Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

We definitely noticed the window between the bathroom and the cabin/bed. Is it a one way mirror or a window? We prefer privacy in the bathroom and wonder what happens if the bathroom light is turned on at night?

If you watch the video, it appears to have a mirror that opens and closes above the sink, such that it is a window when open and mirror when closed (remains to be seen). It has been speculated here that there may be some sort of high tech way to go from one to the other or maybe it will just slide open and shut.

Thanks for the FAQs sheet - interesting about size of bathrooms, windows, etc.

It sounds like they might be nicer than S class, but time will tell.

I'm still waiting to hear about the storage. Celebrity said it would be improved on E class.

Thanks for the article. At least the bathroom mirror is explained as operating as we expected. Hope all the S1 beds face the sea as they said!!

Haven't sailed Celebrity in many years, but as I write my TA is booking me a forward sky suite. Will keep you posted if I learn any more details than those already posted here. Excited about a new ship that looks like it is designed for adults. 😉

Haven't sailed Celebrity in many years, but as I write my TA is booking me a forward sky suite. Will keep you posted if I learn any more details than those already posted here. Excited about a new ship that looks like it is designed for adults. [emoji6]

Welcome back to Celebrity. Let us know if you learn anything new.

Just booked a Sky Suite 1 for April 2019. Was able to get all 4 of the Go Best perks plus a a terrific on board credit from my travel agent.

Really looking forward to reading more about the brand new Celebrity Edge over the next year and and change.

Jonathan

Almost didn't snag a sky suite for either of my preferred dates. There were no sky suites available on January 27, and a very small selection on February 10 (no deck 10 forward S2's). I decided I did not want that magic carpet gismo to pass in front of my suite (noise?). That brought the number available way down. Suggest that you book very soon!

Almost didn't snag a sky suite for either of my preferred dates. There were no sky suites available on January 27, and a very small selection on February 10 (no deck 10 forward S2's). I decided I did not want that magic carpet gismo to pass in front of my suite (noise?). That brought the number available way down. Suggest that you book very soon!

I also have the 1/27 cruise booked in an S1 and booked an S1 for the 1/20 cruise as well. Was able to get an S1 aft (our preference) on day 1 for the 1/20 cruise and when added the 1/27 cruise 5 days later the S1 afts were gone so booked a deck 10 midship S1. I have been watching closely for an aft S1 to open up for 1/27.

I have my price alerts set up for the S1's and S2's and received an alert two nights ago that the S1's were gone for 1/27. Yesterday morning when I got up very early to get ready for work, there was a notice that the S1's were back. I looked and it was an aft S1. I put a hold on it and later called Celebrity and cancelled the hold so the agent could switch my other reservation to that cabin (the price is way up so didn't want to have a new reservation). She did it very quickly as she said they are selling very fast. Luckily it worked and we now have aft S1's on both cruises, one deck apart.

It will be easy to move to the new suite at the end of the first cruise as we can just drop our luggage onto the balcony below. :D

By looking at the deck plans on the following link that was sent to me by the Celebrity agent that I booked our cabin with, http://www.planetcruise.co.uk/celebrity-edge/deck-plans, it looks like the white area surrounding the balconies on the S1 afts on Deck 7 are larger and shaped differently than the white area around the S1 aft balconies on higher decks. Also, aft Deck 6, which apparently is yet to be revealed, is also shaped similarly to aft deck 7 but different than the higher decks. Does anybody have any more information about what is in that white area and why it is rounded and so different on decks 6 and 7? I am wondering also if the S1 aft balconies on deck 7 are smaller than the aft balconies on the higher decks. It kind of looks that way.

Edited by Bamster1
typos

Booked an S3 on deck 12. I'm expecting over hang from that gizmo when parked above. At first I didn't want to be near it either. Call me crazy but my mechanical side is looking forward to being in an S3 with a front row seat.

Who knows maybe things will change from now until then. Quite risky to book not able to see finished product.

I am on a wait list for a forward s2 tho. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also have the 1/27 cruise booked in an S1 and booked an S1 for the 1/20 cruise as well. Was able to get an S1 aft (our preference) on day 1 for the 1/20 cruise and when added the 1/27 cruise 5 days later the S1 afts were gone so booked a deck 10 midship S1. I have been watching closely for an aft S1 to open up for 1/27.

I have my price alerts set up for the S1's and S2's and received an alert two nights ago that the S1's were gone for 1/27. Yesterday morning when I got up very early to get ready for work, there was a notice that the S1's were back. I looked and it was an aft S1. I put a hold on it and later called Celebrity and cancelled the hold so the agent could switch my other reservation to that cabin (the price is way up so didn't want to have a new reservation). She did it very quickly as she said they are selling very fast. Luckily it worked and we now have aft S1's on both cruises, one deck apart.

It will be easy to move to the new suite at the end of the first cruise as we can just drop our luggage onto the balcony below. :D

Cool idea. [emoji41] both dropping the luggage and keeping an eye on cabins.

Never done a b2b. Next February were doing our first in the same cabin both legs. What happens when you don't have same cabin?

• Like 1

We booked an S3 for the 1/27 sailing and we have the connecting E4 too so we will all have access to The Retreat, which is fabulous!

We are curious about the Magic Carpet but we aren't concerned. It is my understanding that we will be given a schedule as to when it will move by our cabin and when it does, there won't be any people or crew on it. I was a bit bummed to learn that as I was hoping I could have a standing drink order and they would drop it off at my balcony on their way by. Talk about room service! ;-)

By looking at the deck plans on the following link that was sent to me by the Celebrity agent that I booked our cabin with, http://www.planetcruise.co.uk/celebrity-edge/deck-plans, it looks like the white area surrounding the balconies on the S1 afts on Deck 7 are larger and shaped differently than the white area around the S1 aft balconies on higher decks. Also, aft Deck 6, which apparently is yet to be revealed, is also shaped similarly to aft deck 7 but different than the higher decks. Does anybody have any more information about what is in that white area and why it is rounded and so different on decks 6 and 7? I am wondering also if the S1 aft balconies on deck 7 are smaller than the aft balconies on the higher decks. It kind of looks that way.

The S1 balconies on deck 6 on Reflection (lowest deck with S1) are smaller than the higher S1s, so could be similar to the deck 7 aft S1s-remains to be seen.

Cool idea. [emoji41] both dropping the luggage and keeping an eye on cabins.

Never done a b2b. Next February were doing our first in the same cabin both legs. What happens when you don't have same cabin?

I've only done a B2B with the same cabin too, but from what people on CC have shared, it seems pretty easy. They put your clothes that are on hangers on a rack and move that to the new cabin and hang everything up. They also deliver your luggage, which we will need to put away (though supposedly the butler will do that for you too, but not for us!)

We booked an S3 for the 1/27 sailing and we have the connecting E4 too so we will all have access to The Retreat, which is fabulous!

We are curious about the Magic Carpet but we aren't concerned. It is my understanding that we will be given a schedule as to when it will move by our cabin and when it does, there won't be any people or crew on it. I was a bit bummed to learn that as I was hoping I could have a standing drink order and they would drop it off at my balcony on their way by. Talk about room service! ;-)

I have a feeling that my DH will be very jealous of those in the S3's. He would love being able to watch how it all works (and he would definitely go for the drink delivery service :)).

I've only done a B2B with the same cabin too, but from what people on CC have shared, it seems pretty easy. They put your clothes that are on hangers on a rack and move that to the new cabin and hang everything up. They also deliver your luggage, which we will need to put away (though supposedly the butler will do that for you too, but not for us!)

Well that sounds easy. :)

Just checked Celebrity website to see about availability of the S1's on our 2 cruises. It looks like both increased in price again yesterday - the Eastern cruise is $500 each more per person and the Western one is $600 more per person (I think since yesterday because I just booked the Eastern leg Friday for $1000 less for total and it had already gone up $200 total since Mon). I'm glad I didn't wait until today to book the second leg!

No kidding. Glad I booked our S1 two days ago as the price has jumped another $600 since. Feel like I got a bargain. [emoji6]

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

I'm trying to get a feel for the balcony situation on the S3's. Based on what I can see from the data we have, the way my brain is interpreting it is that the outer balcony edge head on will be within the track of the MC. Yet, it *looks* in pictures to be completely enclosed on all sides. Is this accurate? Is the front infinite in nature, where the top glass slides down? Or is it conventional? Will they have the new interior opening glass or the old sliding style?

I'm on the fence A1/S3; leaning more S3 to try out the Retreat and Luminae (haven't been in a SS since right before Luminae launched so it'd be new to me and DH). We don't mind shade on the balcony- our fave A1's are the ones right below the cantilevered arms. I just wonder how much fresh air we'd be getting on the S3 balcony and what our side to side view would be.

For the price differential- I'd hope the view isn't as crappy as my mind is picturing.

I'm trying to get a feel for the balcony situation on the S3's. Based on what I can see from the data we have, the way my brain is interpreting it is that the outer balcony edge head on will be within the track of the MC. Yet, it *looks* in pictures to be completely enclosed on all sides. Is this accurate? Is the front infinite in nature, where the top glass slides down? Or is it conventional? Will they have the new interior opening glass or the old sliding style?

I'm on the fence A1/S3; leaning more S3 to try out the Retreat and Luminae (haven't been in a SS since right before Luminae launched so it'd be new to me and DH). We don't mind shade on the balcony- our fave A1's are the ones right below the cantilevered arms. I just wonder how much fresh air we'd be getting on the S3 balcony and what our side to side view would be.

For the price differential- I'd hope the view isn't as crappy as my mind is picturing.

I believe you are correct in your interpretation that the outer edge of the balcony will be within the track. I believe the view to the fwd and aft will be limited due to the tracks. I also think the balcony will be conventional and not the new infinite style. In my opinion the suite perks are going to outweigh the "limited view" to the front and rear of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've seen a number of pix and there are cross bars between the tracks on each deck that may cause an obstructed view for the S3 cabins. CC posted a picture today on FB and the cross bars are quite visible. Check this out, the FB picture showed the bar on all decks and one pic they were the same orange.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1130

Oh, I just found this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2017/03/13/celebrity-edge-new-ship-magic-carpet/99123424/

Edited by Oville