Thinking about booking our first Azamara cruise

wwinfl91

Hi,

My wife and I have taken over 30 cruises and are looking at a Norway cruise on the Journey this summer. We like good food, good wine and good company as well as interesting places to visit. Our cruise history below will show we have been on many of the different cruise lines with Celebrity and HAL being our current favorites as well as fond memories of our two Seabourn cruises.

We are wondering if anyone has any ideas on how we would enjoy Azamara and especially the Journey in a balcony cabin.

Thanks for your ideas and have a great next cruise.

You will love it, I predict!

I looked at your cruise history.....you have quite a few RCCL and Celebrity cruises......you do realize that your loyalty status offers reciprocal benefits to you when you sail with Azamara? That will also impact your enjoyment! Many nice benefits such as Internet minutes, laundry, etc.

Hi wwinfl91 and welcome to the Azamara forum!

We'd love to have you try Azamara Club Cruises this Summer. Our June 23, 2017 "Beyond the Arctic Circle" voyage sounds like what you're looking for!

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1498190400/14-night-beyond-the-arctic-circle-voyage

For a chart of reciprocal benefits, here's a link to our Le Club Voyage member benefits https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-program/member-benefits

Hi,

My wife and I have taken over 30 cruises and are looking at a Norway cruise on the Journey this summer. We like good food, good wine and good company as well as interesting places to visit. Our cruise history below will show we have been on many of the different cruise lines with Celebrity and HAL being our current favorites as well as fond memories of our two Seabourn cruises.

We are wondering if anyone has any ideas on how we would enjoy Azamara and especially the Journey in a balcony cabin.

Go for it! It's a great cruise....our friends were on one to Norway. We were supposed to go and ended up canceling which I could now kick myself for. We'll book another Norway cruise but only on Azamara.

Of you check out our review in our signature below, ⤵️ we were also newbies on Azamara and I share quite a bit of information of what we experienced, how that compared to other lines we've sailed and tons of photos. Overall, we had a terrific cruise, so good we are headed on Quest this fall for a big anniversary! We have not done the Arctic circle cruise but it's in our short list after an increible land trip to Churchill last Nov to see the polar bears, we will be looking forward to polar cruising! (Both poles! )

We too had traveled extensively on other lines before trying Azamara seven years ago. But for one relapse We've never looked back! Azamara is just the perfect fit for us. We are booked on the June 23 Norway cruise that Bonnie referenced. Would love to meet you onboard!

Be sure to request your stateroom upgrade at booking:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

I'm sure you will enjoy Azamara. We were first timers on Quest TA 09.09.16 and were invited to a number of LCV events, due to our Elite status on Celebrity. At one such event, Russ the CD came and introduced himself, "as he didn't recognise our faces ( not good on names, but recognise faces)"

I dream of being on another Azamara cruise!

So you understand my background, I have about 100 nights on Regent, about 50 on the Paul Gauguin, 14 on Oceania, and just 7 on Azamara (Rome - Rome last fall). We're also booked for another on the Paul Gauguin for this fall.

We are currently booked for the Norway trip, sadly not until 2018. Azamara in general pushes all the right buttons for me, and this itinerary in particular has been getting rave reviews from many many folks, some of whom I know and respect.

On my one Azamara experience I met many passengers who are also experienced with Celebrity, and like both.

Interesting post for sure. We are currently aboard the Hamony and booked a Fall 2019 cruise on the Journey, Athens to Civitavecchia. I'm just starting to do some research beyond the on board sales person telling us how we are going to "love Azamara" (in light of our previous cruise history) so am starting out by looking around here.

I already know how very subjective these boards and posts can be but I think they can offer insight into the mindsets of "typical" passengers if nothing else.

Hi,

Just finished my first Azamara cruise. See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2477526

I would go for it. The Captain who will be onboard is Norwegian and he makes that itinerary special. Although we've done Norway twice before on Celebrity we are doing the cruise this summer to enjoy his "deviations" on the fjord cruising days.

Hi,

One of my favourite ever cruises. Many memorable moments including some "surprises" by the Norwegian Captain who you will have. Go for it!

Edited by excitedofharpenden

I enjoy Azamara cruises more than any of the other cruise lines for the following reasons. I like a small community feel where I meet others but can also spend time with my husband away from everyone else. I like the fact that I fit in with the demographic age 55-75, American, Canadian, Australian or UK mostly, active but not mountain climbers. I like the service and fact some of the service providers begin to know my name and preferences. I like not having drunk people trying to drink all they can because they have purchased drink packages and want to get their monies worth. I like staying longer in some ports and the educational lectures. I like the food choices and wine choices that are not extra charges. I like not being asked to constantly buy something. The only thing I don't like is the music choices that seem heavy on ABBA and disco (I am a rock'n roll, blues and jazz fan).

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Princess Cruises and Crystal cruises. With the exception of Crystal cruises the others do not cater to what I like and Crystal is too expensive. If this sounds like you, you should enjoy Azamara.

I enjoy Azamara cruises more than any of the other cruise lines for the following reasons. I like a small community feel where I meet others but can also spend time with my husband away from everyone else. I like the fact that I fit in with the demographic age 55-75, American, Canadian, Australian or UK mostly, active but not mountain climbers. I like the service and fact some of the service providers begin to know my name and preferences. I like not having drunk people trying to drink all they can because they have purchased drink packages and want to get their monies worth. I like staying longer in some ports and the educational lectures. I like the food choices and wine choices that are not extra charges. I like not being asked to constantly buy something. The only thing I don't like is the music choices that seem heavy on ABBA and disco (I am a rock'n roll, blues and jazz fan).

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Princess Cruises and Crystal cruises. With the exception of Crystal cruises the others do not cater to what I like and Crystal is too expensive. If this sounds like you, you should enjoy Azamara.

Thank you, gofloat, for sharing this. :hearteyes:

We look forward to welcoming you and Mr. Gofloat back onboard soon!