Classic Package Change

TommyD3

Effective today on Constellation the Classic Beverage Package now allows the passenger to pay the difference if getting an over the limit beverage. This is the start of the Singapore to Abu Dhabi cruise. Supposed to roll out fleet wide imminently.

Limit is $9 for all beverages. Premium limit is still $13.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

This is big if it is really going fleet wide. I really like how some beers have been added to the Classic package as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Given the old beer limit was $6 and now it's $9, that's quite a bold move. Almost seems too good to be true when most of the time Celebrity seem to be trimming products.

Stuart

How long have they had a standard package? For years we have had the Classic "included" with the cruise fare.

So if you have a Classic package how much is Vitamin Water? What about hot chocolate from Cafe El Bacia?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope this will be in effect on my upcoming cruise on the Silhouette sailing May 7. It won't affect me much as I have been satisfied with the Classic package but would enjoy a few speciality drinks, just paying the difference. My husband would be very happy with the beer changes. He might still upgrade during the cruise for wine.

I did notice that it looks like several liqueurs changed from Classic to Premium so not all changes will be positive for everyone.

The changes mostly make sense to me, just in a rough comparison of retail prices for different items, unlike past lists.

We are on the Constellation in July and had no intention of upgrading with just one day at sea (would have been over $200 for our nine day itinerary). We never would have upgraded any drink or spent extra at full price as that makes no sense. I suppose this is win for Celebrity as we will pay for upgraded drinks on occasion, especially better wines at dinner. If that's what they are hoping for, they will get it.

How long have they had a standard package? For years we have had the Classic "included" with the cruise fare.

So if you have a Classic package how much is Vitamin Water? What about hot chocolate from Cafe El Bacia?

Vitamin water will just remain $5 per bottle as its not an included drink, and hot chocolate is included in the classic package.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Baileys is now premium? Seriously???

So this means it's now more than $9 and I can just pay the difference?

I think Amaretto has been moved to premium too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never seen it advertised to buy onboard but it was offered some time back as a perk for Oceanview cabins with Classic for balcony and above. They dropped it around 2 years ago if I remember correctly. Strange it's still being advertised on some cruises then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have Blue Moon beer listed on premium package also. Can't believe it's now over $9. Wonder how much they charge for Baileys if it's on the premium list and over $9? It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Blue moon was always on premium. That's not a change.

What an interesting change. It sounds good but I am waiting for the gotcha. Last cruise with the Classic I really found myself being so careful with what I ordered as I did not want to end up with a full charge drink. I drink mainly beer but like a nice mixed drink too but decided not to upgrade to Premium.

Not so sure I believe the wording on this is exactly as it sounds for beer as I do not believe a Stella would cost over $9 so why would it not be listed in the Classic included beer? Could a Stella really be over $9 OMG. :eek: