Poll: Keep Adult Only Pool Areas Yes or No?

Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?  

1,285 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?

• Yes I want them to be for adults only
    • No I want them to be family friendly
    • Don't care either way

1389 whining snowflakes :rolleyes:

Who are the snowflakes? The adults or the precious children that cannot play in a kid friendly pool? I'm not a perfect parent by any means but I think I did pretty well with my two and I definitely taught them that there are places for children, places for adults and places for adults and children. Your ❄️may be the highlight of your life, rightfully so, but he/she shouldn't be the center of my vacation and pool time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hear the "helicopter" blades spinning. It would be utterly tragic to have to tell your kid "No Hunni, you can't go in that pool". You are one of those who probably don't think it's right to use the word NO to you little bundle of sunshine. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not at all my kids get told no several times a day. What I'm not is a self indulge, entitled adult who can't be told "no". If a business decided to change a policy that I don't agree with, I have the right to go elsewhere. I don't have the right or since of entitlement to demand that they do things my way. So I'm calling the adults a bunch of whining, entitled snowflakes who can't stand to be told no

Not at all my kids get told no several times a day. What I'm not is a self indulge, entitled adult who can't be told "no". If a business decided to change a policy that I don't agree with, I have the right to go elsewhere. I don't have the right or since of entitlement to demand that they do things my way. So I'm calling the adults a bunch of whining, entitled snowflakes who can't stand to be told no

If I am remembering correctly John Heald said they were polling passengers at some point and would take their thoughts into consideration (or something to that effect) so we are only doing what customers do when they are unhappy...voicing our opinions. And somehow after reading your comments I don't think you would be very happy if the pools were made to be adults only and I could definitely see you on here complaining about it. If you don't want to hear/read it then unsubscribe from the thread.

It isn't about cost. When there is a specific benefit that is taken away people get upset. They have a right to be unhappy and express that to the business and on this forum amongst themselves. Whether or not the business listens is up to them. It seems as though Carnival was being adult friendly and child friendly at one point and now they are changing that to cater more to families. Not everyone is going to like that and any large change like this will cause a rift and some possible defections. Will it last? Who knows? And since you brought up Disney, why don't people who want a more child centered cruise head that way? That suggestion isn't really any different than yours.

Uh, yeah, with the the number of times different corporations beg me for feedback and surveys every day, I think the cruise lines will be okay with people voicing their displeasure. They don't need you to stick up for them. And consumers don't have to just roll over and take their business elsewhere. Feedback and communication helps everyone.

You'll probably feel differently when they take away something *you* care about.

Uh, yeah, with the the number of times different corporations beg me for feedback and surveys every day, I think the cruise lines will be okay with people voicing their displeasure. They don't need you to stick up for them. And consumers don't have to just roll over and take their business elsewhere. Feedback and communication helps everyone.

You'll probably feel differently when they take away something *you* care about.

Thank you. That's exactly how I felt about telling Carnival how I feel about their new American Table set up. I get very tired of people saying "maybe you need to go elsewhere" over differing opinions. That is not the only option.

Carnival has in the past walked back changes they've made because people were unhappy.

How do I change my vote? I hit wrong one by mistake (didnt have my readers on). I have 3 children, one grown and two at home still. I have a grandson who is 2 now as well. I love all my children and grandchild but I really love the idea of a adults only pool. It's nice to have some quiet time and adult conversation in the pool. It is also one of my favorite spots after coming out pool to read book and take nap. I can't do that in the other area where some parents let their kids run wild with cannon balling and screaming. Before I get flamed for that comment, yes my kids have done a lot of cruises with me but always were respectful of the people around them and supervised. I have been on too many ships at times like 10pm that there are kids as young as 5 years in elevator with no adult and others running wild. So It's nice to be away from the hectic and loud area where the family friendly pool and slide zones are. Unfortunately most Carnival ships serenity areas have no pool and hot tub is not refreshing to me. SO i vote for keeping adult only pool. It is a really important part of cruise vacation down time for me.

And since you brought up Disney, why don't people who want a more child centered cruise head that way? That suggestion isn't really any different than yours.

Personally I don't have a problem with carnivals level of familyNess with or without the extra pool. Nor did I see a bunch of threads, polls or petition from parents demanding that the adult pools be open to children. If I did my comments to them would be the same.

How do I change my vote? I hit wrong one by mistake (didnt have my readers on). I have 3 children, one grown and two at home still. I have a grandson who is 2 now as well. I love all my children and grandchild but I really love the idea of a adults only pool. It's nice to have some quiet time and adult conversation in the pool. It is also one of my favorite spots after coming out pool to read book and take nap. I can't do that in the other area where some parents let their kids run wild with cannon balling and screaming. Before I get flamed for that comment, yes my kids have done a lot of cruises with me but always were respectful of the people around them and supervised. I have been on too many ships at times like 10pm that there are kids as young as 5 years in elevator with no adult and others running wild. So It's nice to be away from the hectic and loud area where the family friendly pool and slide zones are. Unfortunately most Carnival ships serenity areas have no pool and hot tub is not refreshing to me. SO i vote for keeping adult only pool. It is a really important part of cruise vacation down time for me.

I don't think you can change it :(

Thank you. That's exactly how I felt about telling Carnival how I feel about their new American Table set up. I get very tired of people saying "maybe you need to go elsewhere" over differing opinions. That is not the only option.

Carnival has in the past walked back changes they've made because people were unhappy.

I will say that many of the changes such as no more tablecloths, chocolates, even the American Table don't upset me. This one does. It's not like it costs them any money or manpower to implement unlike some of the other things. It's a very simple solution that I hope they consider. And soon.

No if the pools where adult only, I would choose a different vacation. I wouldn't complain about it. I mean is there a Petition for Disney to be cheaper?
This discussion is not about pools being adult only, but about a single pool. The brats already have their own pool, the family pool and waterworks and slides. There are a total of 2 ships in the fleet right now that have an adults only pool and one other that has a pay for option that is 12+ (Havana on Vista). Besides, since you brought up Disney and they are certainly more family oriented than Carnival, they have adult only pools and even an adult only restaurant.

I will say that many of the changes such as no more tablecloths, chocolates, even the American Table don't upset me. This one does. It's not like it costs them any money or manpower to implement unlike some of the other things. It's a very simple solution that I hope they consider. And soon.

And family friendly pools don't upset me. I'm only saying that people should voice their opinions. Businesses like Carnival still need our dollars.

I do find it amusing that several people on here signing petitions and other forms of protest are the same ones who told me to go sail elsewhere.

I'm only saying that people should voice their opinions.

What is the next step once this poll has run its course? How does it turn into something actionable?

Short of canceling a cruise and telling them the reason why I don't see how this poll will make any impact. OP is a smart person, perhaps she has a next step of the plan to communicate this.

What is the next step once this poll has run its course? How does it turn into something actionable?

Short of canceling a cruise and telling them the reason why I don't see how this poll will make any impact. OP is a smart person, perhaps she has a next step of the plan to communicate this.

John Heald addressed the polls on this and other social media sites, as well as all the different pages and threads on a live feed this morning. He said that he's aware of them, he's seen them and read enough of the comments to know that it's important to many people. He promised that he was our mouthpiece and promised he would carry it forward. From there, we'll all see whether Carnival chooses to listen to what's important to their loyal customers - or they bury their heads in the sand and serve their own vision. They'll lose a lot of cruisers forever if they fail to take notice.