LauraS

MSC Cruises & Cruise Critic: Meet & Mingle Parties on MSC Divina & MSC Seaside!

No sign of MSC confirming CC Meet & Mingle on other ships yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there!

MSC will let us know when Seaside will be included. Thanks for asking!

Laura

Hi Laura,

We now have over 60 people for the Meet & Mingle for the 1 st Dec 2017 sailing of the MSC Seaside and want to hold it on the first sea day but as we have so many what would you suggest we do as we need to let everyone now of the venue before they leave for the cruise? Do you have a contact e mail we can use? We do need to sort something out with the ship before we sail.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our roll call is the January 6, 2018 Seaside sailing and we are wanting to get ours scheduled as well. I am thinking of just reaching out to them directly. Anybody have any luck with that?

We also have a group of over 30 people (plus spouses/families) very interested in a meet and mingle for the 12-23-17 Seaside sailing. I went to one on the Divina in August and it was terrific! We'd love to have one on Seaside.

We also have a group of over 30 people (plus spouses/families) very interested in a meet and mingle for the 12-23-17 Seaside sailing. I went to one on the Divina in August and it was terrific! We'd love to have one on Seaside.

Ditto! I just sent a note to your Meet and Mingle email address and to customer service at MSC concerning setting up a meet for us.

Hi Laura,

Has there been any response from MSC about Meet and Mingles on Seaside? They really are so wonderfully organized! We've all been anticipating this new ship and getting so excited for our sailing, it would be disappointing not to have a M & M with those we've been chatting with. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Laura,

Has there been any response from MSC about Meet and Mingles on Seaside? They really are so wonderfully organized! We've all been anticipating this new ship and getting so excited for our sailing, it would be disappointing not to have a M & M with those we've been chatting with. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yep! Help would be great!

Edited by Fighterone

New Ship, New Friends, New passengers, come on MSC a M & G would be great seeing as Seaside is sailing out of Miami just like Divina.

Our roll call is the January 6, 2018 Seaside sailing and we are wanting to get ours scheduled as well. I am thinking of just reaching out to them directly. Anybody have any luck with that?

Will let you know if I get anywhere with it. Good luck!

Hi Laura, Has there been any response from MSC about Meet and Mingles on Seaside? They really are so wonderfully organized! We've all been anticipating this new ship and getting so excited for our sailing, it would be disappointing not to have a M & M with those we've been chatting with. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
I've decided to take a different approach. Someone posted that Andre will be the Cruise Director on Seaside. I found him on twitter (@aschlemmercd, which also confirms he's CD on Seaside, and he was on Divina, so he knows about the M&M's) and asked him (and Captain Scala, @captainscala) if they could help get M&M's set up on Seaside. He responded "I’ll check with our corporate office". Hopefully we can get things moving! Edited by MisterBill99

Great - thank you! I also reached out to Andre and a friend on the Divina this week is going to speak to him about it as well.

You never know!

I've decided to take a different approach. Someone posted that Andre will be the Cruise Director on Seaside. I found him on twitter (@aschlemmercd, which also confirms he's CD on Seaside, and he was on Divina, so he knows about the M&M's) and asked him (and Captain Scala, @captainscala) if they could help get M&M's set up on Seaside. He responded "I’ll check with our corporate office". Hopefully we can get things moving!

Great - thank you! I also reached out to Andre and a friend on the Divina this week is going to speak to him about it as well.

You never know!

Is he still on Divina? Either way, it's not like he doesn't know about them on Divina, so hopefully he can get the appropriate person in Corporate to respond to whoever from CC has been contacting them and get things set up. I think that with Seaside, more than Divina or any other ship, they want to engage with CC members.

Agreed! Yes, he's there another week or two I think, then to Europe to get trained and ready, I believe.

I think with our cruise as the first out of Miami and being over Christmas, an official M & M may not happen, but I'm hopeful and I'll keep trying!!

Is he still on Divina? Either way, it's not like he doesn't know about them on Divina, so hopefully he can get the appropriate person in Corporate to respond to whoever from CC has been contacting them and get things set up. I think that with Seaside, more than Divina or any other ship, they want to engage with CC members.

Agreed! Yes, he's there another week or two I think, then to Europe to get trained and ready, I believe.

Just FYI, he tweeted on 10/1 that he was on vacation until November, when he was joining Seaside.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Thank you! He must be leaving when they arrive in Miami. He will be missed on the Divina but I'm glad we will have him!

Just FYI, he tweeted on 10/1 that he was on vacation until November, when he was joining Seaside.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I also wrote to cc for help on this issue and I just received this reply.

Thanks for writing. At this time MSC is not planning formal Meet and Greets on Seaside.

I think that they may in the future, but we don’t have any info at this time

Once we have the program in place we will announce it

Thank you

Bob

Thank you! He must be leaving when they arrive in Miami. He will be missed on the Divina but I'm glad we will have him!

That's not what his tweet implied but be sure to let us know if your friend gives him the message!

I also wrote to cc for help on this issue and I just received this reply.

Thanks for writing. At this time MSC is not planning formal Meet and Greets on Seaside.

I think that they may in the future, but we don’t have any info at this time

Once we have the program in place we will announce it

Thank you

Bob

Latest from Andre after someone posted your info about not having the M&M on Seaside:

"We have not decided this...all is TBC!"

and the MSC id liked his reply. So.. stay tuned and hope for the best.

Yay! Thanks for following up! No word from my friend. I also sent an email to MSC and sent a message on FB.

Where did Andre post this? I don't have twitter but can follow him elsewhere if it's public...

Latest from Andre after someone posted your info about not having the M&M on Seaside:

"We have not decided this...all is TBC!"

and the MSC id liked his reply. So.. stay tuned and hope for the best.

I just chatted online with an agent form MSC and she said all we need to do is call them directly to reserve a space. You'll need the number of guests, start time, and for how long. It may not be as nice as a CC formal M&M with cake and snacks, captain and crew, but I'd be willing to bet they may do something!

Yay! Thanks for following up! No word from my friend. I also sent an email to MSC and sent a message on FB.

Where did Andre post this? I don't have twitter but can follow him elsewhere if it's public...

I have two thoughts on the possibility of Meet 'n Mingle ... each is pure speculation ...

1) It would make sense to pause this program in a new ship, until such time as MSC can establish the flow of the ship, alternatively,

2) MSC pays $ to implement the program, and may potentially be reconsidering the program and its benefits.

Regardless, I like the idea of asking for space for a private Meet 'n Mingle. Keep the faith! :)

I have never been to a Meet n Mingle. It should be fun to meet other cruisers. Will we get an invitation delivered to our cabin about when and where on board?

Yes, you will receive an invitation the night before. On our August Divina cruise, it was on the first sea day at 10:30 am. They are very nicely done with the senior crew and Captain in attendance along with tasty snacks, drinks, and a cake.

I have never been to a Meet n Mingle. It should be fun to meet other cruisers. Will we get an invitation delivered to our cabin about when and where on board?

MSC have now listed Meet & Mingle parties for the Seaside on the cruise critic web site, starting from the first cruise from Trieste 1st Dec. Make sure you add your names to the list.

FROM CC /MSC

If you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email seven days prior to your sail date, and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your MSC Cruise. You will receive notice of the time, date and place of your Meet & Mingle by invitation in your stateroom once you are on board.

YAY!!!! I'm signing up right now!!

MSC have now listed Meet & Mingle parties for the Seaside on the cruise critic web site, starting from the first cruise from Trieste 1st Dec. Make sure you add your names to the list.

FROM CC /MSC

If you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email seven days prior to your sail date, and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle on your MSC Cruise. You will receive notice of the time, date and place of your Meet & Mingle by invitation in your stateroom once you are on board.

Yes, this was posted on my roll call. I wonder what caused them to finally schedule these? :p. Whether I get credit or not, this is a most welcome development!

We're very happy to announce that Official Meet & Mingle parties will be held on board MSC Seaside!

Registration begins today for sailings on MSC Seaside beginning December 1, 2017, and will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic.

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

MSC Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue provided) as well a either a hosted one-hour cocktail party and/or coffee service, or hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from MSC Cruises!

Laura

Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of six (6) persons registered to attend.

Yes, I think they heard us all and gave us what we wanted! I know I contacted MSC, CC, Andre, and others several times. So did so many others. Thanks to everyone who reached out! This is great news.

Yes, this was posted on my roll call. I wonder what caused them to finally schedule these? :p. Whether I get credit or not, this is a most welcome development

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information

I just got the email confirmation for my Seaside M&M. I like that they only require 6 people to hold one ...

That's the way it has been with MSC ... at least as long as it has been coordinated through CC.

Dear Cruise Critic Community,

Our 5-year old daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last week. We are trying to help her South African grandparents reschedule a cruise on MSC leaving from South Africa so that they can come and see her. The South African customer service agents said that they don't have the authority to change cruises and don't have the name of someone who can. I'm sure MSC would be happy to help, if we could just figure out who the right person is to talk to. Can anybody help us reach the right person at MSC to change a cruise in South Africa, please? It's the most awful time of our lives.

Thank you.

There is a meet&greet planned. I got email notification yesterday. Did you find it?

When I went to the registration link, the dates start with 12/23/17 and go all the way up to sailing dates in 2019. 12/16/17 isn't listed.

Here is the link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/entry_cl.cfm?ship=636

Edited by Missystu
Added link

When I went to the registration link, the dates start with 12/23/17 and go all the way up to sailing dates in 2019. 12/16/17 isn't listed.

It must be closed for our sailing since only one week away. I agree with another poster to check at guest services and ask to speak to the event planner to add your name. Invites may be already printed by then as we receive them the first day onboard. It will be held the first sea day, Sunday, and the invitation states time and location.

It must be closed for our sailing since only one week away. I agree with another poster to check at guest services and ask to speak to the event planner to add your name. Invites may be already printed by then as we receive them the first day onboard. It will be held the first sea day, Sunday, and the invitation states time and location.

Ok thanks for the suggestion.