WOW! Back from February 18 sailing

Cruzinbabe06

Many don't have 'deep pockets' or should I say as deep as some on here ......... for many of us the decision is easy to make ....

We all get to eat the same food, we all get to enjoy the ship public areas equally ..... we all have the same 'balcony' (the ship) ...

Not saying for those that have the bucks not to do it but for most of us going as often as our bank account allows is a biggie ...

Many people have not had the pleasure of a small ship so they don't really know how they will function without the door to open and the fresh ocean breeze.

We have travelled on all sizes from the 88 passenger Tere Moana or 90 passenger Xpedition to the mega ship Allure of the seas. We have also travelled in all categories from the insides on the old RCCL ships in the 90s to the second largest suite on Celebrity or Azamara. I think for both David and ourselves it becomes the value proposition that's important. In our value set the value we achieve from the 4 th vs the 8 th deck. In my case budgeting my 4 th deck cabin has allowed me to stay in the Savoy or the Burj al Arab. Another person would prefer to have a balcony or not sail on the PG. All of us have different values and different priorities regardless of pocketbook size.

But I would rather be on the 4 th deck of the PG than on almost ANY other ship and I say this after 55 plus cruises!

Many don't have 'deep pockets' or should I say as deep as some on here ......... for many of us the decision is easy to make ....

We all get to eat the same food, we all get to enjoy the ship public areas equally ..... we all have the same 'balcony' (the ship) ...

Not saying for those that have the bucks not to do it but for most of us going as often as our bank account allows is a biggie ...

If we didn't have the equality I wouldn't sail on the PG. I have never sailed on Cunard for that reason. And dont like the idea of the Haven on the Norwegian. I am old fashioned like that.

But I would rather be on the 4 th deck of the PG than on almost ANY other ship and I say this after 55 plus cruises!

I'm such a PG super-fan that if they had interior cabins, which they do not, I would settle for one.

And, to emphasise something that is not obvious to people from some mass-market lines: there are no class distinctions on the PG. Everybody is equally valued, by staff and other passengers, whether they are in the deck 8 penthouse or a deck 3 porthole cabin.

I'm such a PG super-fan that if they had interior cabins, which they do not, I would settle for one.

And, to emphasise something that is not obvious to people from some mass-market lines: there are no class distinctions on the PG. Everybody is equally valued, by staff and other passengers, whether they are in the deck 8 penthouse or a deck 3 porthole cabin.

If we could bottle that PG feeling we would make a fortune!

I always look at the window and porthole rooms on decks 3 & 4 as extra storage areas as there is a large shelf below the window/portholes.

I've stayed on decks 3, 6 & 7 .......

The balcony is nice, my BH loves it for morning coffee and to dry wet swim wear. I will say the balcony is also nice when you want to let the ocean breeze in. Whenever we are entering or leaving a island lagoon I'm on the rail with a camera so the balcony is more a love for my BH than me.

Also agree that the crew treats you the same no matter which room you occupy. I've heard a few on deck 8 have had issues with that sometimes ..... guess they now go Cunard.

The PG is casual wear during the day and causal country club at night ......... perfect for me :)

Oh God yes, even without the balcony, I was happy! :D

I usually book a balcony, and if I was with my husband, that's what we would have.

3 coworkers were in Cabin 434 (all male adults) I went in there and it was tight. 2 beds are very close. Maybe 2 to 3 inches apart, that's why me and my cabin mate rearranged the room.

However, i loved deck 4 for various reasons.

*it was near the reservation and shore excursion desk.

^You tender from deck 3. Just walking up one flight of steps and not having to wait for an elevator was very convenient.

^The Grand Salon is on deck 5, that's where all the shows are held.

I'm not going to lie, if it's 3 adults. It will be tight. If it's 3 women, definitely tight. Organization will be the key.

this room sq footage is more than we are used to on NCL or Carnival and we had 4 adults in those small rooms. There will be my hubby and adult son. I like the idea of rearranging the beds as I'd like to move my snoring hubby as far away as possible!:')...I think we have a bunk too. Do you hang your things up or live out of suitcases?

this room sq footage is more than we are used to on NCL or Carnival and we had 4 adults in those small rooms. There will be my hubby and adult son. I like the idea of rearranging the beds as I'd like to move my snoring hubby as far away as possible!:')...I think we have a bunk too. Do you hang your things up or live out of suitcases?

Although the size is 200 sq feet I find the space quite tight and it is because of the bathroom with tub and heavier furniture. The third person has a very small and uncomfortable bed that comes out of the sofa. However my adult DD says it is worth suffering to enjoy the PG!

You may not have the room to move the beds if you are in a triple cabin.

My adult daughter found the hide away bed more comfortable than the roll away and she is 5 feet 8 inches. She too found the cabin, the sleeping arrangements "manageable" since she loved being on the PG. She came along on 3 PG cruises with us before she got married. After the first cruise, we barely got our invitations out to her and she was really to go! The diving was great for her and the crew took great care of her!

Although the size is 200 sq feet I find the space quite tight and it is because of the bathroom with tub and heavier furniture. The third person has a very small and uncomfortable bed that comes out of the sofa. However my adult DD says it is worth suffering to enjoy the PG!

You may not have the room to move the beds if you are in a triple cabin.

This doesn't sound good! I thought there was a bunk bed?

My adult daughter found the hide away bed more comfortable than the roll away and she is 5 feet 8 inches. She too found the cabin, the sleeping arrangements "manageable" since she loved being on the PG. She came along on 3 PG cruises with us before she got married. After the first cruise, we barely got our invitations out to her and she was really to go! The diving was great for her and the crew took great care of her!

What room were you in? we are in 418..I'm going to check the bed situation tomorrow

This doesn't sound good! I thought there was a bunk bed?

As far as I know no bunk beds on the PG.

At one time they had no triples in regular rooms. Had to buy my DD a single cabin the first time she came with us.

Wonderful write up.

Just an observation .........

The length of dinner may have been prolonged by the size of your group. Takes longer to take orders, to deliver orders, to clear plates, to fix issues and the take/plate deserts. Assigning a permanent assistant would help but even then that is a large group. When I go into any restaurant with a large group it's likey to take longer.

Love the way your writing your review, solid information without getting bogged down with to mach detail. A fun read ......

You are right.

We disembarked Friday night and all agreed to not eat as a group. When we went to the dining room, we asked for smaller tables. After mentioning we were disembarking that night, service was quick.

We just felt so bad for Angelo. One person should not have to handle large tables by himself. At times I felt guilty asking for things, because he was so busy.

It didn't ruin our dining experience. The 7 pds I gained proved that.:eek:

We unpacked everything and put the suitcases under the bed. There was drawer space that we didn't even use and everything that needed hanging was accommodated.

I also purchased the laundry package ($129, unlimited washing and ironing) and sent clothes out every morning. It was worth it to me, since I was in the ocean practically everyday, and hate wet clothes hanging in the bathroom. I also didn't have to pack as much.

We rearranged our beds after our room steward said it couldn't be done. When we showed her our rearranged room she couldn't believe it. It actually felt bigger.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

Tahaa, I think the first tender was 10a, All aboard 430p

Loved Tahaa!;p

It's a wonderful day to relax on the beach or if you're active, there was a lot of activities going on.

We took the first tender over and keep in mind its a wet landing. We were greeted with a song and dance. You're welcomed with a drink from the floating bar.:D

We found a great spot for the day, and even though it was overcast, we had the best day! The water was warm and I spent most of my time relaxing in it. :cool:

Some Avtivities on Motu Mahana:

1030a -Volleyball

1115a-Coconut demonstration & tasting

1130a-Poisson Cru demonstration

2p-Pareo tying

230p-Make your own headband

3p- Badminton

They had kayaks and of course, snorkeling, they may have had paddle boarding, I can't remember.

2 of my coworkers went snorkeling over to another Motu that wasn't far. And, 2 other coworkers went snorkeling and needed rescue, they were drifting, and was trying to swim, but the current was taking them. :o

They started getting tired and waved their arms for help. Apparently, they were being watched, because someone came in a boat and they had to hold on to a rope being pulled to safety.

My coworker said she was so scared. She found that guy and gave him some money. She was that grateful.

The barbecue lunch was very good and consisted of chicken, fish, spare ribs, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, baked potato with butter, rice, Poison Cru, fruits, desserts.

It drizzled during the day, but we still had fun.

Some of us left around 3p. So, after showering and changing my clothes, I went up to deck 8, got a drink and found a quiet spot to read.

Dinner was great!

Everyone did their own thing that evening.

EVENING

7p to 745p - Piano Bar, Cocktails with melodies of Alex

930P - Showtime, "La Orana Tahiti"

1015p - La Palette, Sounds of Santa Rosa

11p - La Palette, Get together Disco night

DRINK OF THE DAY Island Affair

Midori, Triple Sec, Blue Curacao and Orange Juice

Our group had so much fun, laughing, drinking and eating. That's when someone mentioned we have to come back.

We all agreed!

So how did you arrange the beds?

We moved 1 bed by the window, the other stayed near the closet. This created space in the middle.

The table went in the middle, in front of the little nightstand and phone.

We put the loveseat in front of the table and we put the ottoman in the corner, near the window.

Did you go to any of the lectures or entertainment? Gaugines? I love your review, I can't wait for our upcoming cruise in June.:)

Yes and Yes!

I'm going to pull out the papers and post everything for you.

I went back to work Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have it posted by Saturday evening.

You are going to love it. I asked our guide in Tahiti when is the best time of year to visit, he said June.:cool:

Yes and Yes!

I'm going to pull out the papers and post everything for you.

I went back to work Wednesday, so hopefully I'll have it posted by Saturday evening.

You are going to love it. I asked our guide in Tahiti when is the best time of year to visit, he said June.:cool:

Best time to visit? Hummm... that is very subjective. June is very nice but also one of the more expensive times to go plus it's very close to their big celebration time of year, actually I believe some of the pre-events are in late June. Kids are also out for the summer so there will be more kids, not that it's a bad thing just know what to expect.

My guess most seasoned FP travelers would give September high marks. Great same weather and the prices in late September can be shoulder pricing. As kids go back to school the specials come out to fill space.

IMO

Best: September, early October

Good: May, June, July, August

Fringe: Late October, early November, April

Best bang for the buck minus holidays: late November, December, January, February, March

But I always say a rainy day in paradise is better than most days back home so I find myself well acquainted with the best bang for the buck season.

I can't remember which cabin but they were twice on deck 4 and once on deck 8. It's tight but we managed with 3 of us in the cabin. We used every storage space available. I agree that everyone is treated with respect and equality. This is something important to us and we would notice it if it wasn't.