Norwegiam Gem specialty restaurants

poona1

For those who have sailed on the NCL Gem, I would love to know which restaurants ambiance are the best...for example, please rank them as first to last...

Also was la cucina good or bad as many people claim...thanks

For those who have sailed on the NCL Gem, I would love to know which restaurants ambiance are the best...for example, please rank them as first to last...

Also was la cucina good or bad as many people claim...thanks

For ambiance I would say Bistro, Cucina, Cagneys in that order. Cucina has some great dishes and some bad ones. I usually get the Osso Bucco-they do that great.

Le Bistro, Moderno(the dark tones are nice), La Cucina then Cagneys(it is always so busy and loud with the kitchen in view). La Cucina is hit or miss. I always liked it but last month my meal(lamb chops) was not good at all. I ordered the chops medium rare and 1 came out well done and the other 2 were still blue with all of them not cut properly. They were not eaten.

lacucina is the worst for food no matter which NCL ship. i did have a good steak there, but the pasta dishes are not authentic italian IMO. we live in an area where italian is top notch and ive been to italy twice.

moderno on Gem was just ok. the salad bar was ridiculously small compared to other ships. not sure if this was due to space or NCL cutbacks.

cagneys was good.