Classic Package Change

TommyD3

They have Blue Moon beer listed on premium package also. Can't believe it's now over $9. Wonder how much they charge for Baileys if it's on the premium list and over $9? It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

It looks like DH can get Guinness, but my Tanqueray is now Premium:confused:

We sail next month. In fact, we have reservations through the end of 2018 with the Classic package as a perk (and as others like to say...that we paid for in the price of our cruise.:rolleyes:) We have had the Classic package on many cruises and have come to like certain drinks that are included. Bailey's is a favorite of DH as an after dinner drink. I drink Tanqueray. ;p

We will be on a 10 day cruise on Constellation Venice to Greece next year. We also have the classic, and I had planned on upgrading, but now I'm not so sure. We will have two sea days, but I'm fine with what's on the classic package, and thinking the only difference would be wine with dinner. I'm going to have to read more on the beverage FAQ thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting.

A very interesting change. Celebrity moved just enough items up to the Premium level to IMO still get people to upgrade. Although with the Best pricing many people already have the premium package.

Adding the "pay the difference" to the Classic package bringing the beers up to $9 Celebrity is softening the impact of the drinks removed from the Classic package. For a little more you can still get them and additional items as well.

Can you imagine the complaints if Celebrity had just increased the prices of some of the drinks. Stella, Amaretto, and Baileys at $10 a glass? Hope those prices include the gratuity, but I doubt it.

Some marketing and accounting people have been working hard.

Two of our table companions purchased the standard package on our last cruise. They found it very restricted and poor value.

The discussion is about the Classic package, not the standard package. They are different, and very few people get the standard package.

We will be on a 10 day cruise on Constellation Venice to Greece next year. We also have the classic, and I had planned on upgrading, but now I'm not so sure. We will have two sea days, but I'm fine with what's on the classic package, and thinking the only difference would be wine with dinner. I'm going to have to read more on the beverage FAQ thread!

We have always upgraded but now with the "pay the difference" added to the classic I'm not so sure what we'll do in the future.

It definitely makes it more attractive to just pay the difference for a couple of days to see just how much we actually pay extra each day before we upgrade.

I know someone in accounting thought this was a good idea but I'm not so sure it will work out in Celebrity's favor.

The discussion is about the Classic package, not the standard package. They are different, and very few people get the standard package.

My answer is a direct reply to post 18 which specifically refers to the Standard package.

Ah...my apologies. They still offer a Standard Package. It limits the drinks available to $6 or less. Very little available at that price.

And we have a Jack drinker in the family. :(

Thank you so much for the information - any idea where Mojittos are priced - did not see them on either package - Interesting on Baileys - last Celebrity cruise it was $8.50 - Thank you again for all your help

Mojitos are on the Standard package, so they will be included in the Classic.

How much is the Bailey's, now...$10?

We have always upgraded but now with the "pay the difference" added to the classic I'm not so sure what we'll do in the future.

It definitely makes it more attractive to just pay the difference for a couple of days to see just how much we actually pay extra each day before we upgrade.

I know someone in accounting thought this was a good idea but I'm not so sure it will work out in Celebrity's favor.

I love this change. Whereas previously, if we didn't see the value in the premium package, we stayed with the classic package. If this indeed will be rolled out fleet wide, I think this will benefit us ... even though they raised some of the prices. On that rare occasion when we want to try something outside of the classic package (let's say a Stella), we only have to pay a $1 + gratuity. Currently, we would have to either pay the entire amount for the drink or upgrade to the premium package ... so a couple of dollars under the new system as opposed to nearly $12 per day. And .... as I mentioned, if this change really will be rolled out.

I'm sure they thought about this all along. They are using Constellation to validate their accountant results. It will be in their favor don't worry:D

Let's wait and see what happens. Some will like it, some won't. Main factors are; what liquors are they switching from classic to premium, and number of days on your cruise. We always upgrade one of our packages to premium. If you want it, you get it. No standing there like a cow getting milked, waiting to see if you are allowed to have a certain drink or not. Then the bartender tells you no, and everyone around hears and they all look funny at you. Now you are holding up the line. Fellow passengers hate you. That's not happening. It just happens that during the course of a long grueling cruise, upgrading works for us. Savings on the new proposed plan may not be all that much for us personally. Again others will be different.

I talked to the Captains Club tonight and asked about the new policy. She confirmed you can now pay the difference for higher drinks if you have the Classic package but not with the Standard package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums