Will our side-by-side stroller fit through hallways??

My wife and I are taking our first-ever cruise (Serenade 12/10), and we are bringing our toddler twins. They will turn 2 years old while we are Barbados!

Because we have twins, we need a double-stroller. We are wondering if it is wide enough to fit through hallways. It's thin enough that it can generally fit through most doors. If this doesn't work, we are going to have to take two separate umbrella strollers, which will make matters more difficult.

Does anybody know if a typical side-by-side stroller fits down most hallways on the ship? I'm guessing it does because it can't be much wider than a wheelchair.

Thanks for any help.

I would measure the exact size width and call Princess with the question. Also depends on the ship. I personally never have seen a doublewide stroller being used, usually 2 single strollers like you are thinking of having to use.

The only problem with two single umbrella strollers is that if one of us wants to stay in the room or hang out by the pool and the other is taking the kids around, we can't really do that because two separate strollers are going to be too much for one adult to push. We'll see.

Maybe, we'll bring the double stroller (it folds up to a very small size and bring two umbrella strollers--which don't take up much room in their own right--and see what works.

But if anyone else has any insight, please pass it along. Thanks.

Even if the double wide stroller fit it the hallway, where would the people coming from the other direction walk? The stroller would take up all the room. it can be hard just passing some people in the hallways. Maybe bringthe double but only use it when you can have the room to get around others. Good luck, I understand your predictiment

The only problem with two single umbrella strollers is that if one of us wants to stay in the room or hang out by the pool and the other is taking the kids around, we can't really do that because two separate strollers are going to be too much for one adult to push. We'll see.

Maybe, we'll bring the double stroller (it folds up to a very small size and bring two umbrella strollers--which don't take up much room in their own right--and see what works.

But if anyone else has any insight, please pass it along. Thanks.

I can understand the convience you are seeking with the double wide. However you must take into consideration the other passengers. Imagine approaching pax hallways, one pushing a double, the other in a wheelchair.

I agree about the elevators too.

Hate to add extra expense but aren't there strollers with one behind the other? Just a thought.

Also, there's not that much space between the tables in the dining room for a double wide stroller. My daughter had one that had the seats one behind another. Maybe something like that would be more appropriate for the convenience of all.

Even if the double wide stroller fit it the hallway, where would the people coming from the other direction walk? The stroller would take up all the room. it can be hard just passing some people in the hallways. Maybe bringthe double but only use it when you can have the room to get around others. Good luck, I understand your predictiment

I was worrying about the same thing. I'm sure that people in wheelchairs face the same predicament. My wife and I are definitely considerate enough that if we had to back up to a wider area so somebody could pass, we obviously would. I guess we might have to do a little hallway dancing!

As for the dining room, we'd probably just carry the kids down there so we don't have to worry about the stroller. But even if we brought it, it folds up to this really small thing (people are amazed--especially security people at airports regarding how small it is when it's folded up). So if we took it to the dining room and folded it up, there's probably a corner that we could put it in and it would be out of everybody's way and would impede anyone.

Also, there's not that much space between the tables in the dining room for a double wide stroller. My daughter had one that had the seats one behind another. Maybe something like that would be more appropriate for the convenience of all.

Not to mention the small space between rows of saved loungers around the pool deck. A double stroller will definetly be a hinderance to your fellow cruisers. Please have consideration for them.

Aubie

I would measure the exact size width and call Princess with the question. Also depends on the ship. I personally never have seen a doublewide stroller being used, usually 2 single strollers like you are thinking of having to use.

And how will Princess know the width of the halls on a RCI ship?:D

sable

Take the two umbrella strollers. The hallways are narrow. I'm not even in a wheelchair and passing somebody pushing a stroller in the halls is a problem. Plus you'll have troubles getting it through doorways, on elevators, etc.

I know you are looking for convenience but it will honestly be more convenient if you take two umbrella strollers instead of a double stroller.

We have twins too, so I know your predicament! We were just on the Mariner last week (minus the munchkins) and we were actually discussing this same situation for a future cruise. If you have the room and man power I would bring the double stroller for while you are in port, and two umbrella strollers for around the ship. The hallways were quite narrow as were many other areas on the ship. An umbrella stroller would fit just fine, but the double one might have been a problem especially in hallways, elevators, and other congested areas. I saw one woman with a single Graco (Graco is the brand name of a stroller) and I was talking to her about how it was getting around the ship with itand she said it was difficult in some areas and she wished she had brought the umbrella stroller for getting around the ship, but the Graco for in port due to the fact that you can use the "hood" for sunshade vs. the umbrealla stroller that there is no shade protection. I hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Also most of the times...There is a least one "hotel" cart in the Hallway...or a vaccum...Of course,you could try the other side.. but probably the same...Or just avoid the hallway from 8-1 and 5-10 :p ..

Could ya trade it for the double stroller that is one in front of the other instead of beside each other.?

We used to have a front-to-back double stroller, but that was when the kids were infants and the stroller was made for snap-in baby car-seats (if that makes any sense to those of you who don't have young kids!!) It was horribly unweildy--terrible to maneuver. So we don't have one that works now, and even if we did, I think it wouldn't be a good choice given the problems with maneuverability.

I think what we'll do is take both the side-to-side double stroller and two umbrella strollers. We'll see whether the side-to-side stroller is practical on the ship and see if it doesn't cause too many issues. If it does, we'll bite the bullet and use the umbrella strollers.

I know they used to make an item that you could take 2 umbrella strollers and snap these pieces on them to make it a side by side double stroller. Maybe you could locate these and then try them out before going..then if they work good you could snap them side by side or use them separate :) Happy hunting...this will cut down on how much STUFF you would have to lug with you..wish I knew the name of the gadgets..

Ya know - if your kids will be turning 2 - you really can let them walk around the ship with you if just one of you is taking them around while the other is in the cabin. I have 3 kids ages 7, 5 and 3 and have had this issue when they were younger. The kids will probably prefer to be able to walk around a little on their own. Bring the 2 umbrella strollers IMO because then you can always buckle one in and let one walk (if only one parent is walking with the kids) - that makes it easier than chasing 2 2 year old around. Just my opinion - but I have a double long and a double wide stroller and no way would I ever take one on a cruise - not even for in ports. There just isn't enough space. Probably not what you want to hear, sorry.

You can find the things that attatch 2 umbrella stroller to 1 at Babies R Us or in the baby catalogues that come in the mail. If I'm not mistaken they cost around $20.00. I used to work in a chilrens resale shop and I've seen them and they do work (you may need a screwdriver to attatch but it's easy)

This is what you have to look forward to when you become a senior citizen!:D And also going from one board to the other!:D

Won't be much longer, but heck, already have the symptoms.

At least we don't have to worry about strollers anymore.

Only wheelchairs, walkers and scooters.:eek:

sable

on Navigator in Sept. saw a family with a double that could not make it down the hall if the housekeeping cart was out. There was a small alcove area right at the end of the hall. I noticed that they would leave it there and walk the rest of the way if the kids were not sleeping. I do not know if they would leave it out overnight. I saw a different family with a really compact back to back that looked almost umbrella style not any bigger than a full size deluxe single stroller.

WOOEEEE, I know you are a first timer.... when talking about backing up to a wide spot to let someone pass....

THE HALLWAYS ARE L - O - N - G AND NARROW and not too many spots to back up to !!

I suggest the umbrella strollers and get the gadget that connects em.

The service carts always seem to be in the walkway most of the day. I use a rolling walker and have to fold it up several times just to get to the elevators.

Congratulations on your twins. If they are in their terrible twos you aren't going to get must rest. LOL

Archived