Staggered Check-in enforced at New Orleans Port??

Topgirl2

We just returned from New Orleans. I was unaware of the staggered check in. I somehow missed this info and it was clearly on my boarding pass. We got to the port at 9 and they told us we couldn't board until 1. I was very upset. We sat there on a bench surrounded by lots of smokers who also didn't know about the process. They told us we could walk to the river park but we had a 12 pack of cokes and both had a carry on bag so we didn't want to lug that around. We sat there until around 12 and they finically let us check in

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering how you didn't realize about staggered check in? Did you not do the online check in prior to your cruise and try to learn the process of when to/how to go about checking in and boarding in NOLA? What made you think that going to the port at 9 am was a good time to get there without knowledge of when they allowed check in and boarding? I'm seriously curious and not being snarky because I do not do a single trip anywhere without consulting everything about the process ahead of time and reading, reading, reading.

Just wondering how you didn't realize about staggered check in? Did you not do the online check in prior to your cruise and try to learn the process of when to/how to go about checking in and boarding in NOLA? What made you think that going to the port at 9 am was a good time to get there without knowledge of when they allowed check in and boarding? I'm seriously curious and not being snarky because I do not do a single trip anywhere without consulting everything about the process ahead of time and reading, reading, reading.

This was my 6th cruise and we've always gone to the port early and got seated and wait to board. Usually on the boat around 11. Yes I did the online check in but don't ever recall seeing a boarding time and trust me there was lots of others standing around waiting like we was. Tons of people was just like us and unaware of the staggered check in. This was my 2nd time leaving from New Orleans and we didn't have a problem the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was my 6th cruise and we've always gone to the port early and got seated and wait to board. Usually on the boat around 11. Yes I did the online check in but don't ever recall seeing a boarding time and trust me there was lots of others standing around waiting like we was. Tons of people was just like us and unaware of the staggered check in. This was my 2nd time leaving from New Orleans and we didn't have a problem the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well a lesson learned, just think how it will enhance your boarding experience for the next time.

Sent from my iPhone