Poll: Keep Adult Only Pool Areas Yes or No?

Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?  

1,285 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?

• Yes I want them to be for adults only
    • No I want them to be family friendly
    • Don't care either way

What is the next step once this poll has run its course? How does it turn into something actionable?

Short of canceling a cruise and telling them the reason why I don't see how this poll will make any impact. OP is a smart person, perhaps she has a next step of the plan to communicate this.

Carnival monitors these boards and they are well aware of this poll. I did this simply as a tool to see what others' opinion on it is. Maybe in part so that when we get told "That's what the customer wanted" like the Gold drink coupon, the cold soups, and whatever else they changed because that's supposedly what we asked for, we (and they) can see it's not true.

John had also said that they would tally up the responses both for and against this recent change, yet he never does a true poll on anything. It's always a "Yes" or "No" question. It's real convenient to pick out the few that say what Carnival wants to hear and make them appear as the majority when in fact it is the total opposite. Now it's super easy for them to see what a segment (however small or whatever excuse some want to use to trivialize our opinion) of their paying customers really think.

Will this change anything? Maybe, maybe not. I didn't get shrimp cocktail brought back, nor did anyone by posting a poll I'm sure. But it can happen. Not by me or any one person, but by all of us letting Carnival know what we think not only on here, social media, and writing directly to the company. And yes if it boils down to it, switching to NCL or RC. Although I and I'm sure many others hope it doesn't come down to it. We're not asking for anything that costs money or manpower to implement. Just put the signs back up and let us have a pool where adults can be adults. And if they want to move the hairy chest contest back there, then so be it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

if it boils down to it, switching to NCL or RC.

Just did. Usually we take family cruises but I have one w just my wife and I; it priced out the same to RC but RC has a Solarium, so we figured go for a little change of pace.

Carnival did not ask why I canceled.

They'll lose a lot of cruisers forever if they fail to take notice.

They always are losing a lot of cruisers, but they are always gaining new ones. It's a perpetual churn and it's perfectly acceptable to lose customers as long as others replace them and the overall trend is growth.

Just did. Usually we take family cruises but I have one w just my wife and I; it priced out the same to RC but RC has a Solarium, so we figured go for a little change of pace.

Carnival did not ask why I canceled.

They didn't ask because they didn't want to hear the truth I'm sure. Hope you told them anyway as the calls are monitored and recorded.

4 million passengers sail Carnival every year and they actually have internal ways to understand what a large majority of those patrons want...and what, on their ships, are the drawing points for those who vacation with them. As much as many of us would like our individual or collective samples "heard" I don't think a few hundred "bring back the adult pools" has as much weight as people hope. Good luck to all of you who are basing your upcoming vacation plans on whether or not a huge Corporation listens to you....unless a significant portion of their 4 million passengers feel the same, change will continue to occur. And yes it is a financial decision for them....they know how many of their passengers are under 18 and they know what "family friendly" means to many.

As an aside it would be interesting to know how many passengers Carnival has lost with their changes as to how many more they have gained. Sadly we won't ever know, but considering Carnival is still cruising full the point may be mute.

What is the next step once this poll has run its course? How does it turn into something actionable?

Short of canceling a cruise and telling them the reason why I don't see how this poll will make any impact. OP is a smart person, perhaps she has a next step of the plan to communicate this.

I don't know that there is one single answer to that. I can point to several instances in recent history that customer complaints have led to changes on Carnival being walked back. So they do listen to some extent.

Can we change everything we don't like? Obviously not, but our hard earned dollars do give us the right to the opinion. After that, it's a matter of choosing your own next step.

John Heald addressed the polls on this and other social media sites, as well as all the different pages and threads on a live feed this morning. He said that he's aware of them, he's seen them and read enough of the comments to know that it's important to many people. He promised that he was our mouthpiece and promised he would carry it forward. From there, we'll all see whether Carnival chooses to listen to what's important to their loyal customers - or they bury their heads in the sand and serve their own vision. They'll lose a lot of cruisers forever if they fail to take notice.

Every time a cruise line (not just Carnival) makes some type of change someone comes on these boards and posts a statement like this...and yet the ships still sail full and the cruise lines are still making money. I almost want to laugh every time I read it :D. Carnival is going to do what they feel is best for their largest target market and their bottom line....which by this move looks to be families. They have other cruise lines that offer a more adult atmosphere if that is what a cruiser wants out of their cruise and they also have a serenity area for adults only on their Carnival ships. I can totally see their thinking on this....I also don't think they will lose as many cruisers as you think they will, based on the other cruise lines they own and the younger families they will target for Carnival to replace the ones who move on. It may even entice more families who want more pool area for their kids. We shall see, but I expect this, like many other changes that have happened over the years, to eventually blow over and be a non-factor on what cruise line most people choose to sail on.

They have other cruise lines that offer a more adult atmosphere if that is what a cruiser wants out of their cruise and they also have a serenity area for adults only on their Carnival ships.
But everyone of their main steam western hemisphere area based competitors have an adults only pool in the majority of their fleet. Celebrity, RCI, NCL, Princess, and even Disney.

But everyone of their main steam western hemisphere area based competitors have an adults only pool in the majority of their fleet. Celebrity, RCI, NCL, Princess, and even Disney.

You are absolutely right. All of these cruise lines are adult friendly as well as family friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I have nothing against kids Lord we have 5 Kids and 11 grandkids that we spend a lot of time with!! We started cruising with Carnival for our first anniversary and this will be number 15 for us with Carnival Only!! I wouldn't won't to change that but we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You just made my point. Princess isn't a competitor....they are part of Carnival Corp family. Like I said, they have other options for you so I don't think they are too worried about changing the dynamic of Carnival ships to be a little more kid friendly.

FWIW I don't really care. My kids are grown and we don't use the pools or sit by them (nor have we ever even when the kids were younger). I do enjoy the Serenity area though and that hasn't changed and Serenity is still adults only.

YES.....YES....YES

I am very disappointed about this change! I would never have booked my upcoming B2B on the Splendor if I knew this would be the case. I would have selected a ship with a nicer Serenity Area if I had the chance!

Agreed, I kinda wish they would have announced this and had a start date of six months or more. This would allow people to adjust or pick their ships with an adult area. I thought I did, but now learn that it has been changed? Not sure , thats fair.

I don't care either way, I've said it before that age isn't an indicator of maturity, You might have an adults only pool and have just as horse play, I was in the aft pool last June on the Breeze, had a child to my right and an adult directly in front of me, the adult was 10 times worse than the child next to me and the adult dropped the f-bomb several times, I got out and used a lounger to relax, so I don't really care about the pool situation!

If you notice, John has remained largely silent on this. My prediction is that this decision will be magically reversed when spring breaks are over (next week). Then they can say they listened and reversed the decision! Not so good for all of us who had no idea and booked last year for this time.

If you notice, John has remained largely silent on this. My prediction is that this decision will be magically reversed when spring breaks are over (next week). Then they can say they listened and reversed the decision! Not so good for all of us who had no idea and booked last year for this time.

You know, I wouldn't even be totally upset if they did that. Like make both pools open during peak holiday sailings or high kids time such as Spring Break. But they need to give people ample notice. I'm talking months so that you can plan accordingly.

I would like them to remain all adult all the time but if it meant doing it this way vs open to kids all the time, I would rather it be more of a "flex" pool. But then I think that's the perfect place to get away from kids when there a lot of them onboard. I wish they could hurry up and add pools to the Serenity areas on all the ships. Then the kids can have the tiny pool at the back along with their ice cream and pizza.

You just made my point. Princess isn't a competitor....they are part of Carnival Corp family. Like I said, they have other options for you so I don't think they are too worried about changing the dynamic of Carnival ships to be a little more kid friendly.

FWIW I don't really care. My kids are grown and we don't use the pools or sit by them (nor have we ever even when the kids were younger). I do enjoy the Serenity area though and that hasn't changed yet and Serenity is still adults only so far.

There, I fixed that for you.

IMHO there should only be one. The uppermost deck where they used to have topless sunbathing. It can still be called the booby deck. LOL

You may would like that but Carnival isn't ready to alienate at least 25% of it's paying passengers so no expectations during out lifetime of it shrinking to one far off location.

You know, I wouldn't even be totally upset if they did that. Like make both pools open during peak holiday sailings or high kids time such as Spring Break. But they need to give people ample notice. I'm talking months so that you can plan accordingly.

I would like them to remain all adult all the time but if it meant doing it this way vs open to kids all the time, I would rather it be more of a "flex" pool. But then I think that's the perfect place to get away from kids when there a lot of them onboard. I wish they could hurry up and add pools to the Serenity areas on all the ships. Then the kids can have the tiny pool at the back along with their ice cream and pizza.

"Flex time" is, for sure, the Best option for Carnival and its passengers. The aft swimming pool on those ships can be used as adults only for most of the year and be family friendly during Christmas, March break and Summer time. If that is well publicized and disclosed, adult passengers can choose their vacation weeks accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't thought of that I bet you will be correct.

I called PVP and complained loudly and have never complained in all our cruises.

I cant believe this. I wholeheartedly agree with Sweet Dutch Girl and Havingfun2010 in the same day. The world must be coming to an end :cool:

I voted "dont care either way". It is highly unlikely I am ever on one of those ships and I dont use the pools since they arent accessible and Carnival doesnt offer handicap lifts. Heck even Royal Caribbean's OLDEST ship has a chair lift for the pool.