way they can, including assistance with travel delays and contacting loved ones. During regular business hours, please call: 800-426-0327.

Representatives are available from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time).

Outside of these hours and during holidays, please call 888-361-8803, or 206-301-5293."

Thank you o much for posting you're experience with this. It is reassuring to know how this works. I hope all is well with you and your family.

So nice to hear how well HAL handled this. In my experience, they are far better than most companies in provided great customer service. We have experienced this numerous times in dealing with HAL service staff, either on the phone, shore based and onboard.