Favorite ships for sailing with young children, other than the Freedom?

pgerbphoto

We are looking at cruises in Jan or Feb 2018. We will be sailing with a 5, 3, and 1 year old. We've been on the Freedom before, but it only has two itineraries in Jan and Feb. The Freedom was also a little crowded for us. What are your favorite ships for traveling with young children?

For that age group, I don't think there is much of a difference. The programs are essentially the same on every ship.

However, you might find that you like Oasis class - as they have the carousel and space for the kids to run around, plus a large camp section. When your youngest is 2 years old, I'd highly recommend Carnival, as they have a 2 - 5 age group camp which includes diaper changes, etc. Royal's camps start at 3 (below 3 it's a nursery with hourly charges).

You might want to look at Adventure - I think they added Royal Babies and Tots at the dry dock as well as a bunch of kid stuff. The itineraries from San Juan might not be as crowded as those from Florida and the islands are some of the best!

The ship is smaller than freedom so depending on what aspects of crowding you had issues with - this might not be a good suggestion but I doubt that the kid population is quite as high as the Florida departures in those months!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums