Silly spa questions

poona1

Hello...I admit I might be naive about certain things but those who are familiar with the NCL Thermal spa experience please

explain how it works...for example what are the purpose of the Thallotherapy poo, the steam room, the sauna room and the warm chair loungers? Thanks

There's not a specific purpose per se - they are just relaxing. All of these are devices that can be used for various physical therapy scenarios, but that's what they are generally for on a ship. On a ship they are just nice places to relax, sweat out some toxin, etc.

Hello...I admit I might be naive about certain things but those who are familiar with the NCL Thermal spa experience please

explain how it works...for example what are the purpose of the Thallotherapy poo, the steam room, the sauna room and the warm chair loungers? Thanks

I have no clue what they use poo for but that doesn't sound healthy at all.

The purpose is a well-kept secret, only shared with those that pay the fee to purchase a Thermal Spa Pass and find out themselves.

This will be our first time in the Thermal Suites as well. We booked in the Haven Spa Suite as a cost effective way to get into the Haven with the added benefit of the spa. I did call into NCL today and found out that they only have a max of 25% of the passes available for sale if you are not in a spa suite. The cost for an entire 9 day cruise is $239 usd/per person (if booked in advance), $259 usd if booked on board. The cost for an entire 16 day cruise is $299 usd/per person (if booked in advance), $318 usd/person if booked on board. We got them prices just so we would know what the value of the spa passes are if we were to try to upgrade to a higher cabin category that did not have the spa included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I just finished our Panama cruise on the Pearl, we both got the thermal pass for the first time and loved it. We went every day, especially after shore excursions, its nice to work up a good sweat in the sauna and steam room, plunge in the cold tub, or the nice air tub, then to to the mix side and get in the thelassal pool and relax your muscles, the heated lounges are great, had a couple naps there, woke up to the smell of cooked hams.....I would do it again for sure, it's too bad it's not offered on the Sun, we would get it for our Alaska trip....we wanted a one way north tour or we would of booked it on a thermal suite ship.....it's also a nice place to get away from the noise and hussle. Very quiet area to lay back and read, nice views of the front of the ship (on the Pearl at least)

OP here...guess i will learn to relax ...how does the spa in the spirit compare to that of other NCL ships...thanks everyone

The Spirit does not have a formal Thermal suite like other NCL ships. It has public, small saunas and steam rooms available to sit and warm yourself. No hot stone loungers or views. No hydrotherapy pools.