First Gay Cruise, Atlantis or RSVP?

RollTideGuy

Thank you, Boytjie!

I'll be glad when the bookings open to the general public so we can get our reservations.

Hope to see you on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be prepared to move fast once booking is open to the general public. The ship is normally 50% sold after they open bookings to those of us that were onboard.

Wow I just find they are crazy expensive, The RSVP summer alaskan cruise...900 dollars PP for the cheapest interior room and they are already sold out? lol no thanks. I'd probably have just as much fun on a "straight" cruise that costs half the amount and dont have to worry about STDs. lol

Wow I just find they are crazy expensive, The RSVP summer alaskan cruise...900 dollars PP for the cheapest interior room and they are already sold out? lol no thanks. I'd probably have just as much fun on a "straight" cruise that costs half the amount and dont have to worry about STDs. lol

I checked the Eurodam cruises before and after the RSVP cruise and priced a VD balcony cabin which is $1,829 p/p on RSVP:

Jul 29:

HAL - $2,299

Online TA - $1,999

Aug 12:

HAL - $2,029

Online TA - 1,899.

As for STDs: I have been on 12 RSVP cruises and never got an STD.

Enjoy your noro on your regular cruise! Ha, ha!

I checked the Eurodam cruises before and after the RSVP cruise and priced a VD balcony cabin which is $1,829 p/p on RSVP:

Jul 29:

HAL - $2,299

Online TA - $1,999

Aug 12:

HAL - $2,029

Online TA - 1,899.

Lol nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Jul 29:

HAL - $2,299

Online TA - $1,999

Aug 12:

HAL - $2,029

Online TA - 1,899.

Well done Peter. After 20 cruises neither of us has caught anything, either One of the guys at the hotel after the cruise asked me how much sex their was. I replied,, "it's there if you're looking for it."

The prices don't seem that bad to me considering there is entertainment that is brought in. Also, having the entire cruise ship chartered is worth a little more to us as well.

As for the STDs, LOL.

That's the least of our worries!

• 2 weeks later...

We have done 3 Atlantis cruises and 1 RSVP..

Had an amazing time on all 4....lots of bears on both....tons of diversity on both....

A very tiny percentage of the people on board look like their ads... LOL

The vast majority are normal people who are just out to enjoy their vacations.....

• 3 weeks later...

Just reading this thread now for the first time. Let me start by saying I am a former Travel Agency Owner. Did my first of 53+ cruises in 1971 on HAL'[s Rotterdam V. Been on 13 or 14 RSVP cruises, a couple Atlantis and several Pied Piper Gay Group Sailings. Never been on a bad cruise yet, straight, All Gay or Gay Group, just love them all. RSVP, by far, is hands down the most fun and GREATEST value for your money. Atlantis in spite of what others have said here is more young, single and party all day and night. Atlantis is great if that is what you are seeking.

No one should be afraid to try an ALL Gay Cruise. Just know what type of entertainment you are looking for and remember you can't please all the people, all the time. I look forward to see all my RSVP friends old and new February 1918.

• 2 weeks later...

Atlantis Events cruises are fun. There are a lot of singles but I don't believe the claim of 50%. However, it may be because it's hard to tell visually as many gays travel in groups or go everywhere with roommate/s. It seems like everyone is with someone. ...then you have the singles dinner which only 20-25% of the ship guests show up for.

Cruises that leave from the West Coast have a different demographic than a cruise leaving from the East Coast.

More (daily) stops and a bigger sized cruiseliner = you may not see the guy you just met for the rest of the cruise.

Medium sized cruiseliner and less (3 perhaps) stops = less excursions and more time to "play." <Atlantis, the way we play>.

I don't mind paying the higher cost for the gay cruise. It is nice to, for one week, be around your peers. The entertainers are so much fun - after you've gone on a few Atlantis cruises you'll get the feeling. They have a lot of base-line Atlantis signature entertainers that you see on every cruise. It becomes like gay summer camp. There is something for everyone. You'll see gym bodies and ripped abs like on the advertising. And you'll see the exact opposite and guys who fall in the middle. Everyone is usually nice. I've signed up for 3 Atlantis Cruises so far and only witnessed one gay being a total asxhole to a food bar worker.

Can't speak about RSVP but imagine, as many have mentioned, that it is a more calm experience contrasted against Atlantis' circuit party. Have fun!!

I am 38, and my husband is 56 and a bear. I have done 12 Atlantis cruises, and my husband has done 13. We go to most of the parties, do costumes etc., but we don't do the after hours parties, don't stay up till the sunrise, etc. We have found that the cruises are totally what you make of them. All sorts are on board, you just have to find your niche. T On this past January's cruise, we met a lot of the bear crowd (we had connected with a number through Facebook before the cruise). One of the bears hosted a sail away party at one of the Wilton Manors bars the night before we left. The bears also tended to hang out at one particular pool. They may not be the most visible, and aren't what you see in the ads, but they are definitely there. And some of the people we met will be our friends for life.

We have never tried RSVP (our first time will be the Alaska cruise this summer), so I can't compare the two. But Atlantis isn't only the party scene that some think. Even the January cruise, which is one of their most party oriented ones, had a large number of people like us, who wanted to dance some, but also enjoy the shows, and just relax and be with friends.

When will the February 2018 cruise open up for general bookings?

In general bookings open up first to those on board the February 2017 cruise. After that cruise ends Atlantis sends out an email to past Alumni and allows bookings based on the # of cruises you've done with Atlantis; followed by general public somewhere around 7-9 months out. They don't like to announce cruises too far in advance to the general public as to not dilute current sailings in 2016. So I would guess somewhere around June to July. You can always call Atlantis' reservations and ask when the cruise goes on sale to the general public. Suites and the cheapest inside cabins are always the first to go and many of suites are probably already sold out from those on the Feb 2017 cruise. If you want to specific cabin or room type you are best advised to book sooner than later. It all depends upon the popularity of the cruise.

In general bookings open up first to those on board the February 2017 cruise. After that cruise ends Atlantis sends out an email to past Alumni and allows bookings based on the # of cruises you've done with Atlantis; followed by general public somewhere around 7-9 months out. They don't like to announce cruises too far in advance to the general public as to not dilute current sailings in 2016. So I would guess somewhere around June to July. You can always call Atlantis' reservations and ask when the cruise goes on sale to the general public. Suites and the cheapest inside cabins are always the first to go and many of suites are probably already sold out from those on the Feb 2017 cruise. If you want to specific cabin or room type you are best advised to book sooner than later. It all depends upon the popularity of the cruise.

RJ2002 was asking when the 2018 RSVP cruise will go on sale to the general public. Timelines for RSVP and Atlantis are likely different and there aren't that many competing cruises on RSVP - just the summer's Alaska cruise and a Danube River cruise.

When will the February 2018 cruise open up for general bookings?[/quote

Give your travel agent a call. I've heard reports of some people getting booked by their travel agent.

RSVP had been promising alumni April.

Most likely, May for sure.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm a little late to this conversation but I've been on 2 Atlantis and 1 RSVP cruise. I'm 48, 5'6", 215 and a hairy bear. There are bears on both cruises and RSVP has a slightly older crowd. I know you said you weren't a party guy but overall I found the entertainment is always SIGNIFICANTLY better on Atlantis. Entertainers are more current and overall better. On RSVP I found it was entertainers that were even old for me - Broadway singers, Charo from the Love boat? (seriously I'm not even old enough for this and my Mom would struggle to remember her), even the drag on RSVP was so bad people were leaving the theater. Overall I would say Atlantis hands down. Miss Richfield 1981, Bob the Drag Queen were the hosts of many events on Atlantis and they are excellent.

Even on RSVP I felt a little creeped out. The old guys on there were very persistent and aggressively flirtatious. I was in a hot tub and this guy kept trying to put his foot in my crotch and the same for my partner - that wasn't unusual for RSVP but it is for Atlantis. Overall you can have fun anywhere and I did enjoy both but I wouldn't rush back to RSVP and I know I'll do Atlantis again.