SailorJill and I Sail on the Orient Express a.k.a. Millenium's Immersion Cruise

SailorJack

I haven't read it yet but I wanted to be the first to say ...YAY another Sailor Jack review!

Hope you like it!:D

I was so eager to read this, having read Sailor Jack and Jill reviews before, that I am now late! But it is worth the aggravation that will surely commence because this review, as always, does not disappoint and has started my day off with lots of laughs.

I look forward to reading it again! Thanks for the day-brightener! :p

Glad you got a laugh out of it.

Another fantastic cruise review - thank you!! I keep a look out for your reviews and really look forward to them! I'm really looking forward to both Cafe el Bacio and the Martini bar after reading your descriptions

We're actually on the Millennium at the end of March and I was wondering what the embarkation was like at Shanghai?

Thanks

I haven't read it yet but I wanted to be the first to say ...YAY another Sailor Jack review!
  1. LOL... hope you enjoy it.

I was so eager to read this, having read Sailor Jack and Jill reviews before, that I am now late! But it is worth the aggravation that will surely commence because this review, as always, does not disappoint and has started my day off with lots of laughs.

I look forward to reading it again! Thanks for the day-brightener! :p

Glad to get your day started!:D

I just finished reading your amazing report while having my morning coffee. I was laughing so hard at your description of your pedicure and the buying of Tiger Balm, I was crying.

Amazing Immerison journey to Asia, thanks for sharing the highlights.

I can laugh about the pedicure now, but it was a unique experience at the time.:)

Always love to read your reviews!

Thanks...glad you enjoy them.

What??? Left over Pijiu??? That would never happen on a cruise ship, not even on a 7 day HAL sailing. :p

Did you spot Dana Delany?

Another great review Sailor Jack. I'm quite surprised Sailor Jill hasn't used the machete on you yet, it must be your good Canadian disposition and looks that have spared you all these years.

Thanks for the great reading. Right up there with Stewart McLean.

Andrew

Sailor Jack, I thought I better requote myself. I'm not sure if it went through or if you saw it etc... I think you have had more success with your chopsticks than I have had posting on CC the last few days.

Great as always! Loving it!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Love the commentary. I do wonder how you get into your situations. I too love to tell stories and yours and Sailor Jill's are great. :)

SailorJill has also wondered the same thing!:eek: I guess if you travel enough things just happen. I suspect similar experiences have happened to others but they just don't write about it maybe?

Jack

SailorJill has also wondered the same thing!:eek: I guess if you travel enough things just happen. I suspect similar experiences have happened to others but they just don't write about it maybe?

Jack

Maybe some of us have had similar experiences, but I doubt we can describe them in the hilarious way you do. You really have a talent for this.

All I can say is THANK YOU.

You're welcome!:)

Wonderful review, had me coughing in tears of laughter. Can't wait to see those pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. I am going to try and start uploading photos over the weekend. There is just a lot of editing to do as I took way to many.:eek:

Love your review! Sounds like a trip of a lifetime. One detail that caught my attention. With regards to the food on board ship, it sounds as if they provide local style dining. Can you also have dinners featured in their standard menus? Chicken breast, steak, salads???

Thanks,

Actually, most of the "immersion" meals were served in the Oceanview Café. There was one section there that served Asian food and another section that served stir fry. Still another section served a revolving menu of other foods each night - German, Spanish, French, etc. Still another section served what we in the US would consider more traditional foods.

While we only ate in the MDR about half the time, the meals served there were mainly standard menus - about the same as you would see on a cruise in the Caribbean or Mediterranean.

Jack

FABULOUS!!!! Thank you SO much!

Glad you enjoyed it ...thanks for your kind words.

Jack