Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I don't think the crew on the Edge could take all of us together!  With our multitude of questions, measuring tapes, blow up furniture, blackout curtains, live threads and multiple parties on the 11th deck, they would probably jump ship! 😉

I like golden margaritas - Don Julio Reposado with a floater of Grand Marnier, if you want to have a drink for me. 😁

Oh I don't know. Despite our inquiring minds, tape measures, and live reviews, we're all glass half full people. We recognize the fact that Celebrity has largely stellar crews, and we heap generous praise (and additional tips) on crew members who go that extra mile to help us forget about work, ailing parents, and all the other headaches in our everyday lives. Unless we begin trashing the Martini Bar, I would think they'd like having all of us aboard at once😎 Ohhhh how about an Edgie reunion cruise?

I'm in! I love margaritas, and your special one sounds divine. The Grand Marnier for a hint of sweetness, the sweetness of not thinking about work for 16 days😉 The salt on the rim for the glorious sea. I can almost taste it now....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oville said:

And the mascara that would run wild while laughing.😝  Have fun!

Ladies, I think we should start a girl band. We could ramp up the mascara (think Kiss back in the day), crank up the fog machine, and call ourselves "The Psycho Raccoons"🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Oh I don't know. Despite our inquiring minds, tape measures, and live reviews, we're all glass half full people. We recognize the fact that Celebrity has largely stellar crews, and we heap generous praise (and additional tips) on crew members who go that extra mile to help us forget about work, ailing parents, and all the other headaches in our everyday lives. Unless we begin trashing the Martini Bar, I would think they'd like having all of us aboard at once😎 Ohhhh how about an Edgie reunion cruise?

Some of us are already booked on Apex. 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Ohhhh how about an Edgie reunion cruise?

11/14/20 Apex - we have taken over the Apex aft!!  It will be one heck of a party back there!! 😎🍹🌞

38 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

'm in! I love margaritas, and your special one sounds divine. The Grand Marnier for a hint of sweetness, the sweetness of not thinking about work for 16 days😉 The salt on the rim for the glorious sea. I can almost taste it now....

Wow, you are making that margarita sound really good!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I'm booked on the Celebrity Apex (same class as the Edge) in cabin 10274 (S1) which is a corner Aft-Balcony. This room is on the 10th floor. Does anyone know if the noise coming from deck 14 (pool deck and Oceanview Bar) are able to be heard while in your cabin on deck 12? 

I want to get the corner aft suite on deck 12 but I'm worried about the noise. If anyone has any experience, I would appreciate the insight. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, wecruisehard1016 said:

I'm booked on the Celebrity Apex (same class as the Edge) in cabin 10274 (S1) which is a corner Aft-Balcony. This room is on the 10th floor. Does anyone know if the noise coming from deck 14 (pool deck and Oceanview Bar) are able to be heard while in your cabin on deck 12? 

I want to get the corner aft suite on deck 12 but I'm worried about the noise. If anyone has any experience, I would appreciate the insight. 

Thanks!

We've stayed in 12260, deck 12, on the Edge and didn’t have any noise problems. This was on a TA.

We also stayed in 11268, deck 11, on the inaugural and didn’t have any problems either. Never heard anything from the Sunset bar which is on deck 15. There is no bar on the aft outside the Oceanview Cafe on deck 14.

Edited by C-Dragons

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Silkroad said:

Ladies, I think we should start a girl band. We could ramp up the mascara (think Kiss back in the day), crank up the fog machine, and call ourselves "The Psycho Raccoons"🤣

Pete Townshend of The Who had a solo album called Psychoderelict.   It was another of his Rock Opera albums centered on the character Ray High. BTW, Ray High was modeled after himself. Psychoderelict was In My Very Humble Opinion, one of his best works.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, vtcruising said:

I have booked B2B S1 Edge Sky Suites and may refine my reservations, so am trying to gather as much info as possible on the SS's. Since the info on SS's is scattered amongst many threads I thought I would start a thread about Edge Sky Suites.

This is what I've gathered so far (much already posted on CC, but hopefully it is helpful to get info together on Sky Suites in one thread):

Schematic (? which type):

edge_staterooms_sky-suitea_960x312.jpg

Here is a rendition (? which type):

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg?width=378&height=220&ext=.jpg

There is a good Edge Sky Suite mock up video you can access by googling "Celebrity Edge Sky Suite Tour". This may be an S3 mock up (someone noted a large beam to the left of the balcony which could be the Magic Carpet track). I won't put the link here since the video was made by a travel agency. It gives a good idea what the bathrooms might look like. The toilet is behind a frosted door within the bathroom, the double sink has a faucet on each end and a window over the sink looks into the living area so that you can see the ocean from the bathroom (and it must also turn into a mirror). It does not appear to have an infinite balcony.

S1:

Largest balconies of the SS (52 total) - balconies listed as 163 sf listed. There are 12 aft S1's on decks 7-12. They are selling out fast - I have one booked for one of the legs, but was too late to get one when I added the second leg. I am hoping the aft ones have the nice big balconies with sun - hoping more info will come in about these aft S1's. There are also S1's on 10 and 11 midship. Some are on a hump, others in recessed areas - unsure about overhang.

S2:

There are 2 accessible S2's on the 11th deck. Other S2's (64) are on 9 and 10 and seem to have the more cabin sq feet than the other SS, but smaller balconies.

S3:

There are 28 of these SS on decks 6-12 along the Magic Carpet track. They have nice-sized balconies - there has been concern on CC about obstructed views due to the Magic Carpet and of the moving of the Magic Carpet past the balconies (though that may be a plus for some). These seem to be selling out fast, at least on the 2 cruises on which we are booked.

The video mentioned above and the rendition above may be the S3. Someone mentioned that they had heard that the bed faces the ocean in the S3, but who knows what the final set up will look like.

From the Edge FAQs document:

Sky Family Suites (6 pairs SV + S1) are only available during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings. The brochure will identify that the rooms can convert to family suites. To book, you must to call Reservations as these suites will be held back. Note if they do not sell we will re-categorize to the original categories.

For those who are just coming onboard, the SS will have access to the Retreat:

From the Edge FAQs document:

• The Retreat Sundeck is exclusively for our Suite guests and rivals any high-end resort. This spacious outdoor lounge area makes it easy to unplug with plush, stylish furniture, a full-sized pool, and hot tubs. Dedicated Pool Butlers are at guests’ service to make sure every whim is tended to with poolside cocktails, fresh towels and refreshing treats. This is a private paradise.

• The Retreat Lounge exclusive to suite guests (and Zenith members) is located just off The Retreat Sundeck. Inside, guests will enjoy complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and a comfortable place to read the latest best-seller, catch up on current events, watch the big game, or just kick back and relax.

• Luminae @ The Retreat is located just off The Retreat Sundeck. Inside is a warm and inviting space that has an air of a sophisticated sunroom. Boldly elegant, the interior is as distinctive as the cuisine. Not only is the restaurant exclusive, but so are its menus. Crafted by our Michelin-starred chef, the modern, this eclectic cuisine is not available anywhere else on board. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's a brief summary of what I have heard about the SS's so far. Will look forward to more info as it trickles out.

CEL_Edge_FAQs copy.pdf 282.01 kB · 184 downloads

Celebrity_Edge_Stateroom_Internal_Categories.pdf 269.7 kB · 183 downloads

I am so glad you posted this. I had the same problem with several TA’s. I finally got in touch with someone at Celebrity and it was explained they originally wanted all the sky suites to have the bed facing the ocean. During the building process it wasn’t possible. 

We wanted a room with a bed facing the ocean and have the ability to slide the mirror to see the ocean from the bathroom. It took several phone calls to finally find the rooms with a ocean view from the bed.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:05 PM, 81Zoomie said:

We definitely noticed the window between the bathroom and the cabin/bed. Is it a one way mirror or a window? We prefer privacy in the bathroom and wonder what happens if the bathroom light is turned on at night?

You cannot see in if the mirrors are closed.  So nothing happens.  We typically carry small flash lights into the bathroom and it has a night light also.