Cruise Critic Community
Please look for and post on existing COVID-19 threads before posting a new one.
ericr

ordering bottle of booze from room service

Are you thinking about the Duty Free Shop? You can purchase liquor from that shop for lower than at home prices -- but it is held until the end of the cruise.

You can purchase liquor from Room Service at the same price that you would pay from the Fun Shops on-line and it will be delivered to your cabin and you should tip the person delivering it as you would any Room Service order. (There is no auto 15% added as some have stated.)

Yes I was. Okay, that clears it up. Again, very limited selection, but nice to know if we run out of our pre-ordered booze while on board.

On 4/5/2017 at 8:38 PM, spleenstomper said:

Any reason why you wouldn't want to order it online?

I can order one bottle for the ship and then order another later if we run through it. No need to buy a second up front if we might not go through it. 

2 hours ago, crescami said:

I can order one bottle for the ship and then order another later if we run through it. No need to buy a second up front if we might not go through it. 

At one time if you preordered these was no 'delivery fee/gratuity' but now it is either way, so like you say, doesnt really matter. 

Hey - you are on vacation.

AT first, the thought of spending 6 bucks on a stupid beer was irritating -  until reality hit me -

I am sitting, in the middle of the ocean, I am on vacation and I am on an amazing cruise ship.  You simply cannot re-create that on land.  And imagining the sounds, the smells, the movement while I sit here at my desk, working like a dog simply doesn't work.

My conclusion - I will spend 6 bucks, or more - one drink at a time, and as often as I like - while I'm on vacation!  He%% yes I will!  I've saved, I've budgeted and its worth it to me!  I don't want the hassle of mixing, and I don't have a problem waiting at the bar!  My extended balcony WILL get a work out!  I will be in the middle...of the ocean... somewhere in the Caribbean!  38 days until Vista is mine!

10 hours ago, marci4tony said:

Hey - you are on vacation.

AT first, the thought of spending 6 bucks on a stupid beer was irritating -  until reality hit me -

I am sitting, in the middle of the ocean, I am on vacation and I am on an amazing cruise ship.  You simply cannot re-create that on land.  And imagining the sounds, the smells, the movement while I sit here at my desk, working like a dog simply doesn't work.

My conclusion - I will spend 6 bucks, or more - one drink at a time, and as often as I like - while I'm on vacation!  He%% yes I will!  I've saved, I've budgeted and its worth it to me!  I don't want the hassle of mixing, and I don't have a problem waiting at the bar!  My extended balcony WILL get a work out!  I will be in the middle...of the ocean... somewhere in the Caribbean!  38 days until Vista is mine!

And this, my friend, is the attitude you must embrace!  You don’t do this every day, or every month. Come on in, the water’s fine!!  Have a great voyage!

and cheers!!

On 4/4/2017 at 10:20 AM, cruisenovice2017 said:

What in the world would possess you to spend $95 on a single bottle of liquor? I am sincerely curious....

It's worth it to some. 

We have probably all made purchases that others would question.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:20 AM, cruisenovice2017 said:

What in the world would possess you to spend $95 on a single bottle of liquor? I am sincerely curious....

I am on vacation.

I enjoy cocktails on my Aft Wrap Balcony.

Most importantly, Because I can.

This may blow your mind.

I ordered a second bottle midweek!

On 4/4/2017 at 12:46 PM, jgh1204 said:

Just know in Galveston, New York and I think Mobile, bottles are not delivered until day 2.

With gratuity it is more like $7.10 per drink x 22.

Good info!