Must Buy?

CRZAHOLIC

I think I read everything and I didn't see anything about "Must Buy". We like trying and buying something new. We had flying fish sandwiches in Barbados and they were great. We also like to buy things that are local. We bought MaDouDou flavored rum in St. Maarten and a hook bracelet in St. Croix. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I think I read everything and I didn't see anything about "Must Buy". We like trying and buying something new. We had flying fish sandwiches in Barbados and they were great. We also like to buy things that are local. We bought MaDouDou flavored rum in St. Maarten and a hook bracelet in St. Croix. Does anyone have any recommendations?

A personalised engraved bottle of Nicholas Abbey 18 Year Old Rum, direct from the Abbey, while taking the distillery tour. :)

Can this rum be bought elsewhere on the island, or only at the Abbey? I looked at their website and from what I can tell it is a destination of itself. We are asking a Catamaran that day so I doubt there will be time if that is the case. Thanks much!

Can this rum be bought elsewhere on the island, or only at the Abbey? I looked at their website and from what I can tell it is a destination of itself. We are asking a Catamaran that day so I doubt there will be time if that is the case. Thanks much!

Never seen it in the Duty Free at Port, as they concentrate mostly on the lower price point, being popular with most cruisers. Did note on our last visit to the Port Duty Free, the Mount Gay Cask (top) was much more expensive than other islands. Obviously looking to maximise profits.

But, had an idea Contact the Abbey to see if you could purchase over the internet or telephone, then collect from the Barbados Tourist Centre inside the port duty free.

Here is the list of where you can buy it from their website. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get some for my husband.

They will deliver it for a fee or you can buy it on line.

http://www.stnicholasabbey.com/Rum/Where-to-Purchase/

The following websites offer St. Nicholas Abbey Rumsavailable for purchase online:

TheDrinkShop

TheWhisky Exchange

Masterof Malt

Here is the list of where you can buy it from their website. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to get some for my husband.

They will deliver it for a fee or you can buy it on line.

http://www.stnicholasabbey.com/Rum/Where-to-Purchase/

The following websites offer St. Nicholas Abbey Rumsavailable for purchase online:

TheDrinkShop

TheWhisky Exchange

Masterof Malt

When online, there is no personalised engraving. Best to buy direct from Abbey. Next visit they fill for half price

• 1 month later...

I never heard back from them. Since we are on a cat all day as well, the option to visit is not available. As I get closer I may reach out to them again.

It would be great to know if this rum is available in port shopping areas.....

For people like us who are flying with carry ons only, what would you suggest we buy besides Rum?

Nothing really - But consider after check-in to purchase some top end Mount Gay, Dos Maderas and Foursquare Rums from the Duty Free Stores, those being not available in your own Country.

Port Royal

Thank you I'd not thought of Duty Free. We can get Mount Gay here, I'm not sure about the other two though. It's a plan.

If Mount Gay go for the XO (1703) "Cask Strength".

Never seen it for sale in the USA. Never visited Canada.