Carnival Magic Review March 18-25

mechomper

Cozumel: Our ship was in port from 7-3 (Carnival time), which is actually 6-2 island time. I love Cozumel. Been there 5 times between Cruises and regular vacations. Point--6:00-2:00 is not long enough in this port. Next time I will make sure I am on a ship that stays longer. Since we had such a short time, we got off the ship by 8:00. Port area has a lot of shopping and if you just walk outside of the port, there is even more. Of course I bought Vanilla because I love to cook and bake. Kids purchased a couple of things and then we were off. Went to Paradise Beach for the day. Quick taxi ride, which I think is around $15 each way. Beautiful pool and beach. You can use the beach chairs for $3 per person. They expect you to order at least $10 worth of food and drink. We also purchased the fun pass for $18 so we could use kayaks, SUP, and inflatables in the water. Water is so clear. Beach is beautiful. No vendors, just waiters taking your order. My kids had a blast on the water toys. SUP and kayaks were great also. Ordered shrimp ceviche which was tasty and had a few drinks. Would have loved to spend longer, but headed back a little early. Traffic was bad getting back to the port, due to 6 ships in port that day.

Watched us sail off from our last port stop. BTW the captain on the Magic left on time from each port, not a minute late. If we were to leave at 3:00, you had better be on the ship because he was honking the horn and ready to take off at 3:00. Our CD, Dr. E. was wonderful. Kept us entertained the whole cruise. I can see why everyone loves him.

I'll be back later today to finish. Off to a softball game