Well I just had a first

dad son team

I just checked my credit card statement and noticed that the charge for my S&S was higher than the final printout I got on the ship. I called Carnival and low and behold, they charged me $22 for a pool towel. In all my cruises I have never been charged for that before. I know they sometimes check them out against your cabin number, but when I returned them I just threw them in the bin for the dirty towels like I have always done. I was never asked for my cabin number when I returned them, and in the Serenity area, they just had the nicer yellow towels out on the desk for self service.

Do you think this is a way for them to deter chair hogs to not leave their towels around and hold them responsible for them? I can imagine many of them stake out their chair with a towel and never return and forget about it.

Years ago on Inspiration I was charged $22 for a towel I got on Serenity. I caught it while on board and got the $$ back. It had started to sprinkle then rain. I gathered up my things but there was no one at the towel station. I looked for the book they are logged in and it wasn't there. I put it in the bin and got charged. Are they refunding your money?

Do you think this is a way for them to deter chair hogs to not leave their towels around and hold them responsible for them? I can imagine many of them stake out their chair with a towel and never return and forget about it.

Would surprise me these hair hogs stole their towels from previous cruise. Fit their inconsiderate character.

I just checked my credit card statement and noticed that the charge for my S&S was higher than the final printout I got on the ship. I called Carnival and low and behold, they charged me $22 for a pool towel. In all my cruises I have never been charged for that before. I know they sometimes check them out against your cabin number, but when I returned them I just threw them in the bin for the dirty towels like I have always done. I was never asked for my cabin number when I returned them, and in the Serenity area, they just had the nicer yellow towels out on the desk for self service.

We were also charged for a towel after we returned from Splendor back in February. First time in 25 cruises. We left our dirty towel on the floor of our bathroom. The cabin steward must not have accounted for it. I called Carnival when we got the cc statement and explained the issue. The customer service agent was very friendly and asked if we might have brought the towel home as a souvenir by accident. I laughed and asked why would we want a used towels with pulls and seam rips? She agreed and swiftly refunded the money to our cc.

I hate on Serenity when you get a towel ( or check one out! ) and when you go to turn it in no one is there to account for the fact you turned it in...I would just rather take a few 3.98 towels I bought from walmart and if I lose them oh well no biggie...I could have 5 of them to lose for what one Carnival towel costs! :o

So nobody was there when you went to return the towel. You couldn't have maybe 10 minutes later tried again? Same happened to me and I went back with the towel 10 minutes later and checked it in.

There are signs stating that you will be charged.

You could have returned it the next day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So nobody was there when you went to return the towel. You couldn't have maybe 10 minutes later tried again? Same happened to me and I went back with the towel 10 minutes later and checked it in.

There are signs stating that you will be charged.

You could have returned it the next day

Actually, there was someone there when I returned it. When I walked up to the desk I asked if I should throw the towels (there were 2) in the bin and he said yes, never asking for my cabin number. Two towels but yet I was only charged for one.

In the end, I called Carnival and like a previous poster said, the agent on the phone was very nice and agreed to refund the $22 with no hesitation. Makes you wonder if they do this a lot and people just don't notice, and if they do they refund.

If no one is at the towel hut, we usually take our towels back to the rooms with us. Then if we have evening turn down, the room steward will replace them, or we take the dirty ones up for clean ones in the morning for an exchange.

If you used cash or a carnival gift card and there was no money left what would have happened?

My guess is they would send you a bill in the mail or call you to alert you of the charge - I doubt they would send it to collections if you refused to pay the $22 but they could potentially put you on a no cruise list and who really wants that over $22

I always use those big pool towels for my shower. I bring my own towel for the pool. On other lines I use my own towel for my shower and the ones by the pool for the pool as they don't require you to check them out like on Carnival. I can't imagine taking a towel home they are too bulky.

Candi

On the Conquest last October they took cabin number and you had to show your sign and sail card. Were told we would be charged if upon return our names were not marked off.

You better believe when we got towels we made sure our names were marked off the list.