Celebrity cruiser tries Azamara

Tom47

The pillows are a problem for both my husband and I. He likes a pillow that is not too firm and fluffy and I like a firm, fluffy pillow and the Azamara pillows didn't work for either of us! Go figure!

He has neck problems and asked for flatter pillows and they found him some, but he still wasn't comfortable. It seemed like they just flattened down to nothing. I wonder if they work for anyone?

Next cruise, he is going to have to try to pack a pillow!

We were on the Quest b2b 2/9-3/10/17. I experienced an allergic reaction triggered by the feather pillow. We requested hypoallergenic pillows and they were delivered that day. Fortunately, we stopped using the feather quilt and used the extra blanket in the cabin. For us the problem was resolved. After we made the change in pillows, I noticed that we could have requested the change on the interactive TV!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Bonnie, I have another question for you. When I sign in to Celebrity, I can view and verify my sailing history. I don't see a place to do this on my Azamara sign in. Am I missing it or is it not available? Incidentally, Celebrity is crediting me with Captain's Club points for my Azamara cruise!! Yay!:):)

Another comparison between X and Azamara. DW says Azamara makes better mixed drinks. I stick to wine and I was happy with the wines offered.

Edited by Tom47
typo

Bonnie, I have another question for you. When I sign in to Celebrity, I can view and verify my sailing history. I don't see a place to do this on my Azamara sign in. Am I missing it or is it not available? Incidentally, Celebrity is crediting me with Captain's Club points for my Azamara cruise!! Yay!:):)

No, you aren't missing anything. You can only check points and sailing history via the Celebrity website. There is no functionality for it on the Azamara website. Not now at least. Points earned on Celebrity and Azamara do indeed amalgamate.

Better rate on Azamara, 5 points for a V2 balcony, whereas Celebrity only award 3 points for 1A.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you compare how much it costs to earn a point you would probably find not much difference between them

No, you aren't missing anything. You can only check points and sailing history via the Celebrity website. There is no functionality for it on the Azamara website. Not now at least. Points earned on Celebrity and Azamara do indeed amalgamate.

• 1 year later...
Hi, We were on the same cruise. Agree with Tom's assessment.

A few other things to add.

1. Tender service was excellent

2. Did not enjoy the included wines but drinks were great

3. MDR service variable.

4. Specialties excellent.

5. Smoke from smoking areas was terrible and noticeable in adjacent stairwells and on top deck when walking. Very unpleasant for me.

6. Also allergic to Aloe but knew ahead so brought my own products. Please rethink the use of Aloe inclusive products.

This is somewhat objective of course but could you explain and maybe name some of the wines or regions from which they were sourced? Do you prefer red or white? Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc? etc

This is somewhat objective of course but could you explain and maybe name some of the wines or regions from which they were sourced? Do you prefer red or white? Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc? etc

Please be aware that the post you are replying to is well over 1 year old.

On our July 2018 cruise on Quest we had Chilean, Italian & Spanish wines. Don’t remember many of the reds as I don’t drink red, but there was definitely Merlot, Pinot Noir & Cabernet Sauvignon. Whites included Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Reisling, Chardonnay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The wines are a mix, there’s 2 whites and 2 reds each day. The main issue is that it’s all cheap grocery store stuff. And there’s no proper Champagne, just cheap sparkling.

I drink both red and white. Wines served cost between $10-15 at local wine store- middle grade, since cheap wine is half that. I remember an Israeli white that was delicious and asked for it the next day. It was not one of the wines of the day, but Leilani, our waitress, found a bottle for me. We asked for her on both cruises.

There are more Azamara comparison threads on the boards.

Edited by Tom47

We will finally be Elite on Celebrity after our next cruise. Yeah!! Noticed that above post about points was over a year old. Has policy changed at all. We are particularly interested in cruising to Venice since Solstice class ships on Celebrity don’t.

We will finally be Elite on Celebrity after our next cruise. Yeah!! Noticed that above post about points was over a year old. Has policy changed at all. We are particularly interested in cruising to Venice since Solstice class ships on Celebrity don’t.

Points are the same. You will be Discoverer on Az. We are on Az Journey, Venice to Athens, 9 days, Oct 10,2019. Join us!

Tom

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2017 at 8:23 PM, midwestchick said:

I wish they would bring the About Rose toiletries back...I don't like their new products.

I don’t like them either. The about rose was awesome.  And how about making sure they bring back the about rose room spray 

On 3/29/2017 at 9:25 PM, dontdiwundrin said:

Just interested to know from other cruisers please, is smoke from smoking areas really bad, - personally I also find it unpleasant. I assume smoking is banned in cabins and balconies? Thanks in advance for responses.

I please make Azamara a smoke free cruise line 

12 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just like getting rid of the shower curtains, it’s not going to happen.  All ships that have tried to go totally non-smoking have failed.  It is what it is.

Phil

I believe that the original home of the R Ships was none smoking and look what happened to them.

20 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I believe that the original home of the R Ships was none smoking and look what happened to them.

You are correct.  I’m sure it wasn’t solely that part of their business model which was to blame, but other cruiselines have tried to make certain ships totally non-smoking and it hasn’t worked.  It’s never going to happen on Azamara.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just like getting rid of the shower curtains, it’s not going to happen.  All ships that have tried to go totally non-smoking have failed.  It is what it is.

Phil

I believe that max 12 people out of 700 guests should not Stop the enjoyment of sitting at a table near the pool bar because Of smoke.  I know it is possible to quit I did it.  Many years ago as a heavy smoker.  Restricting smoking to a totally open air place is what should be done not in a corner with no windows   Cigars should be a total No no Just saying.   No need to carry on as things will take time to change. Look at the shower curtain. Who puts shower curtains back on their stalls when the do a major refurb. Lol

36 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

You are correct.  I’m sure it wasn’t solely that part of their business model which was to blame, but other cruiselines have tried to make certain ships totally non-smoking and it hasn’t worked.  It’s never going to happen on Azamara.

Phil

It can work if they tried. Today is a different world than yesterday 

42 minutes ago, Ritza said:

It can work if they tried. Today is a different world than yesterday 

I don’t agree with you.  It’s been tried recently and it has been proved that it doesn’t work.  Designated smoking areas on the ship, banning smoking in cabins and balconies is as far as it will go.  

Phil