Barcelona Hotels prior to Cruise

Popsy028

DH and I stayed at Hotel Jazz in October last year - liked it to the point we have rebooked precruise in June. Clean, good breakfast if you need it or coffee shop next door. Staff were very helpful, particularly when we had to extend our stay and find an English speaking travel agent when our Pacific princess cruise was cancelled 48 hrs before we were due to board. Short cab ride to port and 5 minute walk to Placa Catalunya

DH and I stayed at Hotel Jazz in October last year - liked it to the point we have rebooked precruise in June. Clean, good breakfast if you need it or coffee shop next door. Staff were very helpful, particularly when we had to extend our stay and find an English speaking travel agent when our Pacific princess cruise was cancelled 48 hrs before we were due to board. Short cab ride to port and 5 minute walk to Placa Catalunya

Thanks will have a look at that. Always like to go on recommendations from people. :)

Our favorite hotel is Hotel 1889. It is on Las Ramblas. It's a luxury property with a fantastic spa in the basemen with a water circuit, steam room and dry sauna - all free to use for hotel guests. On the roof is the hotel pool and a tapas bar with bed type seating and the best view of Barcelona. Rooms are clean and modern with large luxurious bathrooms. The Bouqueria Market is very close to this hotel as is a Starbucks.

Our favorite hotel is Hotel 1889. It is on Las Ramblas. It's a luxury property with a fantastic spa in the basemen with a water circuit, steam room and dry sauna - all free to use for hotel guests. On the roof is the hotel pool and a tapas bar with bed type seating and the best view of Barcelona. Rooms are clean and modern with large luxurious bathrooms. The Bouqueria Market is very close to this hotel as is a Starbucks.

Sounds lovely, must look at that too.

A lot of hotels are saying already booked for my date but that may be because I am being a little bit too organised and maybe they haven't released prices for March 2018! :')

We've stayed at several - Crowne Plaza, Jazz, Villa Emilia, Holiday Inn Express, W Hotel, Hesperia Tower to name a few. All good and in different locations, but you would need to do some investigation to see if they are suitable for you. One word of advice, I'm not sure how many nights you intend to spend in Barcelona pre cruise, but many hotels have a minimum 2 night stay so that's why we haven't stayed in some of the hotels others may mention.

Check Rick Steves recommendation for Barcelona. We(3) stayed at a hotel that he recommended and really enjoyed it. Not like others recommendation of four or five star we were on Las Ramblas and really enjoyed the service and accomadations for 3 sorry I can't remember the name of the hotel. Easy walk about and good restaurants nearby. Hop on Hop Off a block away.

HI everyone!

Can anyone recommend the best hotels to stay in the night before our Cruise from Barcleona bearing in mind my 83 year old mother who finds it quite difficult to walk will be with us. Many thanks :)

Good evening!

I lived on the wonderful city of Barcelona for some 2 years back in the day, so I know the city quite well. First of all let me to give you an advice: Choose a good Travel Agent to book there once not so long ago many hotels there were to not say they remain beeing very likely to overbook. You don't want to be the unlucky ones... All that said, I have some 3 recommendations for you that you can use, depending on your budget. I choose 3 hotels on the 3 largest market segments for you to see, all of them in or near the Diagonal Avenue, so at the very center of the city, near public transportation, turistic atractions, etc. They are all very unlikely to overbook, but you'll be better with a good TA just in case. Here are my suggestions:

Budget - 3 star - Hotel Condado.

Mainstream - 4 star - Hotel Hesperia Presidente.

Luxury - 5 star - Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia.

Have a nice day!

We stayed at the Barcelona Airport Hotel, El Prat de Llobregat. We are staying there again on our next cruise. Very convenient. They have a free shuttle from the airport. They also have a shuttle to he cruise port and to Las Rambles. If you are looking for a hotel in central Barcelona for touring the day before there are better choices. However, if you are looking for a place to sleep with easy access from the airport and to the cruise port, this hotel fits the bill. Reasonably priced, nice rooms and restaurant and bar on premise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, phissy said:

Has anyone stayed in H10 hotels in Barcelona. We are looking at both Mimosa and Marcada. Wonder if MSC cruisers have experience with this group. Thanks!,

We stayed at the H10 Montcada

https://www.h10hotels.com/es/hoteles-barcelona/h10-montcada

Good location and easy to get around with plenty of Taxis, be aware that many Barcelona hotels are noisy because of the proximity of the metro lines, we would happily stay again, you will get a 5 or 10% discount as an H10 member

3 hours ago, Haworth said:

We stayed at the H10 Montcada

https://www.h10hotels.com/es/hoteles-barcelona/h10-montcada

Good location and easy to get around with plenty of Taxis, be aware that many Barcelona hotels are noisy because of the proximity of the metro lines, we would happily stay again, you will get a 5 or 10% discount as an H10 member

I have booked this hotel for my overnight stay in oct. Looks nice, and I love the rooftop bar with a nice view and also it was reasonable priced. 

Glad to hear you were satisfied with the hotel👍

Thank you so much for a reply.   Also, for correctly identifying my misspelled version of Montcada.

Hopefully, the noise from the metro will be minimal .  We have booked a  room for this March and requested a higher floor. They got back to us and confirmed we are on the 8th floor. We are coming a week early to enjoy Barcelona before boarding our MSC Med. Cruise.

It does sound like a great boutique hotel with many sites within walking distance.

Edited by phissy
add'l info

I guess it depends on where you want to stay in Barcelona.

We had a pre cruise stay where we stayed at a very nice hotel on Las Rambles 'Arc De Rambles pre cruise as we wanted to be in this area. Post cruise, we had some points with Hilton so we stayed with them. The Hilton is in more of a residential and shopping area, but it was an amazing hotel. Would definitely stay at either place again. 

Cheers

Len

When I went, I went with my aunt who had Hilton points that were going to expire, so we stayed 4 nights pre-cruise at the Hilton Diagonal Mar, and one night post-cruise at the Hilton Barcelona. I can tell you a little bit about each.

The Hilton Diagonal Mar was a very nice hotel, most certainly one of the nicer beach-themed hotels I've stayed at. Very tall, so the views from my room were beautiful. The beach and a metro stop are both two blocks away, so easy walks for your mom. Also, the mall is across the street, so lots of places to shop and eat. This hotel has a nice pool and sunning area, with a bar, so it could be a nice place to relax after a day around the city. The Uber to the ship from here was about $13 as well, so it worked out very nicely.

The Hilton Barcelona was much more in the actual city of Barcelona. This hotel was a LOT more modern and luxurious, as the main purpose was a business hotel. Easily the nicest hotel bathroom and shower I've ever had. Camp Nou is within walking distance if you're a football fan, but there's a metro station about two blocks away, as well as a Corte Ingles and another smaller mall a block away, allowing you to shop for some cheap groceries or food. Much more urbanized. We could not call Uber on the way back, as our data was not working for some reason, so we paid a steep $40 taxi fee. But this is not normal and you would not have to pay this if you used Uber. 

I would recommend both for a pre/post cruise stay, as both worked out really nice. However, in terms of space, I would say that the Hilton Barcelona would be the best option. Much smaller of a hotel, more attentive, and just as nice. I hope you enjoy your trip!

I always look at Hilton first, to get those Gold perks!  But I thought that both their hotels in Barcelona are too far away from where I wanted to be [Las Ramblas or nearby in Barre Gotic].  So we ended up booking Le Meridien right on Las Ramblas – it's a Marriott property, so we are getting a Gold discount there [Amex Platinum card gives us gold with both Hilton and Marriott].  Can't tell you yet how it will work out, but TripAdvisor reviews are good.