Santo Tomas/Copan Archeaological Tour

2tsquared

Has anyone taken the HAL sponsored excursion in Santo Tomas to the Copan ruins in Honduras? It sounds like a fantasic "voyage" but I would like to hear some feedback regarding: how large is the plane, how many passengers, did you feel safe in the air (can you tell I'm a bit nervous about small planes?!), overall impression of the tour that is billed "the Paris of the ancient Mayan world." With the cost involved we really want to know that we will have a great (safe) experience.

I appreciate any and all input.

tt

• 4 months later...

Thanks for asking the questions! I was about to do the same myself. After searching the boards high and low, I've not read a word about the HAL Copan excursion or anything on Copan for that matter. It sounds fancinating.

My ship, the Zuiderdam will be in Puerto Quetzal on May 3.

I was in Santo Tomas March 14 on the Veendam.

While walking to dinner and discussing the days travels one couple mentioned that they took the plane to the ruins. Their only statement was " wonderful but exhausting". Before anything further was added they ere taken to their table. Not a lot to go on.

I along with a several others used a local independent - Livingston tours. It's run by a guy named Gus, who lives in NYC for several months a year. Check out the -other Carribean ports- posts for greater detail.

J

Archived