Is Johnny Rockets worth it?

Hi everyone!

I've never been on a ship with a Johnny Rockets. Is the food really worth the cover charge? I love burgers and fries, but not sure if I love $7 pp worth of burgers. We're not really specialty dining people, and we were looking forward to trying it, but I don't see how it's that much different from Steak n Shake. Is it that amazing?

Thanksn

Sent from Tapatalk

It's ok, nothing special. The milkshakes are good, but only because milkshakes in and of themselves are good.

We do it for a change of pace on ships that have few options for dining or when it's free, like an Oasis class boardwalk balcony package.

Prefer five guys and in and out burger...would like Royal to replace Johnny Rockets with something else since we can eat JR at home.

Nothing special about the burger but the server told us we could order everything on the menu for that one charge, except the milkshakes, as I recall. Would be great for a big eater. Have visions of college football team really enjoying JR.

We did try it on the Liberty a few years ago and it was fine but nothing great. I'll try it again on the Explorer, this spring, and have a feeling it will be a little better. I think I like the venue and I do like a good burger, fries, and malt. :D I've had better but sometimes the atmosphere makes all the difference.

Hi everyone!

I've never been on a ship with a Johnny Rockets. Is the food really worth the cover charge? I love burgers and fries, but not sure if I love $7 pp worth of burgers. We're not really specialty dining people, and we were looking forward to trying it, but I don't see how it's that much different from Steak n Shake. Is it that amazing?

Thanksn

Sent from Tapatalk

IME the grilled cheese with bacon is AWESOME.

I say go if you want a change of pace, fun atmosphere etc...but don't go for the burger...we have them here in So Cal so its nothing I have to do while on the ship but its not bad by no means....

as others have said, the burgers are nothing special, tho the rings are pretty good.

the Shakes/Malts are the draw tho, those are good. .but are an additional $5 on top of the $7 cover.

The worst thing I can say about it?. . expect to spend 1 1/2-2 hours there. . it's treated like service in the MDR. . ie: expect it to take a LONG time.

it took us over an hour and a half a few weeks ago on Liberty. . when we went after the lunch rush, and there were literally THREE other customers in there, and still took them a Long, Long, time.

but if you have time to kill on a sea day, watching the waiters dance is entertaining enough

I actually really enjoy JR's on the ship and eat there at least once per cruise! It's the best place onboard to get a burger and I love their onion rings!

It's no different from anything you can get on land, but it's become a tradition for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

hi everyone!

I've never been on a ship with a johnny rockets. Is the food really worth the cover charge? I love burgers and fries, but not sure if i love $7 pp worth of burgers. We're not really specialty dining people, and we were looking forward to trying it, but i don't see how it's that much different from steak n shake. Is it that amazing?

Thanksn

sent from tapatalk

lol

It's the only place to find a good burger on the ship. Good luck with whatever you call that thing in the Windjammer. I guess its a burger. If you load it with ketchup it helps.... a little.

as others have said, the burgers are nothing special, tho the rings are pretty good.

the Shakes/Malts are the draw tho, those are good. .but are an additional $5 on top of the $7 cover.

The worst thing I can say about it?. . expect to spend 1 1/2-2 hours there. . it's treated like service in the MDR. . ie: expect it to take a LONG time.

it took us over an hour and a half a few weeks ago on Liberty. . when we went after the lunch rush, and there were literally THREE other customers in there, and still took them a Long, Long, time.

but if you have time to kill on a sea day, watching the waiters dance is entertaining enough

maybe we have been lucky but we have never been close to 1 hour there. 30-45 minutes most of the time.

It's the only place to find a good burger on the ship. Good luck with whatever you call that thing in the Windjammer. I guess its a burger. If you load it with ketchup it helps.... a little.

But the ones in the MDR or from room service are just as good if not better.