Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

I really, really love these sky suites with bed facing ocean. I like the space in front of the bed and flow of the space around the bed, the phenomenal amount of well planned storage, the vanity area in the bathroom , but especially love the view from the bed and bathroom. X hit the ball out of the park with this one. There are some things that should change , IMO, like the tub enclosure to prevent leakage and lack of nice deck furniture, but this would be the way for us to go if the price drops back down some. Very happy that I have a 3 night on Sat and then a 7 night in Jan to look forward to in an S 1.

i measured the balcony on this midship S1 and  it is about 13,5x5.5 ft for approx 75 sq ft. The balconies are nicely designed and the dividers give more privacy than S Class, I think. Really loved the feel of the balcony.

The beautiful KH rocking chair is great - it is big and can be in the way at times but totally worth it, IMO.

Hope these suites wont stay at 12 grand for 7 nights forever..,..

I measured and it looks like there will be 12-14 inches between the beds if made into twins. There would still be plenty of space to get into bed on the other side because the other bedside table toward the wall is 18 in wide (and fixed).

16 hours ago, BurBunny said:

Oh my!  Reaching that rod may be difficult for sub-5' me...  I might have to use the butler to help me unpack after all.

Me too! At 4'11" I may need to bring some sort of extension rod just to get my clothes out of the closet! 🤔

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I will be in 11268 corner aft on Saturday so will be posting lots of pix 

That is the same room we are in. I will await your pix with interest. We picked it rather than a CS as we didn't like the look of the layout of the CS from what was available online although it looks like it has changed so that the balcony is the full width of the room.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

On 11/29/2018 at 3:32 PM, Timbek2 said:

On the S2 suite am I correct in assuming it's not a true King mattress but will be two twins pushed together.  I hate falling in the crack!

???

Yes, it will be two twins - you can ask for a topper to help with falling through the cracks issue. 🙂

On 11/29/2018 at 6:37 AM, vtcruising said:

I really, really love these sky suites with bed facing ocean. I like the space in front of the bed and flow of the space around the bed, the phenomenal amount of well planned storage, the vanity area in the bathroom , but especially love the view from the bed and bathroom. X hit the ball out of the park with this one. There are some things that should change , IMO, like the tub enclosure to prevent leakage and lack of nice deck furniture, but this would be the way for us to go if the price drops back down some. Very happy that I have a 3 night on Sat and then a 7 night in Jan to look forward to in an S 1.

i measured the balcony on this midship S1 and  it is about 13,5x5.5 ft for approx 75 sq ft. The balconies are nicely designed and the dividers give more privacy than S Class, I think. Really loved the feel of the balcony.

The beautiful KH rocking chair is great - it is big and can be in the way at times but totally worth it, IMO.

Hope these suites wont stay at 12 grand for 7 nights forever..,..

Agreed!  These are beautiful, especially in the bed-facing-ocean configuration.  Do we know if the TVs in these can pivot out from the wall so you can watch TV in bed?  Thanks!

3 hours ago, johnnyswitzerland said:

Agreed!  These are beautiful, especially in the bed-facing-ocean configuration.  Do we know if the TVs in these can pivot out from the wall so you can watch TV in bed?  Thanks!

Yes it does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I believe only S1’s on Port or Starboard have the bed facing the sea.

I believe that the S2's also have the bed facing the sea. It seems like the S1's aft and the S3's that do not. 

8 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

I believe that the S2's also have the bed facing the sea. It seems like the S1's aft and the S3's that do not. 

Oops, thanks for correcting me. 😊 Yes, it's too bad that the aft S1’s don’t.

• Like 1