Baby Pool

SlimChance

We are sailing on Epic in May with our 8 month old daughter. As this is our first child, it's not something we've had to think about when cruising before, I am wondering about the baby pool or splash area? Is she allowed in wearing her swim diapers?

I've looked for some reviews and am finding conflicting answers and some people even bringing their own blow up toddler pool. But these reviews are a few years old and maybe things have changed.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on Epic in May with our 8 month old daughter. As this is our first child, it's not something we've had to think about when cruising before, I am wondering about the baby pool or splash area? Is she allowed in wearing her swim diapers?

I've looked for some reviews and am finding conflicting answers and some people even bringing their own blow up toddler pool. But these reviews are a few years old and maybe things have changed.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If this was a cruise out of the US, then the answer would be no. USPH limits the use of swim diapers to "baby only recreational water facilities", and these are currently only on the Disney ships, and RCI's Freedom, Oasis, and Quantum class ships.

For ships in Europe (I believe your cruise is a Med cruise), the ship falls under the EU's ShipSan program, and they make no mention of swim diapers or limitations on their use in pools and splash areas. Therefore, it falls on the cruise line to make that determination, and I'm not sure what NCL's current policy is. I would suggest contacting them directly.