Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

I have booked B2B S1 Edge Sky Suites and may refine my reservations, so am trying to gather as much info as possible on the SS's. Since the info on SS's is scattered amongst many threads I thought I would start a thread about Edge Sky Suites.

This is what I've gathered so far (much already posted on CC, but hopefully it is helpful to get info together on Sky Suites in one thread):

Schematic (? which type):

edge_staterooms_sky-suitea_960x312.jpg

Here is a rendition (? which type):

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg?width=378&height=220&ext=.jpg

There is a good Edge Sky Suite mock up video you can access by googling "Celebrity Edge Sky Suite Tour". This may be an S3 mock up (someone noted a large beam to the left of the balcony which could be the Magic Carpet track). I won't put the link here since the video was made by a travel agency. It gives a good idea what the bathrooms might look like. The toilet is behind a frosted door within the bathroom, the double sink has a faucet on each end and a window over the sink looks into the living area so that you can see the ocean from the bathroom (and it must also turn into a mirror). It does not appear to have an infinite balcony.

S1:

Largest balconies of the SS (52 total) - balconies listed as 163 sf listed. There are 12 aft S1's on decks 7-12. They are selling out fast - I have one booked for one of the legs, but was too late to get one when I added the second leg. I am hoping the aft ones have the nice big balconies with sun - hoping more info will come in about these aft S1's. There are also S1's on 10 and 11 midship. Some are on a hump, others in recessed areas - unsure about overhang.

S2:

There are 2 accessible S2's on the 11th deck. Other S2's (64) are on 9 and 10 and seem to have the more cabin sq feet than the other SS, but smaller balconies.

S3:

There are 28 of these SS on decks 6-12 along the Magic Carpet track. They have nice-sized balconies - there has been concern on CC about obstructed views due to the Magic Carpet and of the moving of the Magic Carpet past the balconies (though that may be a plus for some). These seem to be selling out fast, at least on the 2 cruises on which we are booked.

The video mentioned above and the rendition above may be the S3. Someone mentioned that they had heard that the bed faces the ocean in the S3, but who knows what the final set up will look like.

From the Edge FAQs document:

Sky Family Suites (6 pairs SV + S1) are only available during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings. The brochure will identify that the rooms can convert to family suites. To book, you must to call Reservations as these suites will be held back. Note if they do not sell we will re-categorize to the original categories.

For those who are just coming onboard, the SS will have access to the Retreat:

• The Retreat Sundeck is exclusively for our Suite guests and rivals any high-end resort. This spacious outdoor lounge area makes it easy to unplug with plush, stylish furniture, a full-sized pool, and hot tubs. Dedicated Pool Butlers are at guests’ service to make sure every whim is tended to with poolside cocktails, fresh towels and refreshing treats. This is a private paradise.

• The Retreat Lounge exclusive to suite guests (and Zenith members) is located just off The Retreat Sundeck. Inside, guests will enjoy complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and a comfortable place to read the latest best-seller, catch up on current events, watch the big game, or just kick back and relax.

• Luminae @ The Retreat is located just off The Retreat Sundeck. Inside is a warm and inviting space that has an air of a sophisticated sunroom. Boldly elegant, the interior is as distinctive as the cuisine. Not only is the restaurant exclusive, but so are its menus. Crafted by our Michelin-starred chef, the modern, this eclectic cuisine is not available anywhere else on board. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's a brief summary of what I have heard about the SS's so far. Will look forward to more info as it trickles out.

CEL_Edge_FAQs copy.pdf

Celebrity_Edge_Stateroom_Internal_Categories.pdf

• The Retreat Sundeck is exclusively for our Suite guests and rivals any high-end resort. This spacious outdoor lounge area makes it easy to unplug with plush, stylish furniture, a full-sized pool, and hot tubs. Dedicated Pool Butlers are at guests’ service to make sure every whim is tended to with poolside cocktails, fresh towels and refreshing treats. This is a private paradise.

• The Retreat Lounge exclusive to suite guests (and Zenith members) is located just off The Retreat Sundeck. Inside, guests will enjoy complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and a comfortable place to read the latest best-seller, catch up on current events, watch the big game, or just kick back and relax.

Luminae @ The Retreat is located just off The Retreat Sundeck. Inside is a warm and inviting space that has an air of a sophisticated sunroom. Boldly elegant, the interior is as distinctive as the cuisine. Not only is the restaurant exclusive, but so are its menus. Crafted by our Michelin-starred chef, the modern, this eclectic cuisine is not available anywhere else on board. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's a brief summary of what I have heard about the SS's so far. Will look forward to more info as it trickles out.

As with much of the early information about Edge, this seems to be contradicted by something else that Celebrity has published: namely, the deck plans. Retreat Sundeck is shown on deck 16; Retreat Lounge is on deck 15; and Luminae is on deck 12. Or do you suppose the two large blocks at the front of decks 15 and 14 marked "coming soon" are also part of the Retreat complex? :confused:

As with much of the early information about Edge, this seems to be contradicted by something else that Celebrity has published: namely, the deck plans. Retreat Sundeck is shown on deck 16; Retreat Lounge is on deck 15; and Luminae is on deck 12. Or do you suppose the two large blocks at the front of decks 15 and 14 marked "coming soon" are also part of the Retreat complex? :confused:

Good pick up! I missed that.

We were able to book the Sky Family Suite for February 2019 so they must not only be available at the holidays. Our invoices for these 2 rooms do not have any indication that these rooms are considered a Sky Family Suite but I ended up getting an email from customer relations that documents it and that also states both rooms will have access to The Retreat and Luminae. The passengers in the Sky Suite received all 4 perks while the Sunset Veranda passengers only received 1. Looking forward to getting more information on the rear S1's!

We were able to book the Sky Family Suite for February 2019 so they must not only be available at the holidays. Our invoices for these 2 rooms do not have any indication that these rooms are considered a Sky Family Suite but I ended up getting an email from customer relations that documents it and that also states both rooms will have access to The Retreat and Luminae. The passengers in the Sky Suite received all 4 perks while the Sunset Veranda passengers only received 1. Looking forward to getting more information on the rear S1's!

That's good to know - it will be great for you as a family. Please keep us updated.

Our invoice for the S1 says "Go Best" which is all 4 perks. You should call....

I have 2 reservations for b2b and one has it and one doesn't. I plan to call if it doesn't show up on the other one in a few days. [emoji4]

Sky lounge and spa perhaps.:confused:

Just checked Celebrity website to see about availability of the S1's on our 2 cruises. It looks like both increased in price again yesterday - the Eastern cruise is $500 each more per person and the Western one is $600 more per person (I think since yesterday because I just booked the Eastern leg Friday for $1000 less for total and it had already gone up $200 total since Mon). I'm glad I didn't wait until today to book the second leg!

I saw a video of the SS at the launch on a video streaming website that showed a bed facing the water... Is this only for some SS's?

The Sky Suite Tour video and the SS rendition in the first post show the bed facing the ocean. I think it remains to be seen, but one person reported on CC that their TA said that the S3's have the bed facing the ocean. The Sky Suite floor plan in the first post (shown on the US Celebrity website next to all 3 Sky Suite categories) shows the bed against one of the side walls near the bathroom so possibly there are different configurations for the 3 different Sky Suites (and even maybe a different configuration for the aft Sky Suites since they are shaped a little differently). Hopefully, more specific information will come out about the 3 different categories of Sky Suites.

This picture of a model of the Magic Carpet was posted on another thread by Fairsky84. It was interesting to see what the 9th deck S2's and 10th deck S1's might look like from the outside (the cabins to the right with sliding doors as opposed to the infinite balconies). It looks like one end of the MC may travel over the S1's on 10 and S2's on 9 that are closest to the MC?

This model shows the S3s inside the MC track and maybe one can get a better idea about things like shade from the MC at various levels (since some like shade, others don't).

I like the white MC better than orange - it will be interesting to see what color it ends up being painted.

magic-carpet-modell.jpg

I found this Sky Suite picture on cruisedeckplans that I hadn't seen before:

It looks like the floor plan from an S1 aft cabin:

73-2.jpg

Ironically, all the artist renderings for Sky suites on that website show the bed facing the sea. And all press release info from X says beds in "Sky suites" face the sea. There is no differentiation between S1's, S2's, or S3's.

The ship is still being built, we won't know the definitive answer for a while.

Ironically, all the artist renderings for Sky suites on that website show the bed facing the sea. And all press release info from X says beds in "Sky suites" face the sea. There is no differentiation between S1's, S2's, or S3's.

The ship is still being built, we won't know the definitive answer for a while.

I agree that we won't know the final configurations for a while. I think I would actually prefer having the bed facing the sea after seeing different configurations - it seems roomier to me.

I agree that we won't know the final configurations for a while. I think I would actually prefer having the bed facing the sea after seeing different configurations - it seems roomier to me.

I like the bed facing the sea, too, and hope that all Sky suites will have that configuration.

In the S2, the bathroom sink faces a window/mirror that looks out on the cabin and the outside

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We definitely noticed the window between the bathroom and the cabin/bed. Is it a one way mirror or a window? We prefer privacy in the bathroom and wonder what happens if the bathroom light is turned on at night?