kennedy space center tour?

poona1

Hello friends...we will be arriving at port canaveral on the Gem...would love to know what exactly the ship sponsored excursion to KSC consist of or whether its better to book a private tour from the outside?

Has anyone done any private tours...all details would be much appreciated...thanks

if ship arrives at 1pm, there may not be that much time to do anything at KSC since its about a 45min to 1 hour drive there and then the drive back.

Also, KSC closes at 6pm, so it would be impossible to see everything.

Hello friends...we will be arriving at port canaveral on the Gem...would love to know what exactly the ship sponsored excursion to KSC consist of or whether its better to book a private tour from the outside?

Has anyone done any private tours...all details would be much appreciated...thanks

It's actually only 25 minutes to the Kennedy Space Center from Port Canaveral. It's completely worth seeing -- truly amazing to see our space history. If you are worried about timing, I'd just take a ship excursion.

EnjoY!

It's completely worth seeing -- truly amazing to see our space history.

I fully realise that different people like different things, but a few years ago, whilst on holiday in Florida, I drove 2 hours to the Kennedy Space station and found it to be the most boring few hours I had ever spent. There was nothing there at all that took my interest. Like I say though, horses for courses.:(

I fully realise that different people like different things, but a few years ago, whilst on holiday in Florida, I drove 2 hours to the Kennedy Space station and found it to be the most boring few hours I had ever spent. There was nothing there at all that took my interest. Like I say though, horses for courses.:(

Very true. I'm a total space geek. As with everything here -- do your own research too and look around their website and see if it interests you!

We did the NCL tour of KSC a few years ago. Really enjoyed it. Also..was glad we did this through NCL knowing we would be back in time AND we did avoid some entry lines since we were on a tour.

If you have even the slightest interest in space and our space program, KSC is awesome. It's not that far (maybe 25-30 minutes). We did it on our own from the Gem, but I have read on here that when you take the NCL tour, KSC will stay open an hour later for the NCL group, so well worth them money imho. Do a search on here and you should find those threads.

Seeing the display of the space shuttle Atlantis, and standing in front of the Saturn V rocket, would be reasons enough to go (though there will be time for much more).

Saturn%20V%201024x678_zpssrrzbqyo.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We did the NCL tour of KSC a few years ago. Really enjoyed it. .

Yes, we found the NCL tour to be excellent. They turn you over to a NASA guide when you get there, so I would suspect you're getting the same tour whether you go NCL or private. They also had good commentary on the bus: you drive through a wildlife refuge to get there; we saw lots of manatees and egrets.

i went to KSC when i was 8. went back again at 37 and it was a much different experience! i enjoyed it both times, but its really grown. it was absolutely awesome seeing the space shuttle that they had on display. well worth it, but you do really pay for the transport and ticket fees. its all self guided once there.

The Kennedy Space Center is so worth seeing - really amazing. We took the ships excursion and you get to see much more going with them. And if you are worried about the timing - then the excursion through the ship - is best. Enjoy - there is so much to see - hope you love it as much as we did.

Love KSC! Went there in 2008 and just visited in January and with the new exhibits since 2008, it was a great day! The Atlantis exhibit is amazing! We spent an entire day there before the cruise and booked everything directly with KSC. We did the behind the scenes tour along with all the exhibits. We didn't book through NCL, because we came in a day early and that is what worked for us. If you go, I hope you have a great time and utilize the KSC website to plan your visit. It breaks down how much time is needed for each attraction and it will show you what you can plan on seeing based on your interest and your time frame.