When does the Genie contact you? And what should I look for in my inbox?

I had read that the Genie contacts you 4-6 weeks after booking a Star suite. I did book a future cruise in a Star suite on our last cruise but it was for WAY in the future, so when I didn't get any notes, I wasn't too surprised, and certainly not upset. I have since moved our reservation even further out, but wanted to know what other people had experienced. I'm sure that the Genies will change at least once in the next 600 days, so I am guessing that a note right after you reserve would be more of a courtesy greeting than anything else.

For those of you who had a Genie, when did they first contact you?

What address did they use - a generic address or their name? (I am asking so I make sure that no important notes go to the spam folder!)

And most important, when should I try to contact one if I don't hear from him or her first? This is so I can note it in my planning folder, and then go back to real life :rolleyes:

I am SO excited!!!!

We received an initial questionnaire a few weeks before our cruise last September and it was around 12 days prior to our embarkation that we received the first message from our specific Genie. We were on Allure and the email address was something like this: AL_RoyalGenie @ rccl.com

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I really dont think they make contact before 30 days out. Would not make sense to contact you outside of the final payment date. People change bookings all the time. I can't see them contacting a cruiser 2 years from sail date.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

You will get the computer generated survey approximately 4 weeks prior to your cruise. Your Genie will contact you approximately 10-12 days prior to your sailing date.

Where ever every you read 4-6 weeks after booking is incorrect. The way people cancel or switch cruises that would be a waste of time for the Genies. They might have ment 4-6 weeks before, but that is still not accurate.

Chef Chris is accurate in the email description.

I hope this helps and watch out for the evil gate keeper at Terminal 18 if you are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale. Enjoy your Star Class experience.

We received our questionnaire ~three weeks before our sailing (not sure that the questions we answered really translated to a different experience), and the email from the Genie ~ten days before sailing (this interchange definitely impacted our experience, in a positive way).

The email came from a generic address.

I really dont think they make contact before 30 days out. Would not make sense to contact you outside of the final payment date. People change bookings all the time. I can't see them contacting a cruiser 2 years from sail date.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

excerpt

Where ever every you read 4-6 weeks after booking is incorrect. The way people cancel or switch cruises that would be a waste of time for the Genies.

I totally agree, but I was just making sure that I hadn't overlooked something. If someone took the time to write to me, I try to respond soon afterward.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience here. I appreciate it! And now i will sit back for a year before thinking about what to plan :ship:

Hopefully the gatekeeper at Terminal 18 will find a new opportunity elsewhere by then!

I think the original process included a "welcome" letter from a Genie but I don't think that process lasted very long. As A&L_ONT mentioned I think there are just too many changes to reservations, not to mention changes in the Genie lineup, for this process to have worked.

We received the questionnaire a few weeks before sail date but as others have suggested, I doubt seriously that the questionnaire was even read by the Genie. It was rather inane and useless (IMO) and I look for that to go away eventually, too. Our Genie (Reyno) did not personally contact us until very shortly before the cruise (first email came from him on 2-3; we sailed on 2-11. The email came from HM_RoyalGenie02@rccl.com. That is where you will get instructions for downloading the loop "app" (not an app at all) which is another waste of time.

I know it's hard to do when you have been told that you will have all of this up-front coordination, but truly....just trust that everything will be taken care of once you are onboard. As long as the Genie has some general idea of when you will be coming to the terminal you will be fine. Once you are onboard, you will lack for nothing.

The only thing you might want to take care of before you get onboard is reserving a cabana, if your cruise includes a stop at Labadee (and you want a cabana). But aside from that, everything else can wait. Reyno helped me with organizing a party in our suite, but even that could have waited.

As long as the Genie has some general idea of when you will be coming to the terminal you will be fine.

So long as you as you worship the gate keeper so should be fine.;) That definitely wasn't our experience.

Currently on Ovation in Star Class - they don't even use the loop app. The genies give us their extension numbers and we are supposed to call them whenever. The information sheet on boarding gave the times they are available but our genie insisted that he was available and on call 24/7 (we had religiously kept to those hours and he threatened to come tear up the paper...we still keep to those hours LOL). Prior to the cruise, we weren't sent a questionnaire, just a welcome email asking when we were boarding, our mini bar preferences and whether we needed any restaurant reservations in advance. We did a pretty late upgrade so it might have been too close to saildate for the questionnaire to be sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums