Harmony LIVE, March 11th - 18th. Come Sail Away!!!

Hahaha!!! Love it!! I am pretty sure my husband can relate to this one.. He just mentioned the dust was getting a little thick on the table, I handed him the pledge and a dust mitt...I'm busy reading cruise critic reviews.:)

Enjoy your cruise, I loved the Harmony last November, I don't think I see it happening anytime soon again so I will enjoy seeing it again through your review.

Thanks

I will admit I do like to vacuum but you just drew the line in the sand, or should I say dust, at dusting. Don't give Lisa and ideas. [emoji23] It's nice to have you following along especially when there are many great live reviews this week.

Very much Looking forward to following your Live Blog here, as well as your Periscopes. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks Kat, nice to know you're here.

Looking forward to this, Andrew! Gonna be a fun time for all of us!

Regards to Seepaul and Khotri from "captain Johnny."

John

I will pass along your regards and hopefully Allure is treating you well.

Following!

Thanks for climbing on board your virtual cruise with us.

I am loving this review already! :hearteyes:

Thank-you. At some point over the next 11 days Lisa is going to curse it. Any bets on what day it will happen?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be sailing with ya'll!

Awesome! Are you up this early because you are excited for Saturday or is this the "normal iPad time" before starting the day?

See you in five long days.

We are almost on our way but before we hit the highway we first we need to make a mandatory stop. We will see you on the highway thanks to Periscope.

6999aeeb1eb439c5ff29a0d6ca964d02.jpg

But before we leave it's time for the mandatory stink eye from Lucy. She's so disappointed we don't even get eye contact, but then who has ever heard of a "comfort" cat.

84ae91f9ba3a7c0b82c1078d758c27e9.jpg

88acac05015b428663e10d7423812db6.jpg

She sure looked happier before she knew we were going away.

3ca3557763a1f7832d85f2dc8e77ea50.jpg

I've been waiting for this! We were on Harmony 2 weeks ago - PCD stinks. Thankfully, I'll be able to live vicariously through you. Love your sense of humor...and can't wait to be back on Harmony again, compliments of your review :)

Look forward to your scopes - are you also on Snapchat?

We sailed in 1720 on OASIS in January, after reading your reviews and seeing the pictures. THANK YOU!!! We have the same suite (1724) on HARMONY reserved for Jan in 2018. Looking forward to seeing what its like. Hope you have a blast!!

live2cruise, I am sorry to read about your son and his passing.

It is physically the three of us going on this cruise but in reality there is a another one with us in spirit. We had a daughter, Allie, who was born with health challenges that she could not over come. She passed 2 days after her second birthday and as hard as it is to admit, we know she is in a better place. Owen was five when this happened and thankfully he was just old enough to remember her.

Within the year that she passed we took my mom and my in-laws on two different cruises as a way to say thank-you for their help. We also did it to make new family memories. I did a review of these two cruises combined into one. Please take the time to read it, I think you will appreciate it. Here is the link. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1873787

I know that you and your family will doing the exact same thing in November of this year, as we did a few years ago. It will be bitter-sweet. During that week you will look back and talk about moments and experiences that you all went through and experienced during his illness, both positive and negative. You will laugh and cry but it will be a trip to which you will all never forget. I believe and hope the day you spread his ashes will bring about a form of peace to you and your family.

We are sending you virtual hugs.

Andrew

Thank you for sharing and YES Allie and Alex's stories are meant to be shared by sharing them we share awareness of their diseases and defects and it is by this that one day research may lead to cures! Our Alex was brilliant and we were very lucky to have him for 18 years. Like yours they were a true roller coaster but he taught us so much.i have been debating a suite for this cruise but we are b2b. I will have to keep checking for that wonderful price break. Know that Allie is still with you and will always be I am so sorry that this is the bond we must journey through together. Ask Lisa as a mom if it ever gets easier to see that new day. Safe travels as y'all are on the road today and enjoy every minute with Owen.

Hello everyone and welcome to Detroit. We made it safe and sound with more than enough time to spare. About an hour to boarding.

A few pics from the trip. Almost to the boarder.

90feb72b787773929047697771119ee2.jpg

Crossing the bridge. No ice left on the Lake Huron. I wonder what Mother Nature has in store for us this summer?

bf5e191729b778586d6de868285d7fd3.jpg

When we hit Us Customs it was the best stop ever thanks to Nexus. One car in front and it left as we approached.

Agent: How many in the car?

Me: Three.

Agent: Do you have anything to declare?

Me: No.

Agent: Have a good day.

Me: Thanks-you sir.

Three minutes total.

We thought about picking up the gent in the orange jumper on the drive. Good move on our part. Why is it that rest stations always near prisons?

1ecadcb75bfa171da131c47312321093.jpg

Slim Shady is around here somewhere. If he stood up I know we'd find him.

598fa2bb9b1835de80ede4734a5b9cbd.jpg

f27e8db0a51f9c30ebc7aa926a8bd604.jpg

I hope my spare tire doesn't look like that after 7 days on the ship.

d8e3e42b698f579ced4ff15fbbefa9d0.jpg

A favourite past time of any kid at DTW, riding the tram. This sure isn't Disney World.

112f9d4fa70de39c7257a7b1b0456047.jpg

Who the heck is driving this thing.

b0d2aef288cfd8496b35588df75f5caa.jpg

The fountain is always a hit. Donations are welcomed, and the O-man cleared out my pocket change.

abedfa5810b2011cbcd7f6fc172d3b00.jpg

Sitting here we wonder if we will be the youngest on the flight. Does Holland America sail out of Tampa today? :)

Hello everyone and welcome to Detroit. We made it safe and sound with more than enough time to spare. About an hour to boarding.

A few pics from the trip. Almost to the boarder.

90feb72b787773929047697771119ee2.jpg

Crossing the bridge. No ice left on the Lake Huron. I wonder what Mother Nature has in store for us this summer?

bf5e191729b778586d6de868285d7fd3.jpg

When we hit Us Customs it was the best stop ever thanks to Nexus. One car in front and it left as we approached.

Three minutes total.

We thought about picking up the gent in the orange jumper on the drive. Good move on our part. Why is it that rest stations always near prisons?

1ecadcb75bfa171da131c47312321093.jpg

Slim Shady is around here somewhere. If he stood up I know we'd find him.

598fa2bb9b1835de80ede4734a5b9cbd.jpg

f27e8db0a51f9c30ebc7aa926a8bd604.jpg

I hope my spare tire doesn't look like that after 7 days on the ship.

d8e3e42b698f579ced4ff15fbbefa9d0.jpg

Glad you made is safely here to Motown. Hopefully, the crazy Thunderstorms we had here this morning weren't an issue.

Looks like you had a lovely drive down I-94 and right past the famous Goodyear Tire from the 1964 New York Worlds Fair. You know you are close to the airport when you see the big tire.

Looking forward to Saturday.

I never knew the 1964 Worlds Fair was held near the Big Tire. I will have to share that with my MIL, she loves that type of info. Secretly, I do too.

Edit: I'm looking forward to a Saturday too.

Three minutes total.

Nexus is great, totally worth the $50/5 years even if you only cross 1-2 times a year. Our son was born in June of 2015 and he had a passport and nexus by October..;p

He had breakfast. Now early lunch. We know we will be fed on the flight. Good lord, he's only 9. I think they made Costco for families with teenaged boys.

Edit: Get ready RC, stock up more food. The boy is coming.

e8882f39a57ab899bd0668d7b6f6ba5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Between you and the Villain, you are helping me with my annus horribilus. 2017 is to be known as the year we only cruised once. The agony, the despair. But wait - two live reviews complete with squatty potties to carry me through.

have a great time. I'll be virtually following you around - except on the flowrider. I envision myself slamming into a wall at warp speed so I'll just watch.

Back in the game. Thanks GoGo Wifi.

Happy to see this before the door closed. All bags made it on.

8db0fc12e74fd9fb064d7df6f7bfc6cb.jpg

After a 30 minute commute around DTW we finally took off. Must be preparing me for driving in Florida, to slow for me.

a443b001e2b51f88f1fcce2a02156147.jpg

Looks like Zippy is ready to go as well. Owen already had his shoes off before we were airborne.

003fee4fee44f09ebbe7e39562c1998d.jpg

I was listening to my flow riding mix and ironically this band came up. Nothing like a pump up song for take-off.

d9a279c4aefd547da7d2d0cd0c9a0eb1.jpg

No airplane shaming yet, I hope it stays that way.

In a few hours we will be in Tampa.

Over the Christmas holidays one night I watched a show on PBS called "Ice Bridge - Mackinac Island’s Hidden Season". It was a real barn burner. Lisa obviously fell asleep and rather quickly I will add, while I found it fascinating. If you can't fall asleep find it on-line. I give you 5-10 before you are sawing logs, not me though.

I then went looking for google pictures of the Island and their ice bridge. I came across this pic and saved it for the review. I spotted a hidden image in it, do you see it?

3906b8d40d1b4c054ea8d6172de52e2a.jpg

Need a few minutes, take your time. Enters your guess. If you are right you get to keep following. If you are wrong, your punishment is you get to keep following.