Dropping off luggage at Terminal 1

villager70

Hi fellow Cruisers. Have been at port Canaveral many times but not in the last several years. Driving to terminal 1 and parking in garage. When turning into terminal do you drop off luggage outside of garage on east side and then inter garage. are there more than one elevator in garage and is terminal checkin a short walk. Will be on Oasis on a sunday. Thanks for any help. Bob & Nancy The Villages Florida

Yes, there are two elevators on each corner of the garage closest to the ship

You drive up (inside the building), hand your bags to a porter then drive out of the building and around the circle and back into the building past the pay area where folks will assist you with payment. You then park but try to park closest to the ship to be closest to an elevator.

Terminal-1-parking-plan.jpg

Terminal-1-parking-entrance.jpg

Thanks so much for the info/drawing. this will be our 58th. cruise this time on Oasis, and have two on Freedom in Nov/Dec. booked out of Ft. Lauderdale . I would have never figured the loading of luggage inside of Garage.We have a Jr. Suite and Diamond + so usually arrive at other terminals around 1030 as load suites first. Do they have much trouble with backup of people arriving and departing early.

We have sailed out of most ports in Florida and if I can give you any help etc. please contact us. Bob & Nancy The Villages, Florida

Thanks so much for the info/drawing. this will be our 58th. cruise this time on Oasis, and have two on Freedom in Nov/Dec. booked out of Ft. Lauderdale . I would have never figured the loading of luggage inside of Garage.We have a Jr. Suite and Diamond + so usually arrive at other terminals around 1030 as load suites first. Do they have much trouble with backup of people arriving and departing early.

We have sailed out of most ports in Florida and if I can give you any help etc. please contact us. Bob & Nancy The Villages, Florida

On most Sundays the traffic near terminal 1 flow just fine with short delays for drops/parking. Occasionally, there are traffic issues between 11am and 1pm especially on rainy days and when there are issues with ship disembarking..

Your plan to arrive at 1030 is good and I bet you will experience very easy drop/parking at that time.

Here is a picture of the terminal drop/park area - you enter on the right then come out on the left. You drop your bags with porters in front of the security entrance, then drive out and enter in the middle and drive up the ramp. Pay for your parking and find your spot. Take the elevators down back to the security entrance.

Terminal-1-parking-1.jpg

And below is a clearer picture of the drop-off area with the security entrance doors. You will drive where the green arrow is. Porters are waiting for you in this area and they will place your luggage on the conveyor. Next time you see your bags they will be outside your state room!

Terminal1-Luggage-Conveyor.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Bob and Nancy - Random question for you - how long is the drive from the villages to Port Canaveral and Lauderdale cruise port? Trying to gauge time for someone coming with us on a future cruise. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1hr 50 minutes to Port Canaveral. about 4 hrs to Port Everglades. Bob

On most Sundays the traffic near terminal 1 flow just fine with short delays for drops/parking. Occasionally, there are traffic issues between 11am and 1pm especially on rainy days and when there are issues with ship disembarking..

Your plan to arrive at 1030 is good and I bet you will experience very easy drop/parking at that time.

Here is a picture of the terminal drop/park area - you enter on the right then come out on the left. You drop your bags with porters in front of the security entrance, then drive out and enter in the middle and drive up the ramp. Pay for your parking and find your spot. Take the elevators down back to the security entrance.

Terminal-1-parking-1.jpg

And below is a clearer picture of the drop-off area with the security entrance doors. You will drive where the green arrow is. Porters are waiting for you in this area and they will place your luggage on the conveyor. Next time you see your bags they will be outside your state room!

Thanks again for the thoughtful response. Bob & Nancy

My pleasure Bob & Nancy! And if you need someone to house/pet sit at your place at the Villages pls contact my wife! She has several very happy repeat clients/references in the Villages taking care of their property, dogs, cats and even birds!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
My pleasure Bob & Nancy! And if you need someone to house/pet sit at your place at the Villages pls contact my wife! She has several very happy repeat clients/references in the Villages taking care of their property, dogs, cats and even birds!

Hi Joe. I have friends at the Villages who are looking for a "great" pet sitter. Can you email me her contact info, so I can forward it to my friends? nanatravel at sc coast dot net.

TIA

Terminal-1-parking-1.jpg

Which route do you take when you drop off luggage and people and then return a car to the rental agency?