How are the mattresses in the staterooms?

O2B@C

Hi, everyone. DH and I are 3-time HAL cruisers, now considering a PG cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary this fall. I have always wanted to do a PG cruise, and from reading reviews, I am sure we would love the ship, the staff, the islands, and the food.

But I have one question which is a deal-killer for DH, and that is: How comfortable are the mattresses on the stateroom beds? DH has a medical condition that makes it imperative for him to sleep on a top quality mattress. To give you an idea of what works for us, we have a Tempurpedic at home, and we have been happy with the beds on HAL and in Westin hotels. In other venues, we ask whether they have a good quality pillow-top mattress, and if the answer is yes, it usually works.

I have searched this board and have not found much comment on the comfort of PG's beds, except one very positive comment dating back to 2012. Can anyone who has cruised PG recently enlighten me on this subject? It is currently the one thing standing between us and an actual booking.

Thanks you!

I have never had a problem with a PG mattress. That doesn't mean that you won't. Suggest that you ask PG themselves.

Your question is both subjective and personal.

Like you I like Westin mattresses!