$7.95 Room Service Charge

You need to email approximately two weeks before boarding for this.

If you submitted the special needs form electronically, you should have gotten an email confirmation from an actual person (this is after the first email which is an electronic acknowlegment of the receipt of your special needs form). Reply back to the email response you received from the person who sent you the confirmation as payitforward suggested.

Room Service 7.95 charge is fleet wide on RCCL. I wonder if it is per person? Would a family of 4 pay 31.80 for a snack from Room Service? That would not include any tip given to the room service delivery person.

This change affects me as I am disabled, on oxygen, in a wheelchair and seldom eat more than 1 meal out of my room. So, I will have to pay an extra 15.00 a day plus additional tipping.

Friends with a son who is fed with a feeding tube have at least one parent stay and eat with him each meal, so they would be paying an extra 60.00 a day, plus tips for the room service delivery, to their cruise for room service.

When I first started cursing RCCL, I could get any meal off of the regular dining room menu delivered to my stateroom. Then, we had the abbreviated menu. Now, I am to pay for an abbreviated menu though I won't be eating the food I've paid for elsewhere on the ship.

Guess the hubby will be schlepping sandwiches and pizza back to the room for me. SAD.

Another alternative, if you can afford it, get a full Suite. GS or above. You may order anything off the MDR menu and no charge for room service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Room Service 7.95 charge is fleet wide on RCCL. I wonder if it is per person? Would a family of 4 pay 31.80 for a snack from Room Service? That would not include any tip given to the room service delivery person.

This change affects me as I am disabled, on oxygen, in a wheelchair and seldom eat more than 1 meal out of my room. So, I will have to pay an extra 15.00 a day plus additional tipping.

Friends with a son who is fed with a feeding tube have at least one parent stay and eat with him each meal, so they would be paying an extra 60.00 a day, plus tips for the room service delivery, to their cruise for room service.

When I first started cursing RCCL, I could get any meal off of the regular dining room menu delivered to my stateroom. Then, we had the abbreviated menu. Now, I am to pay for an abbreviated menu though I won't be eating the food I've paid for elsewhere on the ship.

Guess the hubby will be schlepping sandwiches and pizza back to the room for me. SAD.

Dinkachu - I hope you can get some resolution from RCCL. As others have posted, it is per order. And if it helps, continental breakfast is still complimentary. But - I loved the Freudian (spell check) slip in your post.

... When I first started cursing RCCL...

I guess given your situation, you are cursing RCCL!

M

Another alternative, if you can afford it, get a full Suite. GS or above. You may order anything off the MDR menu and no charge for room service.

There are no wheelchair accessible full suites (suites GS or higher) in the entire Royal Caribbean fleet except the Oasis class (where there is one wheelchair accessible CLS).

There are no wheelchair accessible full suites (suites GS or higher) in the entire Royal Caribbean fleet except the Oasis class (where there is one wheelchair accessible CLS).

Wasn’t aware of that. Interesting. Thanks

We have a tough time navigating the step up to tub/shower in a GS. Didn’t think about someone in a wheelchair trying to do it.

Prior to boarding, email special_needs@rccl.com. Describe your condition and that you are often unable to leave the cabin. They will waive the room service fees.

This is good information for those who must remain in the cabin . I hope the process is not abused by those who don't need he accommodation.

M

Maybe RCI should contact real medical professionals. This, if correct is a horrible way to feed norovirus. Where is the replenishment of vital electrolytes. Should be served bananas, rice, toast, applesauce... the ginger ale should be avoided as it has too much sugar, and should be offered gatorade and water.

I was confined to my cabin on Explorer in Nov due to stomach bug (self reported) - not sure if it was actually noro. What was offered for free room service was explained by medical staff & listed on a handout & included banana, toast, soft boiled egg & later broth and vegies, along with water & Gatorade, and an offer of carbonated soda as they said some people report this as helping the stomach cramps associated with i guess the emptiness?? All at no charge. They even offered me free in-room movies, but i wasn't THAT sick :)

I was well looked after by the medical staff, GS's and our cabin attendant & received compensation in form of FCC for my confinement time.

I cannot speak more highly of RC in this instance.

Wasn’t aware of that. Interesting. Thanks

We have a tough time navigating the step up to tub/shower in a GS. Didn’t think about someone in a wheelchair trying to do it.

The RS on Serenade was pretty wheelchair friendly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 2 years later...