Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Bill - It has taken me far too long to contribute to your excellent spreadsheet!  Anyway here is some "data":

Mariner -  904. 1009 and 1115 - PH suites, spacious, good size balconies and both with butlers.

840 - ordinary suite and not to recommend.  Too small, not much room between the bed and the dressing table/desk.  Small bathroom.  AND right on a bulkhead which seemed to restrict the internet "transmission" but this was 10 years ago and things hopefully have changed!

988 - Seven Seas Aft suite.  LOVED the balcony which is huge.  Views from the stern are wonderful.  Living room is OK.  Bedroom quite small.  Bad thing is having to go through the closet to the bathroom.  (Stewardess has to do that too!)  Good thing - second toilet/washbasin.  Really liked that!

Voyager -  915 PH suite.  Not nearly as good as the PH on the Mariner.  Smaller and smaller balcony.

Navigator - 933 -Navigator Suite.  Living room just fine.  Bedroom OK but not much space around the bed.  Balcony terrible - very very small.  Worst thing is the bathroom is off the living room and not off the bedroom!   Suite is under the pool deck but that never once bothered us.  Some say there is a smell of chorine from the pool filtering system in the hall way - but we didn't experience this.  We were on a trans-Atlantic and movement of the ship etc was OK too.

903 - PH suite - very nice, roomy, good size balcony.   Liked that "for what it was" a lot!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 3:14 PM, Hambagahle said:

Bill - It has taken me far too long to contribute to your excellent spreadsheet!  Anyway here is some "data":

Mariner -  904. 1009 and 1115 - PH suites, spacious, good size balconies and both with butlers.

840 - ordinary suite and not to recommend.  Too small, not much room between the bed and the dressing table/desk.  Small bathroom.  AND right on a bulkhead which seemed to restrict the internet "transmission" but this was 10 years ago and things hopefully have changed!

988 - Seven Seas Aft suite.  LOVED the balcony which is huge.  Views from the stern are wonderful.  Living room is OK.  Bedroom quite small.  Bad thing is having to go through the closet to the bathroom.  (Stewardess has to do that too!)  Good thing - second toilet/washbasin.  Really liked that!

Voyager -  915 PH suite.  Not nearly as good as the PH on the Mariner.  Smaller and smaller balcony.

Navigator - 933 -Navigator Suite.  Living room just fine.  Bedroom OK but not much space around the bed.  Balcony terrible - very very small.  Worst thing is the bathroom is off the living room and not off the bedroom!   Suite is under the pool deck but that never once bothered us.  Some say there is a smell of chorine from the pool filtering system in the hall way - but we didn't experience this.  We were on a trans-Atlantic and movement of the ship etc was OK too.

903 - PH suite - very nice, roomy, good size balcony.   Liked that "for what it was" a lot!

16 hours ago, cwbegg said:

Attached is my review for Mariner 749.  We were on the Tokyo to Vancouver cruise.

160380534_CCRatingTemplate.xls 32.5 kB · 10 downloads

Got you both updated, sorry for the delay - this pesky 'job' thing has been getting in the way of my forum updates.   :classic_laugh:

837 Navigator - nice cabin - feet forward beds. Near the front elevators. Ping Pong table in that area but I never heard any noise. I've booked the cabin again for a trip in 2020.

841 Navigator - fine as well. no issues.

I like deck 8 - half way between Pool Deck and Reception.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot get spreadsheet to become editable on iPad

Navigator

518, window suite, Category H,no balcony

Port, forward

Sail date May 2019

1 bathroom

no noise

would recommend

Comments:

Very close to Compass Rose, reception, coffee bar, on/off

Large walkin closet, 6 drawers, can hold 3 big case contents

No chargers at bedside ( bring extension cord)

Separate bathtub and shower, initially brown water ( fixed)

Two drawers in each nightstand

Vanity table with drawer and makeup mirror, charger

Entry table with drawer

Big flatscreen wall TV

Dirty windows, not washed in 9 days

On 4/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, UUNetBill said:

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 289 downloads

On 4/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, clasater said:

Yes sir, it was Mariner

On 4/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, UUNetBill said:

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls 32.5 kB · 289 downloads

Tried to open the template from an iPad - assuming I need to be on a laptop to make it work?  Just off the Mariner, Suite 912.  Thanks!

On 6/22/2019 at 9:16 PM, aungrl said:

Tried to open the template from an iPad - assuming I need to be on a laptop to make it work?  Just off the Mariner, Suite 912.  Thanks!

No, I don't think so - I'm able to open and edit them on my iPad...if you want you can just copy and paste the line in a reply post - whatever's easiest - and I'll add it to the spreadsheet.  Thanks!!

5 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

No, I don't think so - I'm able to open and edit them on my iPad...if you want you can just copy and paste the line in a reply post - whatever's easiest - and I'll add it to the spreadsheet.  Thanks!!

Okay, the technology has defeated me!  At least in terms of actually writing into the spreadsheet itself.  (I was planning to blog during our cruise last week, which was our first Regent cruise and we've been eagerly anticipating it for many months now, but I could never get the internet to cooperate long enough.  Headline:  Everything was beyond expectations, and our expectations were high.)  The suite review is - hopefully - attached.  Thanks for adding it into the master, Bill.

Mariner, Suite 912, June 12, 2019 sailing - review.xls

4 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Got it updated, thanks for keeping after it!

Thank YOU for all this work.  It’s such a helpful resource to have out there!  Glad the final attempt worked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

HI @UUNetBill

Is there a tab to find a full sheet/information for each ship? 

TY for being the admin of this tremendous project

TYIA

PS Noted Greenville. GOOOO Tigers! 🐯🐯🐯

@Fogfog - there are links in the first post of this thread for each ship. Each spreadsheet has one tab per deck so you need to change tabs when you change decks.  🙂

PS - although I live in Greenville, I’m a WVU fan from way back. How ‘bout them ‘Eers!!

• Thanks 1