Any preferred suite locations on Radiance?

We are planning to book Alaska cruise next week, and being the first time booking a cruise so early, was wondering if there are any preferred locations on the ship - I know most people like the Aft cabins, but we are looking at booking a GS and most of these are not in the back. I was leaning towards one on the hump, but was curious if anyone who has sailed this class ship has any recommendations. Thanks,

Hump location would probably give you the largest balcony. However, there are sometimes disadvantages to the hump area on Radiance class because of possible noise and cigarette smoke coming up from the centrum. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make us favor the forward locations.

My sister had a Grand Suite mid ship this last August in Alaska. Very nice!! Big floor to ceiling windows with lots of light coming in, and and a great view. We used her cabin with that really nice large balcony when we faced the glacier on the starboard side where her cabin was. Then when captain turned the ship, we all went down to our corner aft balcony for sail away.

Junior Suite 1100 has a corner aft cabin with a huge balcony, but we had D1 9256.

She never notice any smoke from the Centrum, and she is very sensitive to it.

Hump location would probably give you the largest balcony. However, there are sometimes disadvantages to the hump area on Radiance class because of possible noise and cigarette smoke coming up from the centrum. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make us favor the forward locations.

How is 1034 - I think this is the cabin our TA snagged for us. It looks to be under the pool deck, so my wife is worried about noise. Just curious whether to keep this one or not.

How is 1034 - I think this is the cabin our TA snagged for us. It looks to be under the pool deck, so my wife is worried about noise. Just curious whether to keep this one or not.

I'd be OK with 1034. No issues with centrum noise or smoke. Under the Solarium, so I'd expect less noise than being under the main pool.

I think that you will love any GS - you will be on an Alaskan cruise! I have had 2 GS's off the centrum and not experienced noise or smoke issues.

All I would say is that being under the solarium should be OK but in Alaska, in my experience, the solarium will get far more use than the pool deck but it really is all dependent on the weather and when in the season you go.

I am sure you will have a great time regardless.

I think that you will love any GS - you will be on an Alaskan cruise! I have had 2 GS's off the centrum and not experienced noise or smoke issues.

All I would say is that being under the solarium should be OK but in Alaska, in my experience, the solarium will get far more use than the pool deck but it really is all dependent on the weather and when in the season you go.

I am sure you will have a great time regardless.

Thanks. The week we booked has already sold out for all JS, GS, and OS, so we are kind of stuck with what we have, or move to a different week. I am looking at all options...

Thanks. The week we booked has already sold out for all JS, GS, and OS, so we are kind of stuck with what we have, or move to a different week. I am looking at all options...

I'd stick with it, I think you will be fine. Plus, along the way cabins are bound to become available, so if you keep an eye on it and find a cabin location you prefer, switch over.

I totally get it - the week I am sailing all suites bar a few JS were sold in under 24 hours!

• 1 month later...
I'd stick with it, I think you will be fine. Plus, along the way cabins are bound to become available, so if you keep an eye on it and find a cabin location you prefer, switch over.

I totally get it - the week I am sailing all suites bar a few JS were sold in under 24 hours!

Suites seem to be going fast these days. I booked our next cruise the second day it that particular cruise was open and only two GS's were left. I took one and the other was gone the third day.

I like 1556 the best, followed by 1060. The others (except for 1600 and 1554) are pretty much identical to one another. They all have large overhangs that protect you from inclement weather but also impede your view up.

1556 doesn't have an overhang and looks directly down to the water (so does 1554, but it doesn't has as much privacy on the balcony - the entire forward section can see you as soon as you step outside). It's behind a wall, so we never noticed noise or smoke from the Centrum. I don't think Radiance has that issue the way Serenade does, because RCI didn't refit RD for the aerial show - they put in a lot of panels that reflect sound, and Serenade keeps the volume turned up to the point of making it impossible to talk in a normal voice when there's an event there. I think that 1556 is slightly smaller than the average GS - we noticed that the space between the closet and the bar was about 12" less than our friends' GS (I think they were in 1050) was.

1060 has a gigantic balcony, so is great for sitting outside. There's also a loudspeaker mounted on the wall, so if you have somebody who likes to make early (for us that's before 8:30) announcements, you could be rousted out of bed. It also has a big overhang, which I found a little oppressive.

And 1600 shouldn't be a GS, in my opinion. The balcony is too small to hold all of the furniture comfortably, so it's crowded out there (JS 1602 has a bigger one). And a lot of the floor space is wasted on a foyer. The closet is smaller and too close to the bed, as is the vanity, making it awkward to get ready to go. But the view aft is incomparable.

But 1034 should be great. We had it on Serenade a few years ago and loved the location - just steps to the Park Cafe and gym. It's actually under the Solarium (there are lounge chairs above the cabin), and that's a pretty quiet area. We never noticed anything from above, although I'm sure they were re-arranging furniture at some point in the wee hours.

We have enjoyed the JS #1100 a few times...it's a favorite... GS#1050 isn't too bad either....I just prefer the JS category...but the GS #1050 was a suite gty. upgrade...glad I only confirmed my JS love and didn't have to pay to try the GS.

My sister had a Grand Suite mid ship this last August in Alaska. Very nice!! Big floor to ceiling windows with lots of light coming in, and and a great view. We used her cabin with that really nice large balcony when we faced the glacier on the starboard side where her cabin was. Then when captain turned the ship, we all went down to our corner aft balcony for sail away.

Junior Suite 1100 has a corner aft cabin with a huge balcony, but we had D1 9256.

She never notice any smoke from the Centrum, and she is very sensitive to it.

The RS is almost the entire hump and I heard noise in main rooms, but not the bedroom.

The GS next to it has dbl doors opening onto balcony. I think the only one on the ship like that. Great for making living room feel outdoorsy

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I had 9256 and I had that cabin next to water elevator deck 9. Both were awesome. From the deck nine you could see all the way to the end of Brilliance. If I remember you could see forward. Huge balcony and deeply covered. Love Brilliance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1034 is in a good location under the solarium. The ones closer to the centrum can be a bit noisy. I had 1052 a few times and could hear the music from the main pool deck. On boarding day it may be quicker to use the forward elevators to get to your suite as they are not as busy as the centrum ones. When heading to the cl on deck 13. Only the 4 centrum elevators that overlook the sea will go up to deck 13

• 1 month later...

A quick question for the SME's (Subject Matter Experts), if I may? I do not know why I do this to myself. I looked at what has come available on an upcoming Radiance Southbound. Currently in 9236, but saw where 9208 and 9220 became available. Wondering whether 9208 may be a little too close to the Centrum (noise/possible smoke), and whether 9220 is worth the move (a little closer to the stairs/elevators, but not much else). I should have never looked. :confused:

Thoughts?

A quick question for the SME's (Subject Matter Experts), if I may? I do not know why I do this to myself. I looked at what has come available on an upcoming Radiance Southbound. Currently in 9236, but saw where 9208 and 9220 became available. Wondering whether 9208 may be a little too close to the Centrum (noise/possible smoke), and whether 9220 is worth the move (a little closer to the stairs/elevators, but not much else). I should have never looked. :confused:

Thoughts?

I'd be fine with 9208, I think it's far enough from the centrum to have minimal noise and smoke.

I'd be fine with 9208, I think it's far enough from the centrum to have minimal noise and smoke.

Thanks Bob. While on the phone will reservations, they informed me that 9038 was now available. Took that one. Being forward is closer to where I will find myself most often; Deck 5 and helipad; and the Forward Overlooks (Deck 11, 12 & 13). Although I seem to recall that one of the forward overlooks are for 'Gold Cards ONLY'.

Thanks Bob. While on the phone will reservations, they informed me that 9038 was now available. Took that one. Being forward is closer to where I will find myself most often; Deck 5 and helipad; and the Forward Overlooks (Deck 11, 12 & 13). Although I seem to recall that one of the forward overlooks are for 'Gold Cards ONLY'.

Gold Cards that don't have mobility issues. [emoji6] [emoji33]

1f7989da48ef4c20e8207ed22b51bf2b.jpg

6e8d35d21b61b13a6a65f128a18589de.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I’ve just got 9220 on Radiance, any issues?

Really nothing...basic aft location portside with cabins above and below...Enjoy Radiance...one of our favorite's.