Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

3 hours ago, poss said:

Yo, Bill:   Are you still scheduled on that January 8 Caribbean cruise?   (Sorry for steering off the course of this thread.)

As of today, yes.  We have two scheduled next year, we may need to slip one out but we’re not sure which one yet...

On 7/26/2017 at 10:20 AM, farthinghill said:

We rather carelessly booked a Master Suite for our upcoming cruise (Iceland to Copenhagen) without realising that it has 2 bedrooms and we only need one and we certainly don't need a grand piano! I asked Regent to Wait List for a Grand Suite instead but it didn't materialise. Now I've read your comment I'm no longer sorry!

We have 879 booked again for our upcoming cruise in November. While we don't need two bedrooms, the extra bathroom and shower is really nice.  The balcony is wonderful - it seems to go on forever and you can decide whether you want to be in the shade or sun as, depending upon where you sit, there is always shade somewhere.  

Enjoy your cruise.

1 minute ago, Travelcat2 said:

We have 879 booked again for our upcoming cruise in November. While we don't need two bedrooms, the extra bathroom and shower is really nice.  The balcony is wonderful - it seems to go on forever and you can decide whether you want to be in the shade or sun as, depending upon where you sit, there is always shade somewhere.  

Enjoy your cruise.

How much sun do you get back there?  We are booked in a Master Suite on Explorer later this year, as well as on the Splendor next year.   We haven't been in the back and were wondering how much sun you can get on the balcony.  Can you sit out and catch some rays each day?  I understand it of course also matters what direction the boat is going on a given day.  

2 minutes ago, Snore42 said:

How much sun do you get back there?  We are booked in a Master Suite on Explorer later this year, as well as on the Splendor next year.   We haven't been in the back and were wondering how much sun you can get on the balcony.  Can you sit out and catch some rays each day?  I understand it of course also matters what direction the boat is going on a given day.  

Yes - you get plenty of sun on the balcony.  The balcony wraps around the side so that is another opportunity to get sun (like you said - depending upon the direction of the ship).  My DH prefers shade so he would roll one of the lounge chairs to the area that had shade.  The deck is so large that the table and chairs (6 chairs I think) get a bit lost.    It is a fabulous suite with a balcony that fits more people than the living room and dining room put together.  

Hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.

9 hours ago, lesliebe said:

How do you know which is a TENDER port ?  We are in 649 on Lisbon - London 5/4/2020...comments were about tender noise.

Explorer.....do I need to be concerned?

Flossie beat me to it - you're fine according to the itinerary listing.  Of course, things can change but at most you'd probably have one tender port added, I'd think, if any at all.  To be honest, we've never really been bothered by tender noise as they only use a few of the lifeboats as tenders and, well, we're usually up having breakfast on port days anyhow so it's not an issue for us.

21 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

To be honest, we've never really been bothered by tender noise as they only use a few of the lifeboats as tenders and, well, we're usually up having breakfast on port days anyhow so it's not an issue for us.

......... or treat the minor noise from the tender winches as a back-up alarm clock so that you do not miss your excursion😉

Expolorer - 9/15/18 to 9/27/18 - London to Barcelona

PHB suite #818

562 sq ft

Forward

Port side

1 bathroom - shower only (very large shower) - 2 sinks.

room was lovely and balcony huge.

Only drawback was the noise when stewards or butlers were accessing the service elevator (which was right across the hall from our door).  Slamming of that door at service times (especially at sea) were a bit annoying.

I'd still stay in this suite again (if not given another choice that is).

Mariner - 4/15/19 - 4/26/19 - Japan cruise

PHB suite # 1009 

449 sq ft

Forward

Starboard

1 bathroom - combination tub/shower (very hard to get in and out of the tub to use the shower)

Room was nice, but didn't like the bathroom configuration (very small - only one sink and had a mirror on the bathtub wall)

Quiet room and not far from the elevators, but it was sectioned off so no noise levels at all from the elevator or hall.

Would NOT stay in a PH on the Mariner that had a shower/tub combination - no grab rails to help get in and out.

Would not recommend this bathroom on this ship.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can someone give me a mental  picture of the inside of a standard Mariner closet?  I'm wondering what's behind the door, when it's open.  Trying to figure out if you could hang something like a shoe caddy on the back of the door, or whether it would bump into something, like shelving or the safe.

(The only Mariner cabin I had was the accessible one, without a walk-in.)

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Can someone give me a mental  picture of the inside of a standard Mariner closet?  I'm wondering what's behind the door, when it's open.  Trying to figure out if you could hang something like a shoe caddy on the back of the door, or whether it would bump into something, like shelving or the safe.

(The only Mariner cabin I had was the accessible one, without a walk-in.)

Thanks.

Standard Mariner suite—drawers and shelves straight ahead as you open door, majority of hanging area to the left. Nothing to interfere with hanging something on back of closet door.

• Like 1

Hi Bill -

Here are our latest cruise cabin notes:

Mariner

Cabin 765, Veranda  G

Starboard, Aft

Sail date September 2019

1 bathroom, Queen bed

Some noise. Could hear guests in 767 (adjacent cabin) talking at times. Crew access door across the corridor.  Lots of door banging as crew came and went.  Some crew realized it was noisy and gently closed it. Internet access point nearby, so good signal. Throughput not so good at peak times as expected.

Would not recommend due to crew door noise.

Other Comments:

Very close to aft elevators, one of which was out most of the cruise. Otherwise convenient.

Shower only.

Flat screen wall TV: cable to connected to the HDMI port in the wall behind the TV to the TV itself was missing

(unlike Voyager) so could not use HDMI port on the desk for watching laptop video on the TV. Likely the TV is not configured to accept HDMI input directly (again like Voyager).

AC struggled to keep the room cool even though the temp as all the way down.  Heard others commenting on warm temps. This was Alaska and outside temps were mid-50s.

Thanks

topkatz

@UUNetBill 

Just wanted to say TY for your work and these charts

I hope more pax will chime in on the cabins as so many have yet to be commented on...

We are booking 2 different sailings and I did find that some postings helped me decide what NOT to choose. Very thankful