First time cruiser--Norwegian Getaway review 2/5/17 thru 2/12/17

alyssazoll

We are definitely hooked. Not sure if that's good or bad 😂 So excited to see the world but my credit card will be exhausted 😉

That is very good. Just treat it initially as a reward to one's self after a year's hard work, till it become a fixed household expense.;)

Sorry for the break in posting. I am two semesters away from my bachelor's degree, so school is consuming my life. Already planning a celebratory southern carribbean cruise on the Dawn in January 😉

I am glad that everyone enjoyed my review! Here are some random, last minute tips and thoughts:

*bring clips to keep beach towels on chairs when windy

*if you are looking for loungers mid day, forget about the main pool deck. Try Spice H20 or the forward decks

*Women: hair dryers in the room work fine, no need to bring your own. They are nearly full size, not tiny like hotel ones.

*Shower: has a shampoo and body wash dispenser, so if you are traveling with kids/men who don't need a specific brand-this is just one less thing to pack.

*don't forget about the daily service fees. Ours were 13.50 per person per day. I guess I missed this factor while booking, and was panicking when I saw my account balance was nearly $200. I next I will look to pay this up front.

*We were lucky enough to dock at every port, never had to tender, so easy on and off. There are water and damp towels being passed out when you get back to the ship if you are docked.

I'm sure there's a million other things I could say about this cruise. As my first one, I do not think I had any complaints. I very much enjoyed myself! I was worried about going on a megaship for my first cruise, but the size and amount of people was not an issue for us. I would absolutely sail the Getaway again, and looking forward to my cruising future! Please feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app