Will AQ and CC cabins on the Edge have infinity verandas?

ccod

They said in the live presentation that those single cabins would get infinity balconies.

Good morning, maybe that is why they are the price they are?......for the price I will just pay the difference and get a

full size cabin.

I just changed my cabin and booked a CC specifically for this new style balcony:)...book one thing on the first day and decided overnight to change my mind;p

Confirmed via Celebrity on their FB page: Celebrity Edge offers 104 Aqua Class Infinite Veranda Staterooms and 2 Accessible Aqua Class Infinite Veranda Staterooms.

Very glad to hear that there will be handicapped accessible Aqua Class cabins, though only 2, not so happy about that......however, on the Millennium Class ships, there are ZERO accessible Aqua Class cabins, so 2 is a better number than none.

I'm very concerned about the bed situation - here's the quote from the Celebrity press release: Another modern luxury first for us, 99% of the staterooms on Celebrity Edge have a king-sized bed, featuring bedding from our exclusive Cashmere Collection℠ and mattresses handcrafted in Italy.

Can this really be true, that the beds in 99% of the staterooms are KING?? Because there are MANY people that travel not as couples! They are not stating that they're kings that are actually twins that can be separated per your preference.......anyone know about this?

Thanks for some missing details. Rather disappointed to hear about the size as initially it was reported that the Edge would be bigger than the M class and smaller than the S class. By passenger count this will carry more passengers than the other ships so no chance to get to smaller ports or to be able to dock closer in at many ports.

You're welcome. Glad it helped a little. :) They're just not ready to release all of their information yet which is a little frustrating. I'm with you - I prefer smaller ships. But, I can appreciate the innovation on this one and I'm sure the industry will follow some of the new ideas.

Very glad to hear that there will be handicapped accessible Aqua Class cabins, though only 2, not so happy about that......however, on the Millennium Class ships, there are ZERO accessible Aqua Class cabins, so 2 is a better number than none.

I'm very concerned about the bed situation - here's the quote from the Celebrity press release: Another modern luxury first for us, 99% of the staterooms on Celebrity Edge have a king-sized bed, featuring bedding from our exclusive Cashmere Collection℠ and mattresses handcrafted in Italy.

Can this really be true, that the beds in 99% of the staterooms are KING?? Because there are MANY people that travel not as couples! They are not stating that they're kings that are actually twins that can be separated per your preference.......anyone know about this?

Usually, the two beds together form a queen. Therefore, when separated they are individually smaller than a standard single.

On the Edge, they form a standard king together and separate into two standard twins. They do separate. n I confirmed when I booked.

Thanks for some missing details. Rather disappointed to hear about the size as initially it was reported that the Edge would be bigger than the M class and smaller than the S class. By passenger count this will carry more passengers than the other ships so no chance to get to smaller ports or to be able to dock closer in at many ports.

Edge carries fewer passengers than Reflection, but not by much. More tonnage and fewer passengers should mean more space onboard, but you are right: if you want more imaginative itineraries to smaller ports, you will have to look elsewhere. Let's hope Azamara gets some more (small) ships soon!

Yes - that number is right. From what they said in the webinar, the only ones that wouldn't have king beds would be the single cabins. I wanted to ask if the beds could be split into 2 twins, but alas, they didn't answer any of our questions. I'm assuming they would HAVE TO be able to be broken apart and are just wider twins than what they have now.

The "passenger capacity" is all they said. They didn't elaborate on whether that was total capacity with 3rd & 4ths included or if it was a double-occupancy total, sorry.

They weren't very detailed about their information, but they definitely said the singles wouldn't have the infinite balconies. They could have misspoken, but that's what I wrote down as they said it. Sorry I don't have more specific details. Believe me, I had questions for them but they weren't going to answer them at that time. :confused:

Usually, the two beds together form a queen. Therefore, when separated they are individually smaller than a standard single.

On the Edge, they form a standard king together and separate into two standard twins. They do separate. n I confirmed when I booked.

Great to hear that you confirmed that the King does indeed separate into 2 twins! Yes, you're right, the beds on the other ships are not 2 true twins when separated.......my concern was that the king separates at all, so I'm very relieved to hear that it does. Thanks!

A travel agent sent me this press release which answers some initial questions about the ship. Here is the link

https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/pdf/core_press_materials_edge/EDGE-FactsSheet.pdf

I still haven't seen any plan diagrams for the Royal Suite layout or some of the other cabins, only a concept picture. In the press release it states at full capacity Edge will hold 3373 guests and 1320 crew with a total of 1,467 staterooms. 918 Infinite Veranda Staterooms, 176 Suites .

On the Infinite Verandas, there are 104 Aqua Class Infinite Verandas, 2 Accessible Aqua Class Infinite Verandas, 16 Accessible Edge Staterooms with Infinite Verandas and, 16 Single Edge Infinite Verandas. I did not see a breakdown in these materials of some of the other cabin categories, although it is reflected on the information sheets already posted earlier. I am looking forward to seeing the new ship.

• 5 weeks later...
Here are the room layouts you get when booking. Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites do not have infinity balconies, nor do their beds face the sea.

I just opened the Edge Sky Suite jpg you attached and it looked like an infinite veranda to me. However, on closer look, there may not be enough room for the door to open inwards. Still ambiguous. Perhaps the diagram changed since you posted it last month.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=405069&d=1489457672

Edited by emileg

I just opened the Edge Sky Suite jpg you attached and it looked like an infinite veranda to me. However, on closer look, there may not be enough room for the door to open inwards. Still ambiguous. Perhaps the diagram changed since you posted it last month.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=405069&d=1489457672

That is not an Infinite Balcony. There is a glass wall that separates the cabin from the balcony. It has a door in it, but the outer portions seem to be fixed in place -- not the French doors that fold back flush to the cabin walls. Also the outermost (leftmost) end is a fixed balcony railing, not a moveable window -- there is no way to enclose the balcony area.